• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Appreciate the Simple Stuff (Slice of Life Interest Check/Questions)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Interested? Also, teens or adults?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adults

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
The title says it all: I'm thinking of starting up a new RP based on the simple everyday life. It's such an easy concept but there are more than a few problems with it. For starters I don't have a set story for the characters yet and though at first people could be drawn to the idea of character interaction, we'd need more substance to keep the RP going. An easy solution might be to have a small series of not-too-important story arcs to keep things fresh, but I'm still just bouncing ideas with myself. The second problem I want to bring up is one you can help out with: Should the cast of characters (you!) be teens or adults? People always seem to be drawn to the younger crowd because the majority of us are young ourselves and it's more relatable that way. Also keep in mind that even though this will start as a simplistic slice of life RP, there's nothing stopping us from making Stuff...less than Simple. ;)
You can vote more than once, but please only vote once in each of the two categories! So don't vote yes and no. That'd be silly, just vote yes and teens, for example.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm not sure where "young" adult falls into the category, but I picked adult anyways. I already have a character in mind for this, sort of. xD I'm good with a mini series/arcs for us to go through. I was wondering if it was okay for me to ask, if we don't entirely do a "school" setting, because it's been overused a lot. (I know some might want it, but I'm hoping not all of us have to start there.)

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I'm not sure where "young" adult falls into the category, but I picked adult anyways. I already have a character in mind for this, sort of. xD I'm good with a mini series/arcs for us to go through. I was wondering if it was okay for me to ask, if we don't entirely do a "school" setting, because it's been overused a lot. (I know some might want it, but I'm hoping not all of us have to start there.)
Right as I lay my head to sleep I realized it was kind of a broad term as well lol. By teens I mean from 16+ while adults would be 18/21+. That isn't too big of a difference I'll admit, but its still something I wanted to ask though I'd also want 'adults' to be the main focal point of the RP. As for the school setting, I don't really want school to be a major part of this either for the same reasons. At most it'll be a thing that happens but we never actually make posts just for the school settings. Essentially, everyday would be an eternal afternoon/summer vacation.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
My vote goes to adults. I think a slice of life about a group of adults who have to do lame things like work and pay bills could actually be fun and lead to some humorous moments. It just seems like something that isn't done too often if you ask me, other than maybe on American television. I can already picture office shenanigans, mailman jokes, all kinds of different things, and then seeing how these adults come into each other's lives and change them for better or worse is where it might really shine. Besides, just because you're an adult doesn't mean you don't still have that but of childlike wonder in you.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
So I'll be working on throwing something together this week. I have a few days off so I'll see what I can do! ...Of course I work multiple days in a row after that, but still! I also need to work on some other writing stuff so I have plenty to do.

LatinoHeat90

Definitely want to go the adult or young adult route with this. And I also think I would enjoy the story arc idea. I can just imagine the shenanigans everyone can get into and then a new story arc starts it will be another glorious adventure with the same characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back