• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone worried that there won't be any Disney Boss battles?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImVentus

Awards
Pete's a brute, Clayton's a hunter skilled with a gun, Gothel's an old woman with no fighting capabilities. Hans at least he can hold his weight with a sword. Gothel doesn't have swordsmanship, or magic, and Repunzel's hair only heals not give fighting atributes. Best thing to come out of Gothel is a Heartless boss summon and nothing more. Asking for a Gothel boss is almost as equivilent as asking for a Lady Tramiaine boss

Wow wait a sec? Gothel was seen using a dagger when both looking for Rapunzel & when she stabbed Eugene. She might seem harmless but that witch had lived for generations according to the creators of Tangled. I'm sure she's capable of combat after some experience in her life. Hans is just any prince from a kingdom that wields a sword cause he was raised into royalty. Gothel has a lot outside of the combat perspective to deliver such as manipulation towards the heartless.

disney233

Awards
Actually, Gothel is referred to as an old witch in Tangled. Maybe she does have some magical powers. She also has a dagger which she could use for fighting (I admit, doesn't sound very exciting, but it's something).

I do want a Gothel battle. I love her! They could also just give her some darkness mumbo jumbo and stuff. She can just be a mid boss as well.

Being called an old witch doesn't really justify that she is one. If she had magic she could've used it.

disney233

Awards
Wow wait a sec? Gothel was seen using a dagger when both looking for Rapunzel & when she stabbed Eugene. She might seem harmless but that witch had lived for generations according to the creators of Tangled. I'm sure she's capable of combat after some experience in her life. Hans is just any prince from a kingdom that wields a sword cause he was raised into royalty. Gothel has a lot outside of the combat perspective to deliver such as manipulation towards the heartless.

I mean I guess...idk it's hard for me to see her as a boss..idk.

Awards

I just love a good debate, you also have a great point in here.

I would love to see a badass female boss fight tbh

Muke

whatever
Awards
I mean I guess...idk it's hard for me to see her as a boss..idk.

Well for me it was hard imagining Ursula as a boss, but she shoots lasers and water bubbles in DDD. They can do anything and they will if they really want to

disney233

Awards
Well for me it was hard imagining Ursula as a boss, but she shoots lasers and water bubbles in DDD. They can do anything and they will if they really want to

I mean isn't Ursula like a mage tho? Strange she can do all that without the trident, but she's a mage too so...idk, it's easy for me to picture Ursula because she has magic on her side, more magic than Gothel I know of.

ImVentus

Awards
Come to think of it, Gothel is in the same veins as Frollo. Being the abuser towards the victim Quas/Rap and since they missed the opportunity with Frollo they can make up for it with Gothel. But they can't use another chameleon heartless boss (sorry already done in KH1). Pascal wouldn't be too happy about it either XD

I sorta feel though that "Say Gothel wasn't involved in the plot, then what would be the threat towards Rapunzel? Why would Rapunzel feel the need to leave a tower that wasn't her parenting comfort zone and just a lonely tower? Actually to answer my own question she would leave anyways on that. It was Gothel that brainwashed her to believe the outside world was cruel and scary but it also awoke her curiosity. However the biggest question I have is
Who would affect Rapunzel's self esteem and guilt? I can't see that work without Gothel.

Awards
Come to think of it, Gothel is in the same veins as Frollo. Being the abuser towards the victim Quas/Rap and since they missed the opportunity with Frollo they can make up for it with Gothel. But they can't use another chameleon heartless boss (sorry already done in KH1). Pascal wouldn't be too happy about it either.

I sorta feel though that "Say Gothel wasn't involved in the plot, then what would be the threat towards Rapunzel? Why would Rapunzel feel the need to leave a tower that wasn't her parenting comfort zone and just a lonely tower. It was Gothel that brainwashed her to believe the outside world was cruel and scary. Who would affect Rapunzel's self esteem and guilt? I can't see that work without Gothel.

