• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua Chose Sora Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Wasn't sure whether to classify this as a question or a statement, but I've been thinking a lot about the trailer yesterday. Who hasn't? The trailer brought back an old scene, the scene where Aqua greeted Riku and Sora on Destiny Islands.

Much like Terra (and noticeably, unlike Ven), Aqua was attracted to Destiny Islands by a strange light. Shortly after she landed, she became extremely curious of Sora and Riku and seemed to study them. She said Riku was sincere, and Sora was a spitting image of Ven. Then she said, "One of you might be special enough."

Maybe Aqua and Terra knew 'when' to recruit new wielders? Terra hardly hesitated to pass on his power to Riku and Aqua pretty much jumped right into it.

The only thing that stopped her was seeing that Riku already had the power and she didn't want to create malice between them (that ended up existing anyway). Is it possible that at that moment if Riku hadn't already gained the power, Aqua would have chosen Sora? I think so and I think the latest trailer supports this idea.

In a way, Aqua parallels to both of the boys. She resembles Sora as he tried to keep Riku on the straight and narrow and out of the darkness. Where Aqua failed, Sora succeeded. At the same time, she resembles Riku for the same reasons, keeping Sora (who in this exchange, resembles Ven more than Terra) out of harms way and in the hands of evil, which he also succeeds in where Aqua failed.

But with Sora reaching down to her beneath the water, Sora's connection to Ven which makes him connected to her, and even their first and only meeting where she makes him promise to keep Riku out of trouble, does anyone else have the feeling that Sora would have been the one she passed her power to?

It's a shaky theory at best, but it's been on my mind for a while now. I really just want to discuss it if possible.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Oh, absolutely. I think you're supposed to take that from this scene, the journal even calls Sora and Aqua kindred spirits.

Aqua and Sora's connection is one of my favorite things about the series. It's not in your face like Terra/Riku or Sora/Ven or even Kairi/Aqua. It's subtle, but it's important. That's why Aqua's crying in Blank Points when she learns who's been saving the world.

She didn't pick Sora for the Keyblade, but he made good on his promise anyway, and now he's coming to save her.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yeah, it's possible. I honestly feel that Terra/Riku is kind of a parallel, even though they're very different characters, but I don't see Aqua/Kairi at all. If anything, Aqua is the "Sora" of her trio, the main character and the caring heroine who's going to save her friends. Ven is the Kairi here if anyone, asleep like Kairi was in KH and in need of rescue. He was even sleeping in a coffin like a proper Disney princess.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I 100% always already thought she was going to choose Sora tbh. Like, when she noticed Riku had the power she wasn't like "Damn the kid I wanted to choose already has the power" she was like "Oh crap I can't give this other kid the power cuz his friend already has it." Though maybe that was me already jumping to conclusions.

Oh, absolutely. I think you're supposed to take that from this scene, the journal even calls Sora and Aqua kindred spirits.

Aqua and Sora's connection is one of my favorite things about the series. It's not in your face like Terra/Riku or Sora/Ven or even Kairi/Aqua. It's subtle, but it's important. That's why Aqua's crying in Blank Points when she learns who's been saving the world.

She didn't pick Sora for the Keyblade, but he made good on his promise anyway, and now he's coming to save her.

I honestly think Aqua has more connections to Sora than Kairi, I tend to compare Ven and Kairi since they are the ones with hearts of pure light tbh.

Edit: Oh, I didn't realize the exact same thing was just said haha. But yeah.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Directly replying on my phone is a pain, so I won't.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having Aqua and Sora feels right now.

Terra and Riku are definitely parallels, but luckily Riku broke free before he shared Terra's fate. I imagine when Terra is back, he and Riku will share a "way to dawn" path.

I also assumed that based on what she said, "This one already has the power" and her thoughts later, "One keyblade is enough for any friendship", she would have lassed it to Sora. The events of Birth by Sleep is ironically what stopped Sora from becoming a wielder right away.

But what would one call such an occurance? Was it fate that he not get the power from her, or was it chance that she decided he was better off without it?

As for Kairi and Ven, I don'tojoke about Ven being a "Prince of Heart" for no reason. Of course, he isn't naturally pure hearted, but he and Kairi share a lot in common when it comes to their predicaments once upon a time. Even Ven hating being left out of stuff is similar to her.

Though at the same time Ven and Sora also share a ton of things, Sora really is a spitting image of Ven.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Directly replying on my phone is a pain, so I won't.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having Aqua and Sora feels right now.

Terra and Riku are definitely parallels, but luckily Riku broke free before he shared Terra's fate. I imagine when Terra is back, he and Riku will share a "way to dawn" path.

I also assumed that based on what she said, "This one already has the power" and her thoughts later, "One keyblade is enough for any friendship", she would have lassed it to Sora. The events of Birth by Sleep is ironically what stopped Sora from becoming a wielder right away.

But what would one call such an occurance? Was it fate that he not get the power from her, or was it chance that she decided he was better off without it?

