• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are 358/2 Days & Re:coded region-free?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakide

Hey there! I'm back with another "Is XYZ region-free" question. ;D
After I ordered the Japanese 1.5 ReM today, I was thinking that after I played through both ReMIXes, I might want to try out the KH games for handheld consoles as well, and looked around for JP imported versions.

So, I'd like to know if I could play the Japanese versions of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded on my European New 3DS XL. (Not talking about Dream Drop Distance because I know all 3DS games are region-locked.)

On Amazon, it says:

[NTSC-J] Fur japanische Konsole nur und der japanischen Sprache.

Translation: [NTSC-J]För only Japanese console and the Japanese language. The Japanese seem to have nice Google Translator skills though. :D
Anyway, this kinda got me confused because I mostly read that they're region-free (even though someone wrote that 3DS can't display Japanese characters or something like that).

I just want to make sure everything's correct before I import the game(s). After all, there are some NDS titles that are not playable on western devices (although I think they were those who had some kind of DSi enhancement).

So, here's it. Does it work or not?

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
3DS cannot play:
- Other region 3DS games, digital included.
- DSi enhanced games
- Virtual games in other region's eshop, since you can't access it. And I think they are unplayable even if you transfer them into your memory card.

I have both US and JP version of 358/Days and Re:Coded and both are playable on my US and JP 3DS. Haven't tried out for my New 3DS though, the cartridges are in my old house. But I'm sure they are still playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back