• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone worried about the amount of Disney worlds in the game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Then there was also something that came to my mind when speculating the worlds. Maybe all the returning worlds Olympus, 100 Acre Wood and etc doesn't fill the list order. Since they've already been in previous instalments? This I mean for the discussed sections of early, middle and latter worlds. What if all the sections only involve new-never introduced worlds?

I think they're just talking about 9-10 worlds, disregarding if they're new or not. It's just up in the air if they mean 10 total worlds or 10 Disney worlds plus the original worlds, and if worlds like Mysterious Tower count as it's own world (which I would assume not, because in KH2 it was a part of Twilight Town and was considered a subsection of that world). I'm not even sure if 100 Acre Woods would count towards this total or not. It's usually just minigames that you can skip if you wanted to.

They still need time to develop the worlds after all, and Olympus has plenty of new areas such as Mount Olympus and Thebes. Why wouldn't they develop it alongside all the other worlds, just because we saw it in another game when KH3 is using a different engine?

ImVentus

Awards
I think they're just talking about 9-10 worlds, disregarding if they're new or not. It's just up in the air if they mean 10 total worlds or 10 Disney worlds plus the original worlds, and if worlds like Mysterious Tower count as it's own world (which I would assume not, because in KH2 it was a part of Twilight Town and was considered a subsection of that world). I'm not even sure if 100 Acre Woods would count towards this total or not. It's usually just minigames that you can skip if you wanted to.

They still need time to develop the worlds after all, and Olympus has plenty of new areas such as Mount Olympus and Thebes. Why wouldn't they develop it alongside all the other worlds, just because we saw it in another game when KH3 is using a different engine?

I'm pretty sure Twilight Town/ Mysterious Tower is based as 1 world. I just don't see why Mysterious Tower is necessary to visit in KH3 (aside from TT). At the end of 0.2 it was a great closure for Mysterious Tower to begin a new journey in Sora's arc. Re-visiting Mysterious Tower for KH3 just seem like a lazy decision to me.

I strongly believe that it's only based on Disney worlds, not original ones (Aside from the big surprise world that is in the latter)

Olympus must have been the first world in development for the game. That world will indeed include new areas but aside from that, it will include the same cast of characters and most likely similar boss battles since the rock titan is back. I'm sorta of doubtful if they go as far as to include all the gods in Mount Olympus. Thebes was already an area in BBS. This time around it's expanded and more atmospheric.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I'm pretty sure Twilight Town/ Mysterious Tower is based as 1 world. I just don't see why Mysterious Tower is necessary to visit in KH3 (aside from TT). At the end of 0.2 it was a great closure for Mysterious Tower to begin a new journey in Sora's arc. Re-visiting Mysterious Tower for KH3 just seem like a lazy decision to me.

That's how it was in KH2. You could only visit Mysterious Tower by going through Twilight Town; the only time it was ever considered it's own world was in BBS and in DDD it was only cutscenes and part of a sleeping world.

It does make sense that we would be going back to Mysterious Tower, though, because they've set it up that Yen Sid is everyone's guide/boss. I'm not sure how much of it we'll be seeing, but it makes sense that, say, when we get Ven back, we'd bring him to Mysterious Tower so that Yen Sid could tell him what he needs to know.

Olympus must have been the first world in development for the game. That world will indeed include new areas but aside from that, it will include the same cast of characters and most likely similar boss battles since the rock titan is back. I'm sorta of doubtful if they go as far as to include all the gods in Mount Olympus. Thebes was already an area in BBS. This time around it's expanded and more atmospheric.

I'm sure they'll leave out all the gods as they weren't all that developed in the Hercules movie. The only place they were really relevant was the Hercules TV show. So I think it'd be fine if the only gods that showed up were Zeus, Hera, and Hermes.

disney233

Awards
I mean...Mysterious Tower I'm sure isn't over with in KH3. Wasn't there a preview of it in one of the trailers? Like, the actual gameplay of Sora fighting Heartless at the yard?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mean...Mysterious Tower I'm sure isn't over with in KH3. Wasn't there a preview of it in one of the trailers? Like, the actual gameplay of Sora fighting Heartless at the yard?

Yeah its already coming back. I personally hope its a part of another world tho, I see no point in it being its own separate world again. Or maybe if it is, it would need to be massively expanded or maybe not really even factored in as one of the Disney worlds in general.

disney233

Awards
I'm under the impression that they'll keep it as apart of Twilight Town, transportable by train. Makes sense since both worlds are gonna be in KH3.

Scorpio

Okay, well...if we're done pulling our hair out over something that we cannot be 100% certain about due to lack of concise information...

I'll admit the only thing I'm truly "worried" about with the Disney worlds in this game is it not reaching my long-standing aspirations for this final game. Ideally, I would have loved a more expansive choice of worlds, where there's a couple plucked from each end of the Disney Animation canon. At the moment, it looks like they're going more for films that have been released within the past 20-25 years, and while that's certainly not a bad thing (I'm especially looking forward to seeing how the Toy Story, Monsters Inc and Big Hero 6 worlds pan out), it makes those rumors of a Jungle Book world feel like an outlier compared to everything else, and the likelihood of other older properties not getting a chance.

Again, I fully admit this is purely pedantic. If the game is full of more modern Disney IPs, but each level is full and entertaining (And, more importantly, has an intrinsic tie to the overarching story), I'll be totally happy.

And yes, the Mysterious Tower is totally going to be an extension of Twilight Town again. C'mon, people.

