• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua goes super saiyan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articus

So in aqua's scenario after you beat her last boss, Vanitas, what exactly happened that caused her keyblade to be supercharged and destroy the x-blade? Please don't say the power of love and friendship :p though that's probably it.

Also, this one is super important, but you know how TAV have armored shoes that belong to their armor set? Well, how can there be two in the Lingering Will bs Terranort fight? They can't both have the same pair!!! GAH!

Rolands

You might notice before too long that strength in the Kingdom Hearts franchise is rather difficult to make a consistent measure of.

Eraqus and Xehanort had both been masters for years, yet were matched by keyblade wielders in their teens. Sora can sometimes cut through blocks of skyscrapers like it's nothing, and sometimes loses to a handful of Dusks. Aqua ties with Vanitas at first, then she's able to defeat him while he's wielding the ultimate weapon. So on and so forth. Attribute it to strength of heart, inherent talent, bonds of friendship, having a good/bad day, etc.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
So in aqua's scenario after you beat her last boss, Vanitas, what exactly happened that caused her keyblade to be supercharged and destroy the x-blade? Please don't say the power of love and friendship :p though that's probably it.

I don't know what to tell you. As Aqua destroys the X-blade, her Wayfinder reacts. She's using her D-Links. The strength of her friends - including Ven himself - is coming into play to kill another friend to prevent a greater evil.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Eraqus and Xehanort had both been masters for years, yet were matched by keyblade wielders in their teens. Sora can sometimes cut through blocks of skyscrapers like it's nothing, and sometimes loses to a handful of Dusks. Aqua ties with Vanitas at first, then she's able to defeat him while he's wielding the ultimate weapon. So on and so forth. Attribute it to strength of heart, inherent talent, bonds of friendship, having a good/bad day, etc.
This is false
Eraqus did lose to Terra...I'll give you that, but Xehanort? Xehanort only lost one time in the entire game.
Terra vs MX? He wasn't even trying. You can clearly tell. He was standing there half the time with an arm behind his back. Terra used 100% of his power, and guess what? He still couldn't kill him. He couldn't even KO the old guy
Master Xehanort > Terra

And Xehanort only ever lost to Lingering Will. Aqua never beat Xehanort. The fight ended because of Terra and Xehanort's internal struggle

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
If Lingering Will can magically grow a cap out of know where for no reason I don't think shoes are a problem. :p

Rolands

Xehanort only lost one time in the entire game.
He lost to the Lingering Will, which is Terra. Either the Lingering Will got a sudden, huge powerboost to make it stronger than Terra originally was, or Terra was always strong enough to take down Xehanort (or at least an enraged Xehanort). Either way, we have a teenager beating a guy who's had decades of cumulative experience because he's just arbitrarily more powerful.

i think cause ven destroyed the x blade from inside
True. But she still clearly only got that far because her strength was supported by her friends.

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
Either the Lingering Will got a sudden, huge powerboost to make it stronger than Terra originally was, or Terra was always strong enough to take down Xehanort (or at least an enraged Xehanort).

One could argue that without a body, the Lingering Will won't be able to succumb to things like sleep or fatigue, or any other kinds of physical exhaustion.

χBladeMaster

Destiny Islands, finally winning races against Rik
One could argue that without a body, the Lingering Will won't be able to succumb to things like sleep or fatigue, or any other kinds of physical exhaustion.

In this vein, how exactly would one defeat the Lingering Will? It's been shown that, if the armor is separated, Terra's mind can just put it back together. You'd literally have to completely destroy the armor. And given how skilled Terra is, he'd just have to play defense until Xehanort tired.

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
χBladeMaster;6245069 said:
In this vein, how exactly would one defeat the Lingering Will? It's been shown that, if the armor is separated, Terra's mind can just put it back together. You'd literally have to completely destroy the armor. And given how skilled Terra is, he'd just have to play defense until Xehanort tired.

