• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Archery

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
Ive benn learnign the art of Arvhery from my father since I was 13. Although my aim still isnt too good Im gettign better. Its very fun, youl enjoy it. But a word of advice: NEVER EVER DRY FIRE YOU BOW! THAT COULD RUIN IT!

Have fun.

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
Oooh, I hope your not a weak shrimp. :p

Last time I sed a reverse curved (I think thats what thier called) I was like 12 or so. I coudl barely pull it back. But now I would have no problem.

One very good thing with the reverse curve is the more you do it the eseyer it will be. & inces you didnt know, it doesnt work you arms much, instead you need you back muscle to pull it back. Just make sure to keep you left arm out of the way. But dont use an armguard. Like my father says: "Once you get burned youl learn to keep your arm out of the way." & of course, nerver dry fire. Never aim at a person or animal, & make sure nobody is in front of you. All other peopel must either be paralel wioth you or behind you.

And most importantly: Have fun. :)

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
Those are compound bows, if i'm thinking of the kind you're talking about.

I can pull back a 60 lb resistance bow easy, but can barely not pull back 70.. =/. (Trust me folks, its a lot harder than it sounds- try it if you don't believe me)

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
We had an archery session in gym at my old Junior High. It wasn't that fun really.

I'd actually like to learn archery, and I'm with shad0w, I'm much more interested in the whole longbow thing, mainly because Medieval times rock. =D *is a serious fantasy fan* Also, the whole compound thing doesn't seem as genuine.

Bah, archery sounds fun, ALW, I'd say go for it.

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
That's good, i'd say i could pull a 65, but i'm that close to pulling a 70 lb, but can't do it =/.

Kairigirl: That's what got me interested in archery as well. =D Though I still haven't decided to actually take it up yet, but i'd like to.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
I don't even know if we have an archery thing nearby, not to mention I don't really have that great of upper arm strength, I have much better lower strength, but hey, softball helps that upper arm stuff.

Anyways, there's also time and I'm so busy during the school year. >.< But yeah, I'd say go for it if you can find a place nearby that does it. It seriously looks like fun, and it also helps hand-eye coordination and your strength. XD

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Oh yes, archery...

I recommend that you take archery lessons. It never hurts to have a proficiency point or two in any of the bows; they're much better than puny darts or a pathetic sling. I would recommend using long bows, but that all depends upon your character class. You should definitely keep an eye out for any +2 bows or greater.

Anyway, I do enjoy emptying my quiver into a target every once in awhile.

UNKNOW-RONIN-WAR

??????????????
compound bows give the most pounds per square inch and fps and most if not all of them are adustable
like mine is a 90 pound pull with a 100%percent let off meaning its equal to 180 pounds of force witch is like 800 feet per second and enough force to go threw a carr door (or at least a honda car door)
oh and on a side note wear an arm guard unless you want to tear a chunck out of your arm (this onely applies for 70 pounds of pull and up) :D

axelslegwarmer

Website
www.luciferownsme.deviantart.com
Hehe. Now to go about nagging my father to death about getting lessons. I don't know much about the archery place nearby and I don't know what bow I'll start out with. In fact, we just heard it randomly from someone else at horsebackriding during a make-up lesson. I'm so obsessive about archaic stuff... horsebackriding and now archery... For some reason I have this crazy mental image of some Link-esque ride-a-horse-and-shoot-a-bow-ness in my head, of course, I'll never reach that proficiency or confidence in either sport... I nearly fall off cantering on a horse freaking out silently...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back