• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

APOCALYPSE 2123:The Void War

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

luna008

"don't you worry yourselves up there! that bastard's mine!!"

Flourence looked down and saw another darkloid...or atleast, he certainly didnt look like a normal human being. Flourence could have thought it was just a mutation gone horribly wrong, but he gave off a darkloid vibe so thats what she was going to decided what he was. But what did this new darkloid mean by the shadowfiend was his fight? Was there mutiny among the darkloid ranks? It was certianly looking that way. Or was it a trap? Well one thing was for certain, she couldn't leave Megano to face two darkloids if it was a trap.

"It's safer if you report this to the others while I try to collect data."

"Yeah, maybe it is, but that dosn't mean im going to leave you behind!" Flourence told Megano. Right then, the shadowfiend made an attempt to skewr Megano, but was stopped by the new darkloid. It looked like the darkloid was trying to crush the shadowfiends skull, but what he said made it sound like he didn't want to hurt the shadow fiend. Well, if he really was helping, why not try to get a questioned answered.

"Um, excuse me Mr. Darkloid, would you care to tell us what the hell is going on?" Flourence always liked skipping stright to the point.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dusk group had just helped finish off balus's men, and any surviors were retreating. She was about to go after them, when she got a report that Leon was fighting Balus, with two humans present there also. Dusk knew the goverment wanted all darkloids dead, and the void's fist wasn't exactly on friendly terms with the darkloids. So it didn't matter whose side the humans were on, Leon was in danger.

"Take the rest of Balus's men or stay here and rest. Do which ever seems fit, I'm going to help our lord." with that she took off, using her gliding ability to cross over the rooftops faster.

Last edited:

Grandsword

Website
grandsword.deviantart.com
"the short version is that the idiot i'm holding tried to have me and my group killed, also just for reference, i have a name, not telling it to you, but i have one" leon said as observed dusk coming towards him and frowned reaching out telepathicaly " stay cloaked and don't attack, the humans aren't an enemy..yet anyways..." leon projected to dusk, knocking balus out with a squeeze

luna008

"Well, if you dont like the name i gave you, you got three options, put up with it, tell me your real name, or tell me what you prefer to be called..." Okay, so getting an attitude with a darkloid might not have been the best ideal, but Flourence was having a bad day and these people weren't helping. What Flourence really wanted to do was get herself and Megano out of there as quickly as possible. But something told her that wasn't going to happen any time soon...Wait, what was this? Another darkloid landed right next to to the darloid with the monster like arms. This one was another shadow fiend, judging how she was only visable on her googles infrared setting, but she also looked quite human, or maybe demon like would be a better term with those wings. Either way, there was a new darkloid, she was invisable, and with all that was going on, who knew what the heck she was up to.

"You know, you probably dont know this, but I can see you Ms. Darkloid." Flourence said, pointing her sword at the her.

Dusk sneered. It was bad enough that she was treating Leon with such disrespect but now her too. She wouldn't mind to rip her to shreds if leon gave the order. The problem was, he said no touching them...for now. Though Dusk could only wonder how much favor she could lose if just for killing one very annoying person?

Grandsword

Website
"Zweihänder, you can call me Zweihänder, i'm not here to harm anyone, well other than the idiot who attempted an attack on you, rightly sorry about that; he's a bit rude.." Leon said dropping balus with a thud and a swift kick to the ribs, electing a pained moan from the unconscious Archlord "i can tell your frustrated, my dear, take it out on balus, he's an acceptable target.." stated Leon to dusk, attempting to defuse the situation before it exploded into an unnecessary battle

luna008

Zwe- what? Did he tell Flourence that to discourge her from ever speaking his name or what? Well, atleast what he said after was a little better. "More then a bit rude.." Flourence mumbled. Well, atleast she didn't have to worry about one darkloid killing her. one.