As for Kairi and Ven, I don'tojoke about Ven being a "Prince of Heart" for no reason. Of course, he isn't naturally pure hearted, but he and Kairi share a lot in common when it comes to their predicaments once upon a time. Even Ven hating being left out of stuff is similar to her.

Though at the same time Ven and Sora also share a ton of things, Sora really is a spitting image of Ven.

The reasoning behind her decision was absolutely beautiful. It was both depressing yet thoughtful, and it makes me happy whenever I see that scene. She decided against choosing him because she realized that the keyblade might have been pulling apart their friend group with the trouble it brings with it; she didn't choose him out of jealousy for Terra passing the right, she chose it because she thought that, without the keyblade, their relationship might have been better.

It's even more beautiful when you think of the crying scene mentioned above, as this boy, of whom she hadn't passed any capability of wielding to, had still obtained one and saved the world with it, showing Aqua that he kept his promise to protect Riku and he still proved worthy of a keyblade even without being a chosen wielder, just showing how he didn't need the inheritance ceremony to prove to everyone that he still could obtain that power.

She absolutely would have passed it onto him, but my question is: did she know that Kairi might have had that power when she gripped the keyblade? Would she be able to tell that she was the reason that girl had a keyblade if she met her, or would she never know that she was even involved in that? Just a thought, since Aqua sort of had to assume that Terra was the one to give this boy a keyblade, so maybe she can't quite sense the master's identity of the person wielding it, just the fact that they had the rite.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
The reasoning behind her decision was absolutely beautiful. It was both depressing yet thoughtful, and it makes me happy whenever I see that scene. She decided against choosing him because she realized that the keyblade might have been pulling apart their friend group with the trouble it brings with it; she didn't choose him out of jealousy for Terra passing the right, she chose it because she thought that, without the keyblade, their relationship might have been better.

It's even more beautiful when you think of the crying scene mentioned above, as this boy, of whom she hadn't passed any capability of wielding to, had still obtained one and saved the world with it, showing Aqua that he kept his promise to protect Riku and he still proved worthy of a keyblade even without being a chosen wielder, just showing how he didn't need the inheritance ceremony to prove to everyone that he still could obtain that power.

She absolutely would have passed it onto him, but my question is: did she know that Kairi might have had that power when she gripped the keyblade? Would she be able to tell that she was the reason that girl had a keyblade if she met her, or would she never know that she was even involved in that? Just a thought, since Aqua sort of had to assume that Terra was the one to give this boy a keyblade, so maybe she can't quite sense the master's identity of the person wielding it, just the fact that they had the rite.
She may be able to, once again, at least infer she passed the right to Kairi when they meet, because I am sure they will again at some point. That sounds like a scene that really should happen in some capacity ha.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Wasn't it a given that Aqua wanted to make Sora her successor? I mean, I don't see any other option there.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean, to us it's pretty obvious. But she originally said, "One of you could be special enough." Unlike Terra, she didn't just zoom in on one of them and pick, it seemed up in the air.

Last edited:

Hirokey123

Awards
I mean I am 99% sure Nomura himself directly stated Aqua was about to induct Sora as her would-be apprentice, she just didn't because she understood the weight of her actions. Another way to look at it Terra is the parent that thrusts their young child into acting while Aqua is the parent that considers it but realizes that isn't the best nor healthiest path for their life. Especially since the two of those kids are way to young to knowingly consent to that.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
The way I see it, if Riku hadn't been chosen by Terra, Aqua probably would have chosen Sora. Though I do believe she would have had a longer time choosing or would have weighed on the decision a lot more than Terra did. If anything I feel Aqua really identified with Sora or finds him as a kindred spirit because of the potential burden he would have had to endured if both Sora and Riku had become keyblade wielders (which backfired at astronomical proportions). She would have had good reason to choose either or because she found worthy qualities in both of them that reflect worthy qualities in her friends as well. Seeing it in Riku already just pushed her to identify with Sora further because they didn't share anything in common until she realized that Sora's friend now had a burden to carry and now Sora as that boy's friend has a burden of his own, that Aqua shared.

Kaijuguy19

Yeah I've always thought this too when I was playing BBS. Narrative and theme wise both Aqua and Sora are very much alike in that regard and I don't think I would be surprised if that actually plays a large role in KH3 since BBS V2 is meant to be somewhat of a "prequel" to KH3 if I remember right.

Luxu

Awards
Sora was always made to have a Keyblade, so the Kingdom Key was always his (It just appeared quicker when he "took" it from Riku, or perhaps it was Sora's own keyblade that was manifested?)
Aqua is like Sora in many ways, but she is also like Kairi (Whom is said to be her successor)
Regardless, she holds both Sora and Kairi dear to her heart. I wouldn't be surprised if she somehow passed a Keyblade down to him, somehow.

I find is strange how she doesn't question how Sora got a Keyblade in the secret ending of BBS. But perhaps she knows that he earned it.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Sora was always made to have a Keyblade, so the Kingdom Key was always his
No, this is not the case. The Kingdom Key went to Sora because Riku's heart was consumed by darkness at that point. Sora always had the potential to be a wielder.
Sora was never 'destined' to get a Keyblade, but it ultimately chose Sora over Riku in HB, when he shows the strength of his heart.

