• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Appreciate the Invasion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I couldn't remember how I got here as I found myself standing atop of a hill overlooking a cornfield with a bazooka propped onto my shoulder. My finger itched to pull the trigger, but it was was much too soon for that. My army hat with its three gold stars obscured my right eye as my target slowly appeared around the corner. "Captain Lucy, come in! Do you see it?! It's going to destroy the whole city! We must retreat!" I groaned in annoyance as I fish out my walkie talkie from beneath my red studded cape and held it up to my mouth to address the frantic voices on the other end. "Silence, soldier! We're on the battlefield! If you can't shut up, you'll be on the other end of my bazooka. And be ready for my command!" Instantly the walkie talkie went quiet. That's what I thought. Chucking the walkie talkie aside, I lifted my bazooka up and zoomed in as screams of civilians and soldiers alike reached my ears. The ground shook beneath my feet as an angry teddy bear came roaring into sight and started stomping around at the fleeing citizens beneath its feet. I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I pulled the trigger and watched the teddy bear explode into flames and smoke. Chunks of cotton began to fall as the people beneath me cheered in relief only to turn to horror when suddenly tiny teddy bears came running. Three of them ganging up on me and tackling to me to the ground. Well sh*t-

Thud.

I jerked instantly awake from hitting the bedroom floor with a solid thump with my blankets wrapped around my legs. "Great way to start the morning, eh, Lucy?" I sighed, scrambling to untangle myself from the sheets before leaning over the bed, checking the time on my alarm clock that was sitting on the end table next to my bed. It was ten in the morning. Not bad. Taking my time, I went into the kitchen, fixing myself a cup of coffee with a glass of orange juice, and an english egg muffin. Eyeing last nights dishes, I debated on doing them before my egg was done cooking, but decided against it as I finished putting my english muffin with english cheese together with my egg sandwich in the middle. My orange juice was already sitting at the table as I took my seat and tugged my laptop closer as I took a bite out of my breakfast.

Turning on my laptop, I checked Wacky's Toy Store inventory. Scrolling through the list, I noticed we were running out of popular merchandise and needed to order more shipments for our store. At the sight of the word 'teddy bear' I froze mid-halt in scrolling and considered deleting it. No one would know. And after last nights dream, I'm not sure I want to restock a shelf full of teddy bears when they could be turned into man killing beasts. And they're not that popular anyway... yeah, maybe no one will notice if I replace them with a shipment of plushie pikachu's? Pokemon is still really big right now. I knew what I was doing could get me into trouble but I ignored that part of my brain as I click the mouse to hit 'delete' and ordered a shipment of different plushie pokemon.

I almost felt relieved until I remembered the shelf full of teddy bears in the store. "What am I suppose to do with those?" I mused to myself, setting my empty plate aside and fumbling around to pour sugar into my cup of coffee. "If I stuff them in a box, they'll go to waste and money will be lost after purchasing them last month." And there was no way I was buying them, or hoarding them into my tiny apartment. Leaving the coffee on the counter, I went back into my bedroom and set my clothes out for the day before hopping into the bathroom to shower for the day and figure out my problem.

Twenty minutes later I was ready for the day with my hair drying across my back and dripping onto my shirt. Picking up the home phone, I propped it against my ear as I sat down on the floor with my back pressed against a wall, and looking down at my freshly painted toenails. I wasn't sure if it was the irony of the situation or the dream that propelled me to paint them a blazing red. As the phone rung against my ear, I could counted to ten before hearing someone finally picking up on the other end.

"Hello, this is Wacky's Toy Store, how may I-"

Instantly recognizing the groggy voice on the other end, I couldn't help myself from cutting in. "Did the new shipment of toys come in yet?" Something like the sound of disbelief, or a dog whining in my ear came through as I sat there impatiently. I knew if I went in today I'd end up manning the store as Andrew nursed his hangover from last night from partying. I worked more than enough overtime as it was, so I fiddled with my ps2 controller in my lap as I waited for him to get it all out before I made my demands.

"Wha- You're not going to even ask me how my night went? How I went around breaking hearts and landing a stud?"
"Gus, c'mon. We do this every other week and you're suppose to be working and manning the store! And did you just say stud?"
"Lulu, that cuts deep. And you know I prefer Andrew."
"Fine~ You can tell me about your new stud later, Andrew. Right now it's important you work your shifts and keep an eye out for a delivery."
"I thought we just got this month's shipment?"

I almost choked on own spit as I nervously sent my ps2 clattering to the floor. Now wasn't the time to be panicking as I coughed air back into my lungs and found my voice. "No, that was last month's shipment. Anyways, you'll need to sign the papers for the new, hot merchandise and take down those old teddy bears. There'll be some posters that need displaying that comes with the new toys." Getting an affirmative from Andrew, I hung up the phone before he could ask me any more questions. Heaving myself up off the floor, I knew I wouldn't be able to sit still despite how badly I wanted to read some webtoons on my day off. But I wouldn't be able to rest until those teddy bears were gone and taken care of... somehow. Grabbing my bag and shades, I locked up the door with the intention of spying on Andrew for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back