"My dear Lord," Dusk said smoothly, "What kind of person do you take me for? While beating him to a pulp while hes down is a wonderful ideal, I would much rather he be conciuss. As for the human, oh trust me my Lord, it would be nothing more then a normal girl cat fight." Of course, Dusk had to lick one of her claws like a cat. Flourence felt herself inch closer to Megano, and stopped. She so didn't want to hear "I told you you should ran when you had the chance" from him later.

"So what should we do with our dear friend here my Lord?" Dusk asked turning away from Flourence and back to Leon and Balus, "This would be a perfect chance to get him off our backs and be one less problem in the future." Of course, Dusk already knew the answer, Leon's nature spoke for itself. But it never hurt to ask anyways.

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
"...contact...200 meters and closing." A smooth voice leaked out from a sleek figure that crouched, perched on a gargoyle statue looming over a New York street. Chaos had already erupted in full swing. If nothing was done in the appropriate amount of time, then things would get a hell of a lot worse. The suited figure known Reaver scanned the swarming Darkloid crowd, his HUD flashing assaults of information on potential targets, illustrating weak points, any kind of weaponry, and technological schematics. He blinked once and in a small digital window his mission objectives were revealed to him again.

<<Primary Objectives>>
......Scout preliminary Darkloid units
......Identify any Darkloid officers
......Suppress and eliminate secondary units
<<Secondary Objectives>>
......Gather intel on any visible Darkloid commanders, leaders, etc.
<<Tertiary Objectives>>
......If possible eliminate Darkloid chain of command.

The window blinked out as he acknowledged his objectives once more and adjusted himself. The suit followed every movement of his body, down to a simple bend of the finger. He crouched lower preparing himself to dive toward a back alley that lead to a small flanking unit comprised of at least five Darkloids. None of them seemed to really pose much a threat, chances were they got lost in the frenzy. His muscles tensed and adrenaline raced through his veins. Considering his excitement, his facial expression remained focused. But right when he was ready to make his way down to the alley, a voice rang in his ear. It was the VF Operations Channel and a slightly demanding feminine voice ran off.

"Reaver, new intel shows the presence of incoming government troops. Be sure to avoid them at all costs, we don't want to get caught in the crossfire."

Reaver nodded, "Understood. tetirary objective three acknowledged proceeding with the mission."

"Keep it quick, clean, and contained."

"As always." Reaver severed this connection and dived down into the alley. The wind glossed over his suit and enveloped it in a blanket of speed and precision. As he got closer to a fire escape he rotated and angled himself to bounce off the railing. The rusting device barely made a noise as he glided into an adjacent wall. As he landed, the puddled made a soft splash and moved towards the small flanking unit. The shadows of the alleyway melted shrouded Reaver. With every step he stalked his targets, each unaware of their soon to be killer. His HUD scanned each of the targets and noted key physiological aspects such as muscle definition, defensive appendages, and support structures. After the scan was complete, the weakest of the bunch was targeted, followed by the next and so on. After its completion a threat assessment winked into his vision. [Threat Posed: Minimal] blinked twice before disappearing.

And with that, two black medium-size katanas were plucked out of their sheathes without a sound. He didn't even wait for the final message to blink into his display because he was already 10 meters away from the first target.

<[Engage]>

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
"So let me get this straight, Hunnigan. If I take down the leader of this group, The Void's Fist, you guys will give Evaline back to me?" Keith questioned, the microphone in his helmet sending the message to his commanding officer, Major Hunnigan.

"You are correct, Captain Filmon. Is there some kind of problem with that?" Hunnigan responded, mocking him as she knew Keith had little to no choice in the matter.

"What's the catch, Hunnigan? It can't be that easy."

"Why, there is no catch whatsoever, Captain. And we never did say this mission would be easy. Good luck, Captain." And with that, you could hear static on the other line, meaning that the conversation between Keith and Hunnigan was over.

