• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Apprentice Xehanort is irrelevant

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
That always was an odd piece of Xehanort's development. "I'm going to be a gross old man who's obsessed with DARKNESS instead of something tangible like an actual hobby, and that's just fine!"

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'm totally down for a bunch of bosses! Challenge me!

But it'd be great if you got to fight each one as an INDIVIDUAL rather than the whole "branch of Xehanort" thing we got goin on.

Honestly my big question is Young Xehanort in general. I mean, we've covered how the Apprentice probly got to understanding things. We talked about Terranort's relevancy in general...but what about YMX? How exactly does HE fit in? He doubts his future self on occasion (which i get), but you're telling me that since time is messed up that YMX always knew who he'd become? If he doubts, then how did he end up like that, anyway? Scrooge chose to change. Why not YMX?
YX is a bit of an oddity right now. When he goes back to his proper time he forgets all that he learns while traveling making it next to impossible for him to not become MX since it's done on a subconscious level it would see.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
YX is a bit of an oddity right now. When he goes back to his proper time he forgets all that he learns while traveling making it next to impossible for him to not become MX since it's done on a subconscious level it would see.
But...I don't understand how he can even be filled with doubt and still end up on the same path. Maybe KH is a universe where destinies are predetermined? Is there anywhere that they say one cannot alter one's ultimate fate?

Gram

Banned
Awards
But...I don't understand how he can even be filled with doubt and still end up on the same path. Maybe KH is a universe where destinies are predetermined? Is there anywhere that they say one cannot alter one's ultimate fate?

I wouldn't say things are predetermined just that Xehanort is unable to alter history as he claims several times. Even if YX doubts what he sees he'll forget it and be doomed to become MX any way.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
I wouldn't say things are predetermined just that Xehanort is unable to alter history as he claims several times. Even if YX doubts what he sees he'll forget it and be doomed to become MX any way.
I suppose that's true..Well, I guess that clears THAT up a bit! I'd honestly forgotten that he doesn't remember when he goes back to his own time. So the only one who knows it all is MX himself, huh?

Gram

Banned
Awards
I suppose that's true..Well, I guess that clears THAT up a bit! I'd honestly forgotten that he doesn't remember when he goes back to his own time. So the only one who knows it all is MX himself, huh?

More or less. As MX states "only the future lies beyond my sight".

MyNameisAnsem

Why would he know it now though? If his past incarnations forgot it, how would he know?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Why would he know it now though? If his past incarnations forgot it, how would he know?

Not what she meant. MX knows because he's the version that has lived the events YX got a sneak peak of. YX learns of them but forgets while MX has lived them by living through each experience.
For MX it is history but for YX it is future, future knowledge is lost upon return to the past.

MyNameisAnsem

Not what she meant. MX knows because he's the version that has lived the events YX got a sneak peak of. YX learns of them but forgets while MX has lived them by living through each experience.
For MX it is history but for YX it is future, future knowledge is lost upon return to the past.

Oh, okay then. Now that I reread the post, it makes sense, given that that MX is apparently the one revived after Ansem and Xemnas were defeated.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Oh, okay then. Now that I reread the post, it makes sense, given that that MX is apparently the one revived after Ansem and Xemnas were defeated.
Yup! In this case: the oldest is the wisest!
So the older he is, the more that version will know since he's pulling all the strings. This IS his show, after all.
But if it were chronologically old? Ansem and Xehanort would probly know the most.

Confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back