• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone into airsoft?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterHearts7762

I was just wondering if anyone here on the forums has ever played/plays airsoft. I've been playing for about 7 years now, and got 4 guns:

• Electric guns I have:

CA M15A1

JG G3 SG1 T3 K1 with RAS clawmount and foregrip

• Spring guns:

Remington TAC 1 Shotgun with retractable stock

• Gas guns:

Crosman C11 semi auto pistol (no blowback)

And for anyone who's never heard of airsoft:

Airsoft is a military tactical simulation game that uses compressed air guns that shoot out 6mm plastic BBs. The guns are replicas of actual real-life guns used in the military, sometimes made out of plastic or metal. Basically its like paintball, but different guns and equipment. When you're hit, it just stings for a few seconds and leaves a welt. But the closer you're hit, the more it will hurt. It's really huge in the UK, New Zealand, and Austira.I wouldn't be surprised if there are are a few people here that live in the UK that have at least heard of it. And if you're still confused or gave questions, feel free to ask me about it. And, here are some videos to show give you an idea of what it's like. For those of you who do know and play, just post and discuss with me :D

YouTube - Airsoft - Combat South Urban 13-03-05

YouTube - FORT AIRSOFT VILLAGE DEFENCE 2008

(This is where i play when i go to games :D!) v---v

YouTube - Ghosttown Airsoft in Massachusetts. Opt. Eternal Sun

My name is Keyblader7762 on Youtube, btw XD

Last edited:

Blueman

I was just wondering if anyone here on the forums has ever played/plays airsoft. I've been playing for about 7 years now, and got 5 guns:

• Electric guns I have:

CA Army M4 A1

JG G3 SG1 T3 K1 with RAS clawmount and foregrip]
  • Spring guns:

Remington TAC 1 Shotgun with retractable stock
  • Gas guns:

Crosman C11 semi auto pistol (no blowback)
And for anyone who's never heard of airsoft:

Airsoft is a military tactical simulation game that uses compressed air guns that shoot out 6mm plastic BBs. The guns are replicas of actual real-life guns used in the militry, sometimes made out of plastic or metal. Basically its like paintball, but different guns and equipment. But its really huge in the UK,New Zealand, and Austira.I wouldn't be surprised if there are are a few people here that live in the UK that have at least heard of it. And if you're stil confused or gave questions, feel free to ask me about it. And, here are some videos to show give you an idea of what it's like. For those of you who do know and play, just post and discuss with me :D

YouTube - Airsoft - Combat South Urban 13-03-05

YouTube - FORT AIRSOFT VILLAGE DEFENCE 2008

(This is where i play when i go to games :D!) v---v

YouTube - Ghosttown Airsoft in Massachusetts. Opt. Eternal Sun

My name is Keyblader7762 on Youtube, btw XD

I've played Airsoft before. It's pretty fun. But I think paintball is better. Have you played paintball before?

MasterHearts7762

I've played Airsoft before. It's pretty fun. But I think paintball is better. Have you played paintball before?

One time i did, and it was actually pretty fun. But i dont have a paintball gun, so that was the only time O.O
It seems paintball is a lot more commonly known, but thats because airsofters, and i quote this from a news story, "Tend to keep a low profile because of the realism of the guns." And he's totally right. Aisoft guns do look like the real thing, and could be mistaken as the real thing to the untrained eye.

Firo

Oh Crap
I've played before a few times but not on a very large scale. I tried to get into it but I could never find anyone who played, due to the realistic features of the guns. So instead of going out and buying a cheap see through one that requires cocking it every time you shoot I got a paintball gun.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
A friend of mine has gotten me into airsoft recently but I haven't buggered to actually find a field up where I used to live. (The guy has this crazy obsession with TM 1911 GBBs it's crazy)

As for what I have, just a CYMA CM031d. (This is the one that resembles the AK102 with the skeleton folder) From what lots of brand elitists out there they tend to gripe about it's pot metal reciever n' such, but I don't mind. I'm planning on reworking the gearbox, add a railed foregrip for a vert, maybe a Romanian folding stock and some optics, but that's not going to happen for a while. No sidearm yet, probably going to be a KJW 229 or an HFC M712.

I really dig gear, though. In addition to a sidearm I'd love to get me either a pantac weesatch or 1961a one day. Sure I could buy one from HSGI or LBT, but I'm not picky at all about made in America quality, and from I know pantac is really superb.

Also, How is that JG G3? If I ever get bored with my AK after I've finished working on it, I've considered either the AR platform or the G3 for a secondary AEG, because I do love me them longarms.

美咲 四季;3597132 said:
So...It's like paintball but doesn't hurt?
Depends on the person and what they're wearing. If you're just some kids with clearsoft and springers in the woods with hoodies and paintball masks, maybe.

MasterHearts7762

美咲 四季;3597132 said:
So...It's like paintball but doesn't hurt?

o.o

Well it depends. If you get hit with a gun that goes 380+ fps, thats gonna sting. My friend got hit with a shotgun point blank that shot 450, and it hurt like a bitch. He had three bloody welts about the size of a half dollar going down his arm and still has scars from it. Other than that, you'll just get a welt or two from a hit. It does sting for a few seconds, though.

