• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone think that there will be a KH game for the new PSVita?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Seeing as we've had some hold off games for the DS, the PSP, and soon for the 3DS game. I mean I'm only just putting this out there seeing as we've had 4 games lately for the KH series before KH3 has even been released.

I'm just curious to what you guys might think if there would be a future KH game for the new PSVita system. Or if possible one of the following KH games would be remade for it, like BBS for example.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Originally, I thought it was highly likely and I still do think it has a good chance of happening. However, if SE looks at how the Vita is selling right now, I don't know if they will take the risk. The Vita is failing so utterly bad in Japan, I don't know any company who would choose to make a Vita game right now. So I think we should wait to see its sales worldwide before we guess.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I figure it'll happen eventually. But since it's sales aren't great right now they should probably wait a while before putting a KH game on the Vita. Or maybe a KH game is just what the Vita needs to help push more units.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Well obviously because it's too new here in America but worldwide we have to see how sales are. But for now we'll have to wait and see if anything is confirmed or in the process of developing in the later future. I'm still wondering if they'll make a KH game for the Wii system or for the new WiiU system. They're already in the process of making the 10th Dragon Quest game for that system but still. Wait and see.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In the long run I would assume it's inevitable, but I would still hope not in the current saga.

The series is already spread out enough as it is and since the Vita can't play PSP games it's a useless console for my needs anyways.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Even though I would love for it to be for PS3, if there is a BBSV2, I expect it will be one the Vita.

Originally, I thought it was highly likely and I still do think it has a good chance of happening. However, if SE looks at how the Vita is selling right now, I don't know if they will take the risk. The Vita is failing so utterly bad in Japan, I don't know any company who would choose to make a Vita game right now. So I think we should wait to see its sales worldwide before we guess.

The PlayStation Vita is not doomed | Bitmob.com

please note: I didn't read the article because I'm getting ready for school. I hope it says the usual: Vita just needs the push, the 3DS struggled etc.

Lars

I dont hope its gonna happen but im pretty sure SE are gonna make a KH Vita, but not before 2014

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I hope not, I'd be doomed to watch the whole game on YouTube. Or hope one of my friends are stupid enough to buy the Vita and I'd borrow it from them for a week like I did with the PSP and BBS. I hope the realize that if they want to make a BBSV2 if they put it on the 3ds it would make more money since we wouldnt have to buy two different consoles

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Making two games, one for each console (the PSV and 3DS), would be a major mistake, as the two are rivals and almost no one would buy both handhelds.

IAMSORA

i hope they would. im kinda pissed 3D isnt for the vita. playstation makes superior systems graphically, and the controls and gameplay would feel like kingdom hearts. kingdom hearts works best with sony, and they should stick with it. although i do see the frustration with those who dont want to buy both systems or watch on youtube

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i hope they would. im kinda pissed 3D isnt for the vita. playstation makes superior systems graphically, and the controls and gameplay would feel like kingdom hearts. kingdom hearts works best with sony, and they should stick with it. although i do see the frustration with those who dont want to buy both systems or watch on youtube

It's your opinion on which company and systems are superior, but some people so think that the 3DS has more for it than the Vita (which isn't even backwards-compatible, which already makes many not want to buy it until there are more games that make it worth the buy.)

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
i hope they would. im kinda pissed 3D isnt for the vita.
3D
I think it's on the 3Ds for a reason
confused.jpg

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
i hope they would. im kinda pissed 3D isnt for the vita.

Oh? Why is that?
Let's look at your reasons.

playstation makes superior systems graphically,

Well, Kingdom Hearts isn't a graphically demanding series. So, yes, while enjoying KH in HD would be awesome, it's not too big a deal.

and the controls and gameplay would feel like kingdom hearts.

Most of the praise we've heard for 3D has been the gameplay.
3DS has 2 screens. One 3D no-touch, the other 2D touch. Vita has one screen which is multitouch. They both can do things the other can't in that respect.
Kh3D will support the 3DS's Analog extension. So, you'll be able to be play it with everything the Vita has, with the addition of R2 and L2.
And, KH3D uses the Command system, which has only appeared on PSP and DS titles, and works fine on both.

So, these controls will probably be the best in the series, since with the Analog extension it has the most buttons/analog/bumpers/etc. to use for control mapping than it has ever before.

kingdom hearts works best with sony, and they should stick with it.

This makes no sense.

although i do see the frustration with those who dont want to buy both systems or watch on youtube

We're fine with what we got.
When the next generation of consoles come out, you cannot expect developers to use the old consoles for the sake of saving the consumers wallet. If there is better hardware available for what they want to do, they are going to use the better hardware.

MinerKing

Making two games, one for each console (the PSV and 3DS), would be a major mistake, as the two are rivals and almost no one would buy both handhelds.

Well that's what they did with the DS and PSP...and i sure as hell paid for both systems.

IAMSORA

im not sure how to quote more than one person

master spockanort: yes it is my opinion. i prefer sony systems to nintendo ones. i do care about graphics a lot, and i am very used to playstation controls and menus and such. but i recognize that is just my feelings towards it, and other people can think otherwise, fair enough.

Hillboy: yes, they tied that in with the name of the system. im sure if they wanted to make it for the vita, they wouldve left out the 3D logo and just kept the DDD. but i get it, and nice touch with the bush pic.

lunap911: even though kingdom hearts has traditionally cartoon characters in it like MDG, it still looks better with better graphics. i love watching graphics of a series improve. look at FF. yes 3D seems to have cool gameplay and such. one of the reasons i loved playing BBS was because it felt like playing KH1 and KH2. i think that playing on a sony system retains the feeling of the orginal games, though nintendo may impress me with 3D, i will have to wait and see. yes they each have strengths and weaknesses, and people are entitled ti their own opinions. i think that the best KH titles have been on sony systems, but if people think otherwise, fine with me. and all i was saying with that last bit was that people were complaining if say BBSV2 were to come out on the vita, people would be pissed about having to get both systems (people were pissed when they announced BBS on the psp and days on the DS). im not saying they shouldnt use newer systems, just that i get why certain people would be against developing a vita game.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Well that's what they did with the DS and PSP...and i sure as hell paid for both systems.

if you would go examine threads closely related to this one, you would see that almost everyone either had a DS or a PSP, but not both.
you're obviously one of the hardcore fans, and i respect that.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
1. im not sure how to quote more than one person
2. and nice touch with the bush pic.
1. Me either :/
2. Thanks I just googled confused on Google images XD but I get what you mean with the logo and title.

Day- Yeah all i had was a DS, i just stole my friends PSP and BBS when he was done with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back