Currently inside of an APC towards the center of town, Keith was trying to relax as he was heading into battle, alongside a couple of rookies that had seen little to no battle. With his black battle gear on and his khaki colored XM8 LMG laying in his lap, the intimidating, red, LED eyes on his gas mask-like helmet still shining despite his actual eyes being closed. As they were ready to head into battle, you could hear the howls of some of the Darkloids despite how thick the metal of the walls of the personnel carrier were. The simple bars of red light the were on the ceiling provided what little light that the soldiers could use to see one another, unless they were to use the night vision in their helmets, which would waste the battery in the unit's armor. The vehicle shook as the must have run over a Darkloid unit, most likely a peon knowing how they were known for being cannon fodder, but the metal benches that were mounted on the small interior of the APC.

"So, what is the plan, guys? We gonna just run in and charge them all or will there be some sort of strategy involved?" One of the units scoffed.

"We're going to simply assault our way up. They are simply a bunch of Peons, Neophytes, that occasional Shade... maybe even a Knightmare. We're just going to push forward, simple as that." Keith responded, opening his eyes and leaning forward to peer into the windshield to see how much further they had to go.

icmasticc

Reiyne rolled his hazel eyes and let out an annoyed sigh. "Geez, small fries? You'd think they send me into some actual combat....." He said to Keith though it could just have easily been to nobody. The 2nd Lieutenant lowered his head and gazed at his black combat boots. He was the only individual in the APC who didn't bother to wear the normal battle rattle, much less the proper uniform. Of course this was all for a reason though. Reiynerd Ivanne was a man on a mission.

He had gone through extensive physical and mental training that most normal soldiers couldn't even imagine. He had his body poked, prodded, and even injected with different compounds in order to accomplish the goals of the government. Return order to the now chaotic land by any means. At least, those were the goals he had been told to adopt in order to carry out his personal mission. The Captain knew of this project but, Reiyne wasn't sure if anyone else had been privileged enough, or even ranked enough, to be privy to such information. This was evident to an extent as soldiers constantly inquired about why the thirty year old vet refused to wear uniform or battle rattle. The short answer was that they didn't need to know.

As Reiyne's thoughts converged and dispersed, he looked up and towards Captain Keith. "Look sir...about the mission. You sure we're only going for the fodder bastards? I can't help but wonder if there is something you may know that we, or maybe I, don't?" He asked quietly.

Grandsword

Website
Leon looked down and saw an army convoy rushing through the streets below "well, that's a quandary, my dear..you see half of me wants to strangle him.., the other half..wants to hit him a truck." Leon said, kicking balus off the roof, right into the path of an armored army truck turning back to dusk with a contented sigh "well, that's one problem down..now what about the other two? they're obviously void's fist, and the older one's no slouch in a fight judging from how he held balus off...hmm, perhaps a compromise of intrests.." muses leon, the scientist in him attempting to figure out a solution that doesn't include unnessary bloodshed on his part

Last edited:

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
"Geez, small fries? You'd think they send me into some actual combat....." Reiynerd scoffed, apparently thinking he was better than everyone else just because he had some specialized armor and a fancy gun.

In Keith's eyes, Reiyne was one of the last people he would want to work with. To Keith, Reiyne was a second lieutenant whose "holier than thou" attitude could easily compromise an entire operation and he was far from deserving of his rank. It had been rumored that he had been working in the non-human eradication department since he had joined the army and that he had risen in ranks after being noted for his combat efficiency. Fighting a war, however, is more than simply seeing which sides' ranks go down faster, something that Keith knew all too well.

"Look sir...about the mission. You sure we're only going for the fodder bastards? I can't help but wonder if there is something you may know that we, or maybe I, don't?" Reiyne asked Keith quietly, looking directly at him.

"Reiyne, if there was any more that you needed to know about this op, then I would have told you and the others. And you might want to change that holier than thou attitude of yours. It is likely to not only get you in trouble, but also your comrades. Keep it in mind, Lieutenant." Keith replied with a tone of seriousness in his voice, something that he didn't have during his time in Korea.

