• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Arctic Dispute

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thespis

Click

Canadian Imperialism. :D

Anyway, the North Pole has recently been cropping up quite a bit in the media, what with several nations claiming rights to it and Russia dropping its land-breaking flag and whatnot. Some people are saying this could only escalate the deterioration of the fragile Russia-West relations and lead to what would be a quite literal second Cold War.

So, I was just wondering what the thoughts were on who is the rightful 'owner' of the Arctic. Personally, I feel that it should remain a neutral territory in the world, with no one country rightfully being able to assert that it belongs to them. Plus, the way we're going, it won't be there much longer, will it?

C

Charlie

Why should it belong to anyone if no one created it?
My answer is that it shouldn't. Regardless if a nation's paying tons of money to hold it captive, or because it's simply in another nation's region.

The Arctic should remain in a neutral state.
No one should claim it. But occupying it is another story.

C

Charlie

Lmao. You're right, but still.

How interesting would it be if Russia claimed the Arctic region and called it "New Russia"?
But then again, this happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back