Yeah, me neither, even if they bring someone from the Organization it wouldn't make any sense, Gothel needs to be in the game and i'm really excited to see how they will present her, I'm also hopeful that the world of Tangled will be way better than the movie was lol

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Yeah, me neither, even if they bring someone from the Organization it wouldn't make any sense, Gothel needs to be in the game and I'm really excited to see how they will present her, I'm also hopeful that the world of Tangled will be way better than the movie was lol
Gothel could use Rapunzel's hair since according to the fairy tale, the evil witch that locked Rapunzel away in the tower cut off her hair and lured the prince into the tower.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe Maleficent will embue Gothel will darkness in exchange for information on the box or something. If they’re creative enough, they’ll figure out a solid battle concept for her. I think they should tie in how her health is connected to Rapunzel’s hair.

My concern is how outnumbered she and other Disney bosses would be with five party members against them. It makes me think a battle inside the tower will be too crowded. Maybe it could be just be Sora and Rapunzel against Gothel.

robotman

Yeah, I really don't see why so many of you have trouble with seeing Gothel as a boss fight, I think that it'd be really easy to incorporate. They'd just give her some heartless powers through the darkness in her heart or some other rubbish (she is a witch after all) and she also carries a dagger. Who knows, it could even be a tag team fight with her and Marluxia vs Sora and Rapunzel, etc...

The only fight I have trouble seeing a Disney boss for like I said is Frozen. Not sure what they'd do there but that doesn't really matter. As long as we get a few Disney boss fights I'm cool.

All I need is Zurg, Randal, Gothel and Turbo (if Wreck-It Ralph is in the game) as boss fights and I'm completely golden lol.

D

Deleted member 246005

TVtropes talked about Hans getting fire powers from the darkness in his hearts so you could always do that.

Neo_

Awards
I would not fear this, as I would be totally shocked if Disney bosses were left out; each world is supposed to feel like its own game.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I am on team Gothel fits the mage mold. Its not much to go on, but when you "fight" her in the Disney Magic Kingdom mobile game they make her teleport into like green darkness when Eugene and Rapunzel deflect her dagger strikes lol. But yea, its easy for me to see her as a dark mage, but I also agree her and Hans are less obvious Disney bosses, so their omission isn't the worst thing in the world....would like mini-bosses of some Disney thing lol.

Maybe the thieves who Eugene was with and he betrays and stuff? And I already said Marshmallow is a prime mini-boss material at least.

An Organization member could be the boss in Frozen, like Saix. I have also been worried about the lack of Disney bosses in the game, mainly the lack of FINAL Disney bosses.

The Heartless boss for Toy Story is as big in scale as the 0.2 final boss. That was the final boss for Aqua who is lvl 50. This is for Toy Story which is one of the first worlds... And you guys don't think it's the final boss for that world???

I guess I don't, unless Andy and his toys are in the ship, defeating it doesn't really end the story? So I don't see how a random spaceship would be the final boss at this moment?

They do have if the villain in question is offed in the original movie and the world plot is set after it, except of course one includes more revival shenanigans like Ursula in KH 2.
But that's why I put an "if" before the whole paragraph.
I'm well aware that is certainly possible to craft an interesting original plot that involves everything you point out, but I am not confident enough in SE's writing capabilities to pull it actually off in a satisfying manner.
Being ok with having a trade-off in this regard isn't "excusing" Square for anything but just being personally content to live with this reality.

It may have to do not only with Nomura himself or FF VII fans as the other members of the team that worked on FF VII and the entire compilation around it also pointed out in supplementary material that not only is Sephiroth truly insanely strong in physical strength, magic and will, in terms of the FF VII-universe itself there's also no one that's stronger than him.
The main reason Sephiroth "loses", especially to Cloud, is his own arrogance and tendency to wanting to "play" with his prey, considering it beneath him to use his full power against what he deems inferior foes.
Since his will is so strong though, Sephiroth's spirit can even endure past death and thus a single defeat doesn't really faze him.

As far as I know, it has been explicitly stated that Sephiroth so far never ever in any capacity he appeared, be it the original FF VII-universe, KH or Dissidia, showed the actual full extent of his powers. He's always just goofing/aloofing around.