Just then, the APC quickly performed a ninety-degree turn, causing Keith to slightly stumble forward, but remain in his seat, while all of the rookies fell on top of one another, guns skittering across the steel floor of the vehicle. Grunts and groans filled the tight quarters as the soldiers rose up and took their seats once more, until the hatch of the vehicle dropped to the ground, serving as a ramp for everyone to exit the APC. Keith's armor clanked and clanged as it he shifted from sitting to standing, holding his XM8 at the ready with iron sights up to the red LED eyes on his helmet, walking slowly forward onto the downtown battlefield.

icmasticc

"Tch."

Reiyne chuckled a bit. Hearsay and gossip had always dictated that Captain Keith was pretty a serious guy but, this being the first mission he had gone with him on, Reiyne was just now seeing the attitude stiffness first-hand. Then again, stiffness was probably the wrong word. A more accurate description would have been battle-hardened or experienced. Either way, Reiyne didn't let the Captain's words sting him. He was used to that sort of reply. It was no secret that the Lieutenant never liked non-humans and as such, he had his own philosophies regarding the weaker rungs of the inhuman ladder.

And you might want to change that holier than thou attitude of yours, was what the Captain had said to him as well. Reiyne rubbed the back of his head a bit.

"Don't mind it too much sir, I'm just itchin' to get out there and purge this world of a few more unnatural anomalies..." He thought.

At that moment, the APC slid to an abrupt stop at a ninety-degree angle. The already tightly packed soldiers collapsed on each other and some onto Reiyne. The man didn't mind it much though because if you've worked for the government long enough, you were used to that sort of thing. As expected, it didn't take long for the soldiers to collect themselves and the hatch seemed to open as soon as everyone was up and ready again. The Captain filed out first, sort of unusual for such a high rank, followed by lower ranked bodies. Everyone assumed a battle ready position, weapons up, posture perfect, and scanning respective firing lanes. As far as protocol went, it was a thing of beauty against the newly revealed backdrop of a sullen battlefield.

New York City, in older times, used to be known for its vibrancy and sheer liveliness. You wouldn't be able to tell on this battlefield. As far as war went, the view outside the APC was standard fare. The sky was bleak, the ground was devoid of rich color and grass, and the air seemed stuffy. Then again, this was the site of a semi-recent explosion and the atmosphere was to be expected. Reiyne was probably the last person out of the armored truck and was already prepared for whatever may come. His entire body was now coated in an advanced looking armor that shone with a chrome sheen despite the conditions outside. He purposely left the helmet off as he surveyed the area at the backs of the forward moving unit. "Never thought I'd see New York like this..." He muttered.

With one deep breath, Reiyne began to move forward in the same direction as his comrades. He knew his status allowed him to stray from the team if he saw fit but, without a clear insight into who or what his enemy was, he figured it would be better to stick with the group until he could determine the best course of action. He quickly caught up to his unit with steps that slightly rang of metal. The rather large rifle on his back managed to stay perfectly still and move in complete unison with his body thanks to the attachments on the suit.

Reiyne took one last look back at the APC and noticed something near the front tires. He was a bit far away at this point but, there was no mistaking it. A body lay near the front of the vehicle. Reiyne made a mental note and turned back, continuing to follow his comrades. "The hell...is that why we stopped so suddenly? I wonder if that means anything...." He thought. He wasn't close enough to tell if it was a human or non-human body and there was no way of knowing if it hadn't been there for a long period of time. The only thing he could do was stay alert and be ready for anything at all.

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Renn was quickly notified that a group of soldiers had travelled downtown from the troop captain, and decided to keep himself busy by tailing them. he had heard the conversation between the characters named Keith and Reiyne, He figured this was bound to be interesting by following them, besides, his contract said to support all the military troops. He had his Laser 45 pistol as well as his LZ 47 and four magazines on his back as well as 3 LDGs and his steel-black metal blend blade. He jumped from the building he was observing them from and snapped his fingers, an anti gravity field appeared below his feet as he landed and with another snap he landed on solid ground again.

