• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua/Sora/Kairi question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROKU-SHI

Banned
After replaying BBS, Aqua accidentally passed on the keyblade power to Kairi, unknowingly.

After that she wanted to pass the keyblade to Sora, but decided not to. now if she did and knew that Terra passed on to Riku before, would the ceremony be affected/not work since she passed to Kairi previously or would it still progress and the keyblade chooses either Sora or Kairi as its wielder afterwards?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The ceremony doesn't promise the new wielder a specific Keyblade, but serves to mark this person with a beacon of sorts that says "here is a being worthy of being a Keyblade Wielder".
No one is inheriting specifically Aqua's own Keyblade, that one remains tied to her own heart.

This means that Aqua could have done the ceremony for both Kairi and Sora and thus both would have the chance to eventually gain a Keyblade, if there comes a blade along that chooses them.

The final decision if someone becomes a wielder or not lies still with the Keyblades themselves, the ceremony only increases the chances.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Masters use the inheritance ceremonies to choose potential students, and most Masters have ended up having multiple students, so I don't think it would have mattered.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I have a question that I don't think is worth opening a new thread over:

If Aqua could sense the passing of the power on Riku, why didn't she sense it on Kairi? Would there have been much sense in her placing a spell on Kairi to guide her to a light when she bequeathed her the power to protect it?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I have a question that I don't think is worth opening a new thread over:

If Aqua could sense the passing of the power on Riku, why didn't she sense it on Kairi? Would there have been much sense in her placing a spell on Kairi to guide her to a light when she bequeathed her the power to protect it?

Because that entire thing doesn't make sense and it was silly of Nomura to even confirming it.
At the end of the day, it truly might be the one plot thing I dislike the most. You can't make the Ceremony a (apparently) big deal, Keyblade wielders capable of sensing even the slightest change in hearts and disposition, hearts making contact with each other even across worlds and THEN say "oh well, Kairi just touched the Keyblade and the thing started, lol"

It doesn't make sense that Aqua wouldn't sense Kairi got initiated since she sensed that in Riku, it was a bad thing for Kairi's character, and it's silly that the almighty and highly gatekeeping Keyblade would start Ceremonies at the slightest touch, heart of pure light or not.

Actually, on this last part: it it was at least confirmed that Kairi's PoH powers had something to do with, I would've liked it a little more.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Because that entire thing doesn't make sense and it was silly of Nomura to even confirming it.
At the end of the day, it truly might be the one plot thing I dislike the most. You can't make the Ceremony a (apparently) big deal, Keyblade wielders capable of sensing even the slightest change in hearts and disposition, hearts making contact with each other even across worlds and THEN say "oh well, Kairi just touched the Keyblade and the thing started, lol"

It doesn't make sense that Aqua wouldn't sense Kairi got initiated since she sensed that in Riku, it was a bad thing for Kairi's character, and it's silly that the almighty and highly gatekeeping Keyblade would start Ceremonies at the slightest touch, heart of pure light or not.

Actually, on this last part: it it was at least confirmed that Kairi's PoH powers had something to do with, I would've liked it a little more.

It's a little jarring that they both introduce and seemingly ignore this new aspect of her power (or potentially the power of any keyblade master / wielder, idk). It's never really been brought up in a similar context before for comparison. I mean, I guess she could have been reinforcing protection on Kairi due to her being a PoH, sensing that light, but that she didn't acknowledge the keyblade like she did with Riku, it feels inconsistent. I doubt the light she sensed was the power to wield the keyblade and more like her PoH light, but I suppose she could have been referencing both in a generalization. It's curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back