As for specifically KH, I wonder what you expected instead then? Especially in KH 2 Sora is already portrayed as ridiculously overpowered in cutscenes as well as with some gameplay features, so Sephiroth being actually in serious pain or on his knees would only put more fuel towards painting Sora as a sort of all-powerful Gary Stu, is that not just protagonist-biased fanservice as well just directed at a different type of character?
If anything Sephiroth shrugging him off and not even being exhausted at all serves as a good counterpoint to that over-the-top shounen portrayal of Sora.
Not to mention he does compliment Sora on being very skilled, and someone as aloof and detached as Sephiroth delivering praise also doesn't happen very often.

Hm well that is a tidbit I didn't know haha. It is kind of silly he is so arrogant that he dies because he is playing with his prey hahaha.

As for KH, you are totally right, I sort of was thinking of that when I was saying my argument actually ha. So, since the discussion was about Square showing a preference to their own bosses over Disney bosses, the fact they did break the mold of Sora being OP with him sort of showed that to me lol.
I do agree I don't actually like the "shounen" portrayal of Sora either. So yeah breaking the monotony even more would be nice in general imo. Though that was more prevalent in KH2, even just the way they portray it specifically in that game?

You are right he does compliment him, and I guess that does say something from someone like him ha.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
How would Randall work as a Monsters Inc boss?

The battle could be kind of gimmicky using the scare doors. You have go through several rooms, find Randall hiding in camouflage, beat him up a bit, and then he retreats to the next room. Basically a game of hide and seek. Lol It could be more of a sub-boss prior to Waternoose.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
How would Randall work as a Monsters Inc boss?
Well, it depends on the which part of the factory that he is in. If he is in the part of the factory where the doors go for storage, it could actually work in his favor, especially if Boo gets the doors to light up with her laughter. Randall can also camouflage himself into his backgrounds but that would prove to be pointless since there's already a chameleon boss in KH1 that worked with Clayton.

Basically at this point, they may as well abandon the Disney films all together and focus on their own characters. Sure, it may kill the crossover aspect of Kingdom Hearts since all of the Kingdom Hearts fan base are Disney fans, but let's be honest. Fans are used to seeing some Disney characters and worlds like Agrabah, Hercules, Hades, Maleficent, Pete, Donald Duck, Goofy, Mickey Mouse, etc. Disney characters don't exactly match up to the plots that SE sets in since the franchise isn't about them but about Sora and Xehanort.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Well, it depends on the which part of the factory that he is in. If he is in the part of the factory where the doors go for storage, it could actually work in his favor, especially if Boo gets the doors to light up with her laughter. Randall can also camouflage himself into his backgrounds but that would prove to be pointless since there's already a chameleon boss in KH1 that worked with Clayton.

Basically at this point, they may as well abandon the Disney films all together and focus on their own characters. Sure, it may kill the crossover aspect of Kingdom Hearts since all of the Kingdom Hearts fan base are Disney fans, but let's be honest. Fans are used to seeing some Disney characters and worlds like Agrabah, Hercules, Hades, Maleficent, Pete, Donald Duck, Goofy, Mickey Mouse, etc. Disney characters don't exactly match up to the plots that SE sets in since the franchise isn't about them but about Sora and Xehanort.

I mean, this is the last game about Xehanort lol, so that isn't gonna last long.

But yea no, Imma have to vote no on "killing the crossover aspect" its kind of a bad idea.... I think you are underestimating how most casual fans care way more about the Disney aspect than the original content, we on this site are arguable the minority who care a lot about the original characters ha. Though even I don't care about them OVER the Disney, for instance. And I assume I also am not the only one ha.

Unless I am misunderstanding lol, by killing it do you mean just do what they have been? Which is have Disney bosses in legit every game still, but focus more on the original content for main story? Cuz I mean, yea that seems like a more reasonable possibility lol. Yet with Disney writers helping this time, I can see it going any way.

Foxycian

Awards
Randall might just be a mini boss (like the Hyenas in the pride lands and the 3 kids from the nightmare before christmas) but i can see him as normal boss we saw him fight in the movie he was fast.

Cakeberry

Honestly, I don't want them to put in Disney bosses just because 'hey, you get to fight Disney characters!'. This is supposed to be the end of the Xehanort saga, so if 99% of boss battles aren't Disney characters, I'll honestly be fine with that since there are still plenty of loose ends they need to tie up in the original story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back