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
"...contact...200 meters and closing." A smooth voice leaked out from a sleek figure that crouched, perched on a gargoyle statue looming over a New York street. Chaos had already erupted in full swing. If nothing was done in the appropriate amount of time, then things would get a hell of a lot worse. The suited figure known Reaver scanned the swarming Darkloid crowd, his HUD flashing assaults of information on potential targets, illustrating weak points, any kind of weaponry, and technological schematics. He blinked once and in a small digital window his mission objectives were revealed to him again.

<<Primary Objectives>>
......Scout preliminary Darkloid units
......Identify any Darkloid officers
......Suppress and eliminate secondary units
<<Secondary Objectives>>
......Gather intel on any visible Darkloid commanders, leaders, etc.
<<Tertiary Objectives>>
......If possible eliminate Darkloid chain of command.

The window blinked out as he acknowledged his objectives once more and adjusted himself. The suit followed every movement of his body, down to a simple bend of the finger. He crouched lower preparing himself to dive toward a back alley that lead to a small flanking unit comprised of at least five Darkloids. None of them seemed to really pose much a threat, chances were they got lost in the frenzy. His muscles tensed and adrenaline raced through his veins. Considering his excitement, his facial expression remained focused. But right when he was ready to make his way down to the alley, a voice rang in his ear. It was the VF Operations Channel and a slightly demanding feminine voice ran off.

"Reaver, new intel shows the presence of incoming government troops. Be sure to avoid them at all costs, we don't want to get caught in the crossfire."

Reaver nodded, "Understood. tetirary objective three acknowledged proceeding with the mission."

"Keep it quick, clean, and contained."

"As always." Reaver severed this connection and dived down into the alley. The wind glossed over his suit and enveloped it in a blanket of speed and precision. As he got closer to a fire escape he rotated and angled himself to bounce off the railing. The rusting device barely made a noise as he glided into an adjacent wall. As he landed, the puddled made a soft splash and moved towards the small flanking unit. The shadows of the alleyway melted shrouded Reaver. With every step he stalked his targets, each unaware of their soon to be killer. His HUD scanned each of the targets and noted key physiological aspects such as muscle definition, defensive appendages, and support structures. After the scan was complete, the weakest of the bunch was targeted, followed by the next and so on. After its completion a threat assessment winked into his vision. [Threat Posed: Minimal] blinked twice before disappearing.

And with that, two black medium-size katanas were plucked out of their sheathes without a sound. He didn't even wait for the final message to blink into his display because he was already 10 meters away from the first target.

<[Engage]>
The first one was always the easiest. In front of Reaver roamed a Darkloid, one of many scourged by the void stones, harbinging a plague that swam through its body like schools of sickly fish. It wore a long trench coat, which was blotched in milky black spots, most likely from a deluge of newly spilled blood or some type of organic liquid the Darkloid's body secreted on its own. Nevertheless, the creature presented the threat of a newborn kitten to Reaver...and so he took advantage.

He raced forward without a sound, grabbing the creature and with his left arm locking its neck in the crook of the arm. Next, he leaned into the creature, impaling it through the center of its back and out of its chest. The blade in his left hand spun and in one twisting motion, he slit the Darkloid's throat. The entire set of motions melded together as one smooth, graceful action and blood splurted from the Darkloid's newly sliced throat. It splashed on its two companions, hardly able to blurt out screams of agony through blood that streamed out of its mouth like poured water. The creature lurched and fell forward, lifeless. Reaver spun to left and dashed toward his second target.

It always took a while for the second to register what had just happened. The bulbous Darkloid that stood before Reaver crouched low, bubbling worts burst with every muscle that twitched and giggled on its pale leathery body. Chances were the Darkloid was going to pounce and judging from the saliva that streamed from its mouth, it probably produced some type of acidic spit. It was a shame that the entire motion took ten seconds. A whispering swiffph! kissed the air and the creature's head split in two as a leaping Reaver passed by his second kill. The blades that were held in Reaver's hands had been switched to a reverse grip, fully prepared to eviscerate their final target.