Maybe, his health bar in KHIIFM is more like a timer before he realises that he's up against an equally determined opponent.
But, yeah, I don't see any other option for defeating him than destroying/chipping away at him.
Which also brings up the question as to whether or not he can heal.
And you're probably thinking to yourself, "Well, that's a no brainer, of course he can heal."
So let me put it this way, ignore gameplay for a moment and think about the lore, "can metal heal?"

χBladeMaster

And you're probably thinking to yourself, "Well, that's a no brainer, of course he can heal."
So let me put it this way, ignore gameplay for a moment and think about the lore, "can metal heal?"

Yeah I think it's just a gameplay mechanic. Can't heal = wayyy too hard. Invincible because can't actually feel pain = obviously too easy.

Samhain

Bronze Member
He lost to the Lingering Will, which is Terra. Either the Lingering Will got a sudden, huge powerboost to make it stronger than Terra originally was, or Terra was always strong enough to take down Xehanort (or at least an enraged Xehanort). Either way, we have a teenager beating a guy who's had decades of cumulative experience because he's just arbitrarily more powerful.

True. But she still clearly only got that far because her strength was supported by her friends.

The Lingering Will and Terra are not the exact same thing in terms of physical. Because Terra can actually get exhausted and injured the Lingering Will is literally a piece of armor...
Terra is not stronger than Master Xehanort. Terra went all out in his last battle against Master Xehanort and he only managed to have MX out of breath which is hilarious. He couldn't even KO the guy 5x his age
Keep in mind MX was planning on taking over Terra's body the entire game....why in the world would he want to beat the crap out of a body that he wants to use? If you actually fight MX he's not even trying...at all
MX > Terra

And Aqua is pretty much lucky. When she fought Venitas there was an internal struggle going on with Vanitas & Ventus so that doesn't help Vanitas' case. Also, even after we beat Venitas he takes Mickey & Aqua like they're nothing and swipes them away. And the only reason he lost is because of the inner struggle between Ven and Vanitas. This is the same case with Aqua vs Terranort. Terranort only lost because Terra stopped the fight. Aqua's pretty lucky.

I also must say just because you beat your opponent does not mean you're stronger than said opponent
Sora "beat" Lingering Will. And what happened? LW is just like "k cool you're strong. -kneels back down"

He basically stopped the fight because he realized he wasn't Xehanort.

Articus

I still don't understand the power. It was simply a D-Link? Ok. I've been using D-Links this entire game. How come Terra didn't D-Link Master Xehanort's ass?

It was clear that Aqua's keyblade gained some super strength. I am curious where it came from, and also curious if it will come up again. It was a little strange. The X-blade being present have something to do with it?

χBladeMaster

It was clear that Aqua's keyblade gained some super strength. I am curious where it came from, and also curious if it will come up again. It was a little strange. The X-blade being present have something to do with it?

The chi blade shattering wasn't all Aqua. It was Ven destroying it within the internal struggle. This destruction coincided with Aqua striking it, and thus it shattered. The chi blade is the strongest weapon in the KH universe. If Ven and Vanitas had fused perfectly, she would not have even scratched it, no matter how strong her friendship was.

Yes I think she used a D-link, but this wasn't any stronger than any other D-link.

Samhain

Bronze Member
The X Blade wasn't even complete. It was still incomplete and Venitas was beating the crap out of Aqua and Mickey

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I know you don't like the answer but it's the most simple one: Aqua powered up because of the power of love and friendship.

At its heart KH is still a corny series about friendship and over coming problems with love even if it takes the shape of a laser sword. I haven't seen the scene you're talking about in a while but I think Aqua was the only one who "reached out" for her friends strength and it was granted through her Wayfinder (don't quote me on that though).

Samhain

Bronze Member
I know you don't like the answer but it's the most simple one: Aqua powered up because of the power of love and friendship.

At its heart KH is still a corny series about friendship and over coming problems with love even if it takes the shape of a laser sword. I haven't seen the scene you're talking about in a while but I think Aqua was the only one who "reached out" for her friends strength and it was granted through her Wayfinder (don't quote me on that though).

Which is a damn shame because BBS was going so well with its dark tone
Too bad this is KH. That cheesy friendship/love

Not like that helped Terra in anyway at least lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back