Last edited:

UltimaXOmega

When did Nomura say original worlds are for story and Disney worlds are for gameplay? A small af TT is bad enough, we don't need 3-4 more KHII sized worlds.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
When did Nomura say original worlds are for story and Disney worlds are for gameplay? A small af TT is bad enough, we don't need 3-4 more KHII sized worlds.

We can't wait for you to unveil them. As for existing worlds, we still aren't exactly sure which ones will show up and which won't but, have you thought of ways to express them in a more KH3-esque style?

Nomura:
For the already existing Disney worlds, we are preparing locations that will be completely different from before. Also, for already existing original worlds, like Yen Sid's tower, even in locations already explored, upon exiting the tower and looking outside you'll find yourself thinking "Wow, did the night sky with all the glistening stars always look that pretty?". You'll be surprised with these sorts of discoveries. Especially in Twilight Town.

Primarly, Disney worlds will be for gameplay progression, so there will be many new locations for you to enjoy playing around in, while the existing original worlds will be for story progression. In already visited locations, you will especially be able to indulge in our power to now properly express the location in all its glory.

I think we’ll at least get a few new areas of Twilight Town. The hole in the wall to the forest was patched up in the trailers, so there must be a new route to the Mansion.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Okay, well...if we're done pulling our hair out over something that we cannot be 100% certain about due to lack of concise information...

I'll admit the only thing I'm truly "worried" about with the Disney worlds in this game is it not reaching my long-standing aspirations for this final game. Ideally, I would have loved a more expansive choice of worlds, where there's a couple plucked from each end of the Disney Animation canon. At the moment, it looks like their going more for films that have been released within the past 20-25 years, and while that's certainly not a bad thing (I'm especially looking forward to seeing how the Toy Story, Monsters Inc and Big Hero 6 worlds pan out), it makes those rumors of a Jungle Book world feel like an outlier compared to everything else, and the likelihood of other older properties not getting a chance.

Again, I fully admit this is purely pedantic. If the game is full of more modern Disney IPs, but each level is full and entertaining (And, more importantly, has an intrinsic tie to the overarching story), I'll be totally happy.

And yes, the Mysterious Tower is totally going to be an extension of Twilight Town again. C'mon, people.

It literally hasn't been since KH2, I dunno why we would automatically assume it is there again lol. But since both are back, there is a decent chance I would say. Unless Symphony of Sorcery is a thing.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
Maybe we'll get to see Hayner, Pence & Olette again for TT?
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I mean, if they aren't back people will be mad lol. I except the Disciplinary Committee plus Vivi as well. Maybe Setzer.[/FONT]

Qiesamuel

Well if they decided to separate Mysterious Tower from Twilight Town, I hope they expand it with areas based on Fantasia 2000, like what they did with Symphony of Sorcery.

I really want to explore Noah's Ark, ride or fly with humpback whales, and most of all, have Firebird as boss battle.

Andriux

Website
kingdomhearts.be
Without further information it’s a bit difficult to decide wether to wait or be nervous about that type of thing. At least so far we’re getting somenew worlds to play with (Monsters Inc, Toy Story, and Big Hero 6 I think), so perhaps the duration of play time will be much longer given that they said less worlds (I read about the game being much longer somewhere recently, from the gamers joint maybe). We really just have to wait and see at this point.

disney233

Awards
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I mean, if they aren't back people will be mad lol. I except the Disciplinary Committee plus Vivi as well. Maybe Setzer.[/FONT]

When you legit want Final Fantasy characters to have more to them than just being cameos, but you know it'll never happen. Vivi should've been a mage in the game, heck I could see him and Minnie be Kairi's trainer than just Merlin. Vivi is a Black Magic user in the game right which are magic like fire, ice, and stuff? While Minnie teaches her white magic, Vivi could've teach her Black Magic. SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES WASTED WITH KAIRI!

On top of that wound Kairi getting her keyblade whilst defending Heartless Sora in KH1 make more sense than Riku just GIVING HER her Keyblade...as if it was giftwrapped?

Drabbling too much on Kairi. Continue.

ImVentus

Awards
Come to think of it. We only seen TT areas where no npc's roam free, so far. Such as The Old Mansion & the entrance to the woods
(
that's blocked this time around).
Perhaps for the next announcement there will be some footage by the market street, train station & alley. Hopefully with npc's filling the streets.

disney233

Awards
Now...it makes me interested as to a new route to the mansion, since y'know the old way to the mansion's been boarded off.

Alja

Come to think of it. We only seen TT areas where no npc's roam free, so far. Such as The Old Mansion & the entrance to the woods
(
that's blocked this time around).
Perhaps for the next announcement there will be some footage by the market street, train station & alley. Hopefully with npc's filling the streets.
To be fair, the path to the mansion was blocked in a VERY early trailer. It could have been blocked to avoid Sora changing areas while recording the footage for the trailer (because they didn't want to accidentally land in the woods or maybe because the woods simply didn't exist in the coding yet) or maybe they just hadn't added the graphics for the crack yet. It doesn't have to be sealed in KH3 necessarily, although it would be quite interesting since we definitely need a new way in, then, with as of yet unknown areas of Twilight Town leading to it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There are easy ways to avoid having Sora potentially enter the woods and ruining the footage though. They could have restarted recording, they could have just walked him back into the town area since there aren’t any loading zones. They went through the work of constructing a wall for a reason.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
There are easy ways to avoid having Sora potentially enter the woods and ruining the footage though. They could have restarted recording, they could have just walked him back into the town area since there aren’t any loading zones. They went through the work of constructing a wall for a reason.

They could also disable whatever triggers exist to enter a new area or have maps be more continuous. Many times trailers are very scripted, such as disabling HP and MP loss on either the players or the enemies or bypassing conditions needed for game mechanics, but locations would work the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back