• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

    CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone worried that there won't be any Disney Boss battles?



REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
556
Awards
2
Location
Brazil
Honestly, I don't want them to put in Disney bosses just because 'hey, you get to fight Disney characters!'. This is supposed to be the end of the Xehanort saga, so if 99% of boss battles aren't Disney characters, I'll honestly be fine with that since there are still plenty of loose ends they need to tie up in the original story.

I mean, I kind of agree with you but there's tons of ways to put disney bosses, Nomura already said there's middle bosses so... lol
 

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
5,448
Awards
2
Age
30
Location
Albuquerque, NM
Website
gmail.com
Randall might just be a mini boss (like the Hyenas in the pride lands and the 3 kids from the nightmare before christmas) but i can see him as normal boss we saw him fight in the movie he was fast.
There are some aspects from the Monsters Inc movie that could come back and be used as an advantage to both the villains and the heroes. The doors that can be turned on by human children's laughter or screams; the doors also lead to different places in the human world. Though, the door aspect present in both Monsters Inc and Monsters University would probably be disregarded along with the Scream Extractor.
 
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
556
Awards
2
Location
Brazil
There are some aspects from the Monsters Inc movie that could come back and be used as an advantage to both the villains and the heroes. The doors that can be turned on by human children's laughter or screams; the doors also lead to different places in the human world. Though, the door aspect present in both Monsters Inc and Monsters University would probably be disregarded along with the Scream Extractor.

Good point! I agree with you
 

Ranma

Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
762
Awards
4
Location
Here
Website
profile.myspace.com
Sure, it may kill the crossover aspect of Kingdom Hearts since all of the Kingdom Hearts fan base are Disney fans, but let's be honest.


I know you were just speaking generally, but...

TBH, I actually don't like Disney. I do like most Pixar films... but I've been a Kingdom Hearts fan 15 years before they announced they would include a film I liked. And no, I wasn't a Final Fantasy fan first either.

But the fact that it is a crossover - not only between two VERY different things - but a crossover between Japan and the US is 100% what the series means to me. This is also why Utada is perfect for this series, but I digress.
 

Pokie

New member
Joined
May 22, 2017
Messages
437
If Frozen WAS in the game I would bet you anything Hans isn't going to appear and it will be based on Elsa. You can just picture it perfectly how Elsa's fear and feelings of isolation would translate into darkness that would permeate her snow powers. So we'd be fighting heartless snow monsters in order to free Elsa from the darkness of her heart. Where instead of just dispel the eternal winter we have to fight like a living embodiment of Elsa's darkness mixed with the snow storm, and destroying that would remove the eternal winter saving the land.

Shame because Hans would be perfect in a Kingdom Hearts universe, him having a 'frozen heart ' and everything. While he actually didn't have a frozen heart and it was metaphor, it's still fitting for KH. Also battling him with Anna in your party, and giving her some revenge towards Hans, would've felt so good.
 

TheWorldsConnect

New member
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
15
Yes Hans would be a perfect boss. Just have his fear of being usurped by his brothers in every aspect of his life show in seven shadowy heartless figures he commands during the fight, something like the Iris's greatest fear boss fight in Witcher 3 Heart of Stone DLC.
 

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
5,448
Awards
2
Age
30
Location
Albuquerque, NM
Website
gmail.com
Good point! I agree with you
I mean, Kingdom Hearts could apt the antsy by having some sort of thing where you have to fight off Heartless and Unverse just to get to Boo and stop the scream extractor, though I think that may be a little too dark for a kid's game. Disney and Pixar have had dark moments in their movies before and KH2 did have Pirates of the Caribbean, a movie franchise usually targeted towards teens and adults.
 

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
10,533
Awards
37
Location
Germany
Basically at this point, they may as well abandon the Disney films all together and focus on their own characters. Sure, it may kill the crossover aspect of Kingdom Hearts since all of the Kingdom Hearts fan base are Disney fans, but let's be honest. Fans are used to seeing some Disney characters and worlds like Agrabah, Hercules, Hades, Maleficent, Pete, Donald Duck, Goofy, Mickey Mouse, etc. Disney characters don't exactly match up to the plots that SE sets in since the franchise isn't about them but about Sora and Xehanort.

Completely abandoning them won't work, not only with regards to the casual fanbase.
There's also the thing that Disney elements count for like 90% of the overall setting of the KH Universe with the remaining 10% being the original worlds. Removing them would strip KH essentially bare setting wise and result in a sort of "Poor Man's" Final Fantasy mixed with Anime/Manga tropes.
The main problem with the Disney worlds is not that they exist in the KH Universe, but that they're in 9 of 10 cases underutilized and in essence "a waste of time" when strictly spoken from an in-game viewpoint because more often than not they break the pacing of the main narrative to do their own thing instead of being integrated with it.

Note though that "integrated" does not have to always mean original story. Some of the movie plots are thematically close enough to KH's own themes that they could be integrated well with a few tweaks here and there.
For example Beast's Castle still had the groundwork of the original movie intact, with the enchanted Rose even being a plot relevant macGuffin while still being remarkably integrated with the main narrative to a point. Space Paranoids was also rather noteworthy in this.
No, removing them isn't the solution, but integrating them with the main narrative while keeping their innate charm is.
Integration should of course also be more than like it was in DDD with just one scene at the end with an antagonist showing up babbling some mysterious confusing stuff.



Yes Hans would be a perfect boss. Just have his fear of being usurped by his brothers in every aspect of his life show in seven shadowy heartless figures he commands during the fight, something like the Iris's greatest fear boss fight in Witcher 3 Heart of Stone DLC.

Now that's some neat idea here.
 
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
556
Awards
2
Location
Brazil
Completely abandoning them won't work, not only with regards to the casual fanbase.
There's also the thing that Disney elements count for like 90% of the overall setting of the KH Universe with the remaining 10% being the original worlds. Removing them would strip KH essentially bare setting wise and result in a sort of "Poor Man's" Final Fantasy mixed with Anime/Manga tropes.
The main problem with the Disney worlds is not that they exist in the KH Universe, but that they're in 9 of 10 cases underutilized and in essence "a waste of time" when strictly spoken from an in-game viewpoint because more often than not they break the pacing of the main narrative to do their own thing instead of being integrated with it.

Note though that "integrated" does not have to always mean original story. Some of the movie plots are thematically close enough to KH's own themes that they could be integrated well with a few tweaks here and there.
For example Beast's Castle still had the groundwork of the original movie intact, with the enchanted Rose even being a plot relevant macGuffin while still being remarkably integrated with the main narrative to a point. Space Paranoids was also rather noteworthy in this.
No, removing them isn't the solution, but integrating them with the main narrative while keeping their innate charm is.
Integration should of course also be more than like it was in DDD with just one scene at the end with an antagonist showing up babbling some mysterious confusing stuff.





Now that's some neat idea here.

Yup, you just pretty much said everything.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top