Luxu

Awards
No, this is not the case. The Kingdom Key went to Sora because Riku's heart was consumed by darkness at that point. Sora always had the potential to be a wielder.
Sora was never 'destined' to get a Keyblade, but it ultimately chose Sora over Riku in HB, when he shows the strength of his heart.

And still the way to get a Keyblade, the lines are blurry. But it seems that some people think that Sora was never made to have one, while others think he was. But still, we need more clear things of how Keyblades are made and how they are "earned". As Sora pulled his from Riku, Riku's suddenly appeared, Kairi's is...we don't touch on that, Aqua, Ven, and Terra somehow got Keyblades, Xion's was fake, Roxas' was inherited from Sora and Ventus, Xehanort and Eraqus somehow got Keyblades, Lea/Axel was given one, Mickey somehow found one and was given one, Yen Sid somehow got one, the Foretellers made their own, and the Players from Chi somehow got them.

But we should be talking about Aqua and why she chose Sora here!

(Nice to point out that Kairi was never made to be her successor, but instead things just so happened to aline perfectly for Kairi to somehow get one.)

Muke

whatever
Awards
Sora was never made to be one. The Keyblade usually finds it's way to a new bearer and just "spectates" until the chosen wielder proves his strength of heart. The Ceremony just works like "Hey, Keyblade. Look at this fellow, he might have potential." --> draws attention

Sora is the only one (who we know of - except Roxas and Xion) who got his Keyblade without any ceremony. The KK chose him over Riku.

if you want to talk more about this, create a thread. I'd be happy to discuss this stuff

Last edited:

Luxu

Awards
Sora was never made to be one. Look, the Ceremony just works like "Hey, Keyblade. Look at this fellow, he might have potential."
Sora is the only one (who we know of) who got his keyblade without any ceremony. They KK chose him over Riku

if you want to talk more about this, create a thread. I'd be happy to discuss this stuff

May I remind you that the Players in Chi never got Keyblades from a ceremony? Merely just "Hey, have this Key thing! Now go slay shadow things with it!" Also Ventus never had the ceremony done, he just summoned it out of basically nowhere. So Keyblades appear out of basically nothing, whether it be seeking light. Or some other thing.

Also, Old Man who likes infecting hearts was somewhat shocked? (Or is that joy?). I would think Aqua and Terra got a keyblade from Eraqus. And that Eraqus got his keyblade from Luxu or whoever his Master is.

So about...13 (or 12 people) who got Keyblades from not having a ceremony (The Player is the reason it reaches 12, as we don't know whether they are Ventus or some random kid. And yes I am counting the Foretellers along with Luxu and the MoM. Even though they invented it...)

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
May I remind you that the Players in Chi never got Keyblades from a ceremony? Merely just "Hey, have this Key thing! Now go slay shadow things with it!" Also Ventus never had the ceremony done, he just summoned it out of basically nowhere. So Keyblades appear out of basically nothing, whether it be seeking light. Or some other thing.
I said "who we know of", we don't have enough background information regarding the Players and Ventus.
Who's to say Xehanort didn't use a Ceremony on Ventus? Who's to say the Player didn't inherit a Keyblade?
Who's to say MX didn't just give him a Keyblade he had lying around?

Luxu

Awards
I said "who we know of", we don't have enough background information regarding the Players and Ventus.
Who's to say Xehanort didn't use a Ceremony on Ventus? Who's to say the Player didn't inherit a Keyblade?
Who's to say MX didn't just give him a Keyblade he had lying around?

Wait, didn't Xehanort kinda just take Luxu's Keyblade. Instead of using his own? And Xehanort's expression seems more like "YES! HE HAS A KEYBLADE NOW I CAN MAKE THE X-BLADE! *Enter Old Sounding Evil Laugh Here*" so he could have preformed it, and was shocked to see it worked. As for Ephemera, Skuld, and the Player. I would guess, the Foretellers probably tapped into the Book of Prophecies or something and bestowed the Keyblades via heart. Hey, they had to start somewhere. And I doubt that the MoM would sit around making thousands of Keyblades for people he doesn't care for. So he most likely just "copied" it, and gave it to random kids. Also, where do the "new" Keyblades come from? What do they just vanish from the Keyblade Graveyard?

Muke

whatever
Awards
And I doubt that the MoM would sit around making thousands of Keyblades for people he doesn't care for. So he most likely just "copied" it, and gave it to random kids. Also, where do the "new" Keyblades come from? What do they just vanish from the Keyblade Graveyard?
Wait, you think the MoM is making Keyblades? Keyblades are artificially created (and I doubt that MoM is creating every keyblade).
What do you mean, he "copied" it? MoM is not a God or something (unless you mean, like, in the Book and stuff? I'm not sure)

I don't really have a clue myself anymore haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back