• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Approximate Playthrough Times

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knehcs

I'm going to start out by begging that you pleeease not post any spoilers in this thread. I realize this is the spoiler forum, but I'm specifically looking for those with experience playing/completing the game to answer a few questions.

Roughly how long does the game take to complete at an average pace with grinding only where necessary? How long at a bare minimum (a speed run, for example) to experience the entire story as quickly as possible? How long to max out levels and abilities beyond effectiveness (in BbS, there was no point going past 50 or so, in my opinion; for KH1 and KH2 I would often level to 99)? And how long to complete the journal or this game's equivalent to 100%? I'm a bit of a veteran (played all of them numerous times, except for Re:coded) so I shouldn't have too much difficulty with any particular pace.

I'm asking this because I don't own a 3DS myself, but will be meeting up with a cousin who lives a few hours away just following the release to play. Due to conflicting work schedules, odds are that we'll only see each other for two or three days at the most. I'd rather not rush the entire game through, but it's the only opportunity I'll have for the first few months after release. (We'll meet up, I'll play as quickly as possible, then she'll have it for the next few months. Then she'll lend it to me to play in full a few times over again to experience everything to its fullest.)

Thanks in advance, and sorry if there is already a thread for this. I was trying to avoid the other threads in here out of fear of spoiling myself.

xig28

Awards
If your looking to doing a speed run on this game at a low level its nearly impossible from the amount of difficulty the desgner made for this game. on proud mode i managed to go through the game at forty hours( took me about 6 days to beat it nonstop with 8 hours of sleep and 4 hours of school) so you will most likely have ur hands full with this game. this includes grinding as well you will have too much of a tough time half way through the game if your below level 38. if you have any questions feel free to message me about anything. enjoy!!!

Knehcs

I should have mentioned that I'll be playing on Proud. I'm up for a challenge, but I must say you have me a a little worried. xD

At least I now know what I'll be getting myself into. I normally love grinding, but I don't want to over-grind and make things too easy for me (I did this in BbS and was disappointed with certain battles/bosses as a result, even on Critical). I'll be sure to spend every possible moment playing to ensure I can finish in such a small time-frame (ha, as though I wouldn't already).

Thanks for the quick reply.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yeah I would level up as much as you can before heading into the final world. I'm at the final boss and I'm level 45 and I still can't beat him, so i'm probably going to try and level up to 50 before I try again. I was level 35 when I first went to the last world so yeah lol

xig28

Awards
I should have mentioned that I'll be playing on Proud. I'm up for a challenge, but I must say you have me a a little worried. xD

At least I now know what I'll be getting myself into. I normally love grinding, but I don't want to over-grind and make things too easy for me (I did this in BbS and was disappointed with certain battles/bosses as a result, even on Critical). I'll be sure to spend every possible moment playing to ensure I can finish in such a small time-frame (ha, as though I wouldn't already).

Thanks for the quick reply.
even if you over grind enemies will still do alot of damage your defense kinda lacks alot in this game, also im not sure i remember this happening in the previous kh games, but if your in one area and had unlocked treasure chest leveled up awhile or so, if you die towards the end when you restart you literally restart from the beginning of the area. meaning you have to re unlock treasure chest and level up again. its quite annoying especially on critical since i went through ten minutes in a area just to die and do it all over again, so be careful with that just save or re enter the area

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
even if you over grind enemies will still do alot of damage your defense kinda lacks alot in this game, also im not sure i remember this happening in the previous kh games, but if your in one area and had unlocked treasure chest leveled up awhile or so, if you die towards the end when you restart you literally restart from the beginning of the area. meaning you have to re unlock treasure chest and level up again. its quite annoying especially on critical since i went through ten minutes in a area just to die and do it all over again, so be careful with that just save or re enter the area

Which is one reason I leveled up originally in the last disney world before I started using the final world of the game for level grinding lol.

xig28

Awards
I will just add this. of all those no damage videos i seen so far. i believe this game is and will never be meant to be beaten with any no damage against almost any bosses. This game on critical or proud is far tooo difficult to try to get a no damage. there is too much being thrown at you and its difficult to try to get any no hit. If any of those youtubers prove me wrong and not get damage by any of the bosses towards the very end i will congratulate them heavily, but until then i have my doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back