The third always never put up some kind of fight. It was hard to properly distinguish the bodily features of the third Darkloid, but whatever it had been turned into slouched over. The creature lashed out with a thorned grayish tendril at Reaver's head...as expected. He rotated his body and arched his back, corkscrewing under the attack. Reaver's arms shot out, severing the Darkloid's right arm and alleviating it of it's right leg as well. Reaver rebounded again, launching himself at the Darkloid's flank. The blades flipped back to a normal grip and cleaved the creature's head clean off, not even allowing it the pleasure of shrieking in pain. Reaver landed, rolling forward and sheathed his weapons, darting his way through the alley. In thirty seconds, Reaver made short work of monstrosities that had just finished slaughtering dozens of innocents and law enforcement.

luna008

Dusk looked down where Balus had fallen onto the armed truck that was carrying the army's soliders, or had been since they all had to get out and walk after Balus's body caused them to stop. Maybe Balus was good for something after all. "My Lord, it seems like you got neither of those thing, since it appears all Balus is now is a road block. You should have ripped him to shreds. It would have been more fun and satisfying. Not to mention quiete a bit more efficant. As for the void's fist duo, they appear to have fled."

At that moment Flourence was pulling Megano down the fire escape. She figured she had pushed her luck enough today with those two and she didn't want to take any more chances, so she grabbed Megano the second they turned away from them. If Megano didn't like it, well that was just to bad, cause she wasn't going to leave him with the darkloids. Of course, by the time they got down the fire escape, Flourence was starting to wonder if that was really a good ideal. There army soliders and darkloids every where. Maybe it was time to split.

"Listen Mr.Megano, I'm going to go this way, and you go that way," Flourence said, pointing in two opposite directions, "We can meet up at HQ." With that Flourence took off in her direction before Megano could even reply. The reason Flourence wanted to split was that A) Megano could take care of himself, both fighting and healing wise. Flourence would have only slowed him down in a fight. And B) not only could Flourence run away from a fight like her life depended on it (and it probably would) if she was caught by some army people, there was a chance that she could pull off the whole "I'm a regular human being" routine long enough to trick them and get away. And if not, well Flourence didn't want to think to much about that.

"Well Leon, since they're gone, what should we do? Should we fight agaisnt the regular humans, since they appear to be attacking our soldiers, or try to call a retreat?

Grandsword

Website
leon looked over the edge of the rooftop with a frown "there's too many to call a retreat..so, we'll fight; i'll keep a mental link open, but if i have to..well if things go south, i want you grab as many of our our troops as possible and flee" said leon jumping down from the roof and cutting down a couple of soldiers who were about to gun down the last three members of a squadron of peons " started the party without me,huh?" leon asked chuckling "well, here i am, so link up to me, we've got a rescue operation to do" leon told the peons,the squad surrounding him as he calmly began walking into the thick of battle sparing only a glance to the chaos around him "and thus when the powerful walk amoung the heavens and the meek are chained to the burning earth, shall the morning star will arise once more..." he intoned as he walked, the setting afternoon sun casting his shadow on the walls

luna008

Dusk watched as her fearless leader marched off with the peons. She began to wonder if they would ever actually fight together, though Dusk got the feeling if they did it would be more like he was protecting her then the two working together. As for the emergancy retreat, Dusk would get as many darkloids out as she could, but she wasn't about to leave leon to his fate. But that was just a what if. For now it was time to focus on helping the other darkloids fight. She spotted a small group of neophyte's fighting agasint a group of soliders. "Good of a place as any to start" Dusk said to herself as she jumped down to help them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If Flourence's life wasn't in danger at ever twist and turn, she got the feeling she would enjoy running around the city like this. Her free running ability was being used at the max. Of course, that was because ther was so much stuff to use to her advantage. She had just been jumping over a rather big pile of rubble when she landed in front of a group of soliders, all of them dressed alike but one. As much as she wanted to stay and stare at the surprised men (who she was surprised didn't shoot her down the second she appeared out of thin air) Flourence knew a confrentation might not end well. So she did what she did best. She ran like hell down the quickest ally way, hoping that the soliders were to busy with the darkloids to come chasing after her

Last edited:

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
"Soldiers, take out all of the lesser Darkloids. The Lieutenant and I will take out these two that seem to be commanders. Stay in groups and flank them, men." Keith ordered his troops, his left index finger pointing forward towards the Darkloid Army.

