• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua, Ven and Terra's Master?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Now that we have Square Enix's word:

Long before Sora took up the Keyblade, there were other Keyblade masters. One of these masters, Xehanort, disappeared one day along with his apprentice. This event proved to be a foreshadowing of great disaster to come. Aware of the threat, another master ordered his three apprentices to seek out Xehanort and his cohort.

This seems to be a topic we've been overlooking, and I realise that the second Master could be anybody from this point onwards, but does anybody have any idea of who it actually might be?

For a start Mickey was merely an apprentice back then, possibly training under Yensid, so it probably was not him (although he still could have higher status over Aqua, Ven and Terra). So that leaves a blank space for a character.

Whoever it is seems to have sent the three out to find Master Xehanort and the DS (the Lost Two it seems), so either there must be a few Masters around at the same time all in collaboration with one another, or this current master knew Xehanort and was concerned (this being a while after MX went missing, and this master predecessing MX).

So either this particular Keyblade Master has no true significance, or he/she simply hasn't been revealed yet, but I'm just curious to see what other people think of him or her.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
First I thought it was Mickey, as he also saves Ven in the TGS trailer.

But now you mention it, Mickey is also an apprentice, so that doesnt work...

I know one thing though, their Master is going to be important. He'll be revealed...

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Excuse the reference, but I think it's a bit like Star Wars (the prequels). If you consider the Jedi, you had Jedi Master, Jedi Knight and Apprentice. I think it's like the Master and the Knights. There are very few Masters, but they watch over the Knights (in this case Keyblade wielders) and work with one another. The Masters form the pinnacle though, and make the important decisions and teach those below. And perhaps those Knights, or wielders, are the ones who work with lower apprentices, and build them up. So you get Mickey who is a Knight, Ven who is an Apprentice, and the Master..

That's my new take on it anyway haha. So in short, Master and Apprentice, but Apprentice still has ranks to build up with.

Marluxia #11

I think I will take a guess and say Yen Sid. Why, you say?

1. Because he is old as dirt.

2.He's the one who taught Mickey.

3. He is the one who gave Sora the Starseeker key chain .

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Yensid is also a Disney character, and apart from Donald, Goofy, Mickey and Maleficent we really haven't had many who have had seriously important roles throughout the worlds. Plus you're right, Yensid did teach Mickey. Plus if Mickey is coming to rescue Ven and co, he might at least know them. So yea, I think that could easily work ^^.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
I just remembered about that weird book of his, PLUS he knew the fairies from Sleeping Beauty's world (we can assume that at least). So yea.. he trained Mickey, and to train a Keyblade Master surely you must know a lot about the blade itself in the first place >_<.

Hmm, I'm looking forward to seeing his involvement :).

And off topic, fantasygurl1227, did you get my PM? ^^' It'll probably make no sense now, but I just want to make sure haha.

fantasygurl1227

I'm not normal, thanks for noticing
Nintandy²;2464932 said:
And off topic, fantasygurl1227, did you get my PM? ^^' It'll probably make no sense now, but I just want to make sure haha.

Off topic again: yep i got your pm, and I sent you one back :)

Back on topic: o yeah you can pretty much know that he'll make an appearance, or will at least be talked about

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
My guesses are either Yen Sid, Mickey (his training could have been complete), or a new character.

THB

Just remember one thing. Mickey was trained by Yen Sid in magic. Not with the Keyblade. So he with the keyblade has always been capable of fighting.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
We don't know to what extent Mickey trained under Yen Sid. He could have been trained with the Keyblade, but we won't know for sure until BBS is released.

THB

No..it said in the journal entry of Yen Sid that Yen Sid taught Mickey magic.

THB

Uh...link me to where it says Goofy and Donald are Mickey's apprentices. They serve him because he's their king. But not like tutelage.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
Donald is the Court Magician, and Goofy is Captain of the Royal Knights. Neither are apprentices.

And the Keyblade, last time I checked, is very magical, so there's a chance that Mickey learned of the Keyblade from Yen Sid. Besides, how would Jiminy (who was writing the journal) know whether or not Yen Sid taught the King about the Keyblade?

Athaydea

Bronze Member
i really doubt yensid was merely any more than a teacher to mickey .. i think MAYBE yensid might've learned of the keyblade from what was happening to tthe other worlds but other than that - i dont think he had any prior knowledge at all ..

im gonna go out on a limb here and say that the type of apprentices that aqua terra and ven were, along with the ds ... were a different type of apprentice than that of mickey .. i think ATandV and the DS were apprentices of the keyblade and that mickey was learning of magic and possibly strength of heart .. i think it was during yensids training that mickey was chosen by the keyblade and it was from there that he sought out the other wielders or w.e caused him to become involved ... either way .. if yensid was as important, i think he wouldve had a keyblade and even if he somehow does .. i think that if he played any important role that something wouldve been expressed already ..

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
i really doubt yensid was merely any more than a teacher to mickey .. i think MAYBE yensid might've learned of the keyblade from what was happening to tthe other worlds but other than that - i dont think he had any prior knowledge at all ..

im gonna go out on a limb here and say that the type of apprentices that aqua terra and ven were, along with the ds ... were a different type of apprentice than that of mickey .. i think ATandV and the DS were apprentices of the keyblade and that mickey was learning of magic and possibly strength of heart .. i think it was during yensids training that mickey was chosen by the keyblade and it was from there that he sought out the other wielders or w.e caused him to become involved ... either way .. if yensid was as important, i think he wouldve had a keyblade and even if he somehow does .. i think that if he played any important role that something wouldve been expressed already ..

That makes sense...good thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back