"Yes, sir!" The troops responded, moving forward in groups of three, some going left, others going right, and some pushing forward, firing into the horde of Darkloids.

Meanwhile, Keith aimed his light machine gun towards the man, who had jumped right into the middle of the battlefield from the top of a rooftop, a girl being spotted up there as well. His sights were currently trained on the male commander, a longsword in his hands while his chiseled body was covered in a black coat, flowing in the slight breeze as he delivered an inspirational speech to his troops. The man was determined to fight for their freedom, but Keith had a daughter to think of, and this man was currently in the way.

"You there! Tell your soldiers to stand down and my troops will not be forced to fire. You are hereby under arrest. If you intend to resist, then I will be forced to fire." Keith barked out, the iron sights of his gun aimed at the leader's forehead whilst moving towards him.

"But then again, it's not like you Darkloids to give up without a fight, so we might as well just get on with it. Just you and me, kid. Don't hold back either, unless you want to be arrested." Keith proposed, lowering his gun and walking rather leisurely forward.

Grandsword

Website
"hmm, an offer of a peaceful outcome? i was unaware that you humans considered my kind worthy of such a thing; quite frankly your government has made it a mission to slaughter us like animals; although i'm not surprised really, after all it is a trademark of human nature to cover up your mistakes.." Leon stated, his tone elegant and calm as he dismissed the peons around him, bidding them to cover dusk's escape as he executed his newly thought up plan to stall for time

"tell me, do you know of how this all began? it was nearly a decade ago, and humanity was at it's peak, technological advancements were occurring almost every day; it was a golden age, but with a darker side, you see decades of non-renewable petroleum usage had nearly depleted earth's reserves..the government was in a panic, and began drilling deep underneath the ocean; it was there they found the materials known as voidstone and black metal, but they didn't know what voidstone was capable of, and thus sent the first samples of it to a research facility in the mojave called the "Big MT"; there a team of scientists studied the voidstone for a period of six months, before a breach in containment measures occurred while the head scientist of the project was in the voidstone chamber. this breach caused the voidstone to destabilize and explode, filling the scientist with it's mutagenic shards and turning him into the first darkloid.., and since then, for over a decade i have lived this sham of an underground life! discarded by the nation i served as an mistake that their greed had spawned!" Leon said, his blade turned to his chest as a gleam came over his eyes "thus i fight so that no more of my legacy would be twisted to your government's twisted ends!" declared Leon as he plunged his blade into his chest, black blood spurting out of his back as the sword exited through it
"Light bearer of the darkness below, shine again and spread thy wings...arise! Lucifer!" roared Leon as a cascade of purple lights shined from under his skin, his sword melting and beginning to coat his body as it compacted, sliming down as the molten burnt silver metal formed armored plates that covered him, starting from his feet and inching upwards, weaving with strands of reddened sinew exposed from the flesh that was burned from the molten material as it reached Leon's neck, quickly forming a demonic appearing helmet, three spires jutting outward from the back of his head, curved upwards at their end, a dull blackness within the helm's eyes as a layer of voidstone grew over the hole in Leon's chest, sealing it as Leon's clawed fingers twitched and he let out a guttural cry, two demonic magenta tinted wings bursting from his back as a burning white glow burst in the empty eyes of his helm " so human, is this what your people see in mine?! a monster in humanoid form?! then come, and see what we "monsters" are capable of!" echoed leon's voice as he flapped his wings and took to the sky

icmasticc

It is said that when human adrenaline begins to pump excessively, a chemical reaction occurs within the body. In response to overwhelming stress or particular situations, the human body is capable of enhancing itself beyond its limits in order to save itself or fight off a threat. Commonly, this is known as the fight or flight response. In either instance, the pupils dilate, the individual begins to take in more information, and reaction times increase by a little. It can almost be described as a biological limiter that is removed in tight situations. It is a phenomenon that is shared by all humans from birth but, trained humans can make better use of it. Trained and intelligent humans on the other hand, learn to suppress and control that flow of adrenaline so no stupid decisions are made. Reiyne was a trained soldier but he was also a man who had plenty of experience with adrenaline fueled situations.

He watched as the Captain gave orders and his men reacted instantly. None of them seemed to even think about it, a sign of good training. The lesser Darkloids were being engaged expertly which left the male and female superiors of the creatures free for Keith and Reiyne. Keith had already decided to take on what looked to be the big bad leader. At least, after his transformation it certainly seemed that no other Darkloid had to be higher than him. Since that was the case, Reiyne turned his attention to the female superior. He wasn't exactly sure how their hierarchy worked but, he had been exposed to different types of Darkloids during his training so there was no mistaking it. "She's got to be a shadowfiend...." Reiyne muttered. A small grin crept on his face and he could feel his excitement begin to well up.

Reiyne hated non-humans more than anything. He found them to be disgusting creatures who felt that they could do whatever they wanted simply because they held a bit more power than humans did. There are animals in the animal kingdom that are superior to humans in instinct and strength but they didn't try and attack every chance they got. With this philosophy, Reiyne had always felt justified in slaughtering the Darkloid beasts. Admittedly though, this was his first time against a shadowfiend. In fact, it was his first time seeing one in person. It wasn't like they were just running around all over the place. On one hand, Reiyne was almost in awe at how monstrous it looked. On the other hand, he was a bit too ready to murder it. Chuckling a bit, Reiyne began to take small steps toward the girl known as Dusk, though he didn't know its name or if it even had a name.

"You know, I was half-expecting you guys to be hiding out somewhere. That's usually what leaders do, while the soldiers and peons go out and handle the fights. To come out here and meet us like this.....don't you think that's too much of a treat, you inhuman bastard?" Reiyne said confidently to Dusk. At the same time, the chrome armor on his body covered his entire head and face, giving him the helmet he didn't have before. The armor was now complete and a few streaks of lightning flashed across the suit and Reiyne's limbs for a second or two. It seemed that the NLT was about to get its first field test.

luna008

'My God, he is so hot," Dusk thought as she saw Leon transform, or atleast that was what the darkloid part of her brain was thinking. The human part was just in awe, with this being the first time she seen him transform and all. She has always wanted to see his eXceed form, but he wouldn't show her and Dusk was picking up mixed signals as to why so she dropped it. Though now it seemed to Dusk that Leon's eXceed form probably would attract to much attention to be used casually.

"You know, I was half-expecting you guys to be hiding out somewhere. That's usually what leaders do, while the soldiers and peons go out and handle the fights. To come out here and meet us like this.....don't you think that's too much of a treat, you inhuman bastard?"

Dusk had let the human get as close to her as possible because she knew she could take him, even if he could put up a fight. She was espically happy cause she doubted Leon's "Don't kill the humans" policy applied to this guy. The guy's attitude peeved Dusk off and if there was one thing Dusk couldn't stand was someone with an attitude problem, even though what he said made her laugh. "Hiding's no fun, we dont like our underlings so much as to give them all the joy of crushing you weaklings. Besides, coming out here means we can show off our good looks you human bastard." Dusk smirked, then she went into stealth mode.

Her stealth mode might not be an advantage in this fight though, depending on how advanced his suit was. But there was a chance that he might not have the ability to see her in stealth mode, or it may take time for the funtion to kick in. Either way, the second Dusk entered stealth mode, she lunged at the man with her claws extend. She knew the second her claws touched his armor her main weapon was useless. Well, there was always plan B. Dusk drew her arm back and hit him with all her might. She wasn't knightmare strong, but being a darkloid had its own physical perks, like being able to knock men onto their asses a few feet back from where they were standing. Dusk doubted she could defeat him using this stratagy, but not only would it buy time for Leon to beat the other human and come help, it was also pretty satisfying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back