A friend of mine has gotten me into airsoft recently but I haven't buggered to actually find a field up where I used to live. (The guy has this crazy obsession with TM 1911 GBBs it's crazy)

As for what I have, just a CYMA CM031d. (This is the one that resembles the AK102 with the skeleton folder) From what lots of brand elitists out there they tend to gripe about it's pot metal reciever n' such, but I don't mind. I'm planning on reworking the gearbox, add a railed foregrip for a vert, maybe a Romanian folding stock and some optics, but that's not going to happen for a while. No sidearm yet, probably going to be a KJW 229 or an HFC M712.

I really dig gear, though. In addition to a sidearm I'd love to get me either a pantac weesatch or 1961a one day. Sure I could buy one from HSGI or LBT, but I'm not picky at all about made in America quality, and from I know pantac is really superb.

Also, How is that JG G3? If I ever get bored with my AK after I've finished working on it, I've considered either the AR platform or the G3 for a secondary AEG, because I do love me them longarms.

Depends on the person and what they're wearing. If you're just some kids with clearsoft and springers in the woods with hoodies and paintball masks, maybe.

The G3 is awesome. It broke on me back in September the day before a huge game, but i got it fixed and works as good as new. Plus it has a ROF of about 800-900 RPM, and goes about 380-390 fps out of the box. I'd say its a great long and mid range gun, though i use my M4 for CQB. If you play ina wooded area though, its definitely a gun to look at.(And i would get either a CA G3 or a G3 with an RAS like mine, it works great.)

Now, would you say CYMA AKs would be good for a CQB game? I know i said i use an M4 for CQB, but i've had it for a while and i'm looking to get a good gun designed for CQB gametypes.

Last edited:

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Now, would you say CYMA AKs would be good for a CQB game? I know i said i use an M4 for CQB, but i've had it for a while and i'm looking to get a good gun designed for CQB gametypes.
From what I know the generally preferred CQB weapons are tactical M4s with shortened barrels or MP5s. CYMA and Echo 1 both recently released some new full-metal MP5s with a pretty reasonable price tag. But since it's CQB AKS74Us are also pretty in if you want something that isn't an AR or MP5.

MasterHearts7762

From what I know the generally preferred CQB weapons are tactical M4s with shortened barrels or MP5s. CYMA and Echo 1 both recently released some new full-metal MP5s with a pretty reasonable price tag. But since it's CQB AKS74Us are also pretty in if you want something that isn't an AR or MP5.

Hmm.... then i should look in to some AKS74Us because i want a god damn AK. >.>

Satriani

Yea I play sometimes, but I really like just having the gun on me so I can walk around my house when nobody
is home and feel like a badass. Honestly I prefer paintball because its easier to tell if someone gets hit or not
and the balls fly farther. Though airsoft is so much cheaper it appeals in that way. I like em' both I guess but
anyways, I have a M1991 Colt .45 ACP FullMetal BlowBack Pistol and it runs on green gas. I def. reccomend
that because it looks real and is heavy like a real gun. Like I told, it helps me feel like a BA when I walk around!
Cheers

MasterHearts7762

Yea I play sometimes, but I really like just having the gun on me so I can walk around my house when nobody
is home and feel like a badass. Honestly I prefer paintball because its easier to tell if someone gets hit or not
and the balls fly farther. Though airsoft is so much cheaper it appeals in that way. I like em' both I guess but
anyways, I have a M1991 Colt .45 ACP FullMetal BlowBack Pistol and it runs on green gas. I def. reccomend
that because it looks real and is heavy like a real gun. Like I told, it helps me feel like a BA when I walk around!
Cheers

I had the worst day today. >.> Me and my friends went to our local airsoft/paintall course because we went on MAASF(Massachusetts Airsoft Forums) and noticed that there was a game today at 10:30. So we go down at like 10:45 and they say the game was cancelled because of snow nd ice.

THEN....

I GO ON THE FUCKING FORUMS TO NOTICE THAT THERE WAS A GAME-AND IT WAS FREE. AND EVERYONE HAD THE WHOLE LIKE 50 ACRE FIELD TO THEMSELVES!!! HOW FUCKED UP IS THAT. I AM PISSED. :x:x

Last edited:

MasterHearts7762

I now have a decision to make:

Should i get:

A WE CO2 P14 pistol. Shoots 330-350fps, with blowback. I really need a new sidarm seeing as my other one is a piece of crap and no longer has a mag.

Or:

A CYMA AK with RIS and black paint finish. Shoots 360-380fps, heard it was a pretty decent CQB gun under $100.

Yes, i can only get a gun under $100. So I've kinda been thiking about the P14, but gimme your two cents on it.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post, but it was necessary. >.>

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
well my friend who knows his gbb 1911s says that WEs are terrible, so if you're considering a gbb based on the 1911, go kjw for an excellent budget sidearm, or marui if you're planning on going baller status.

in terms of a cqb weapon, an ak is pretty much a pain unless you're going to be using it as your primary. even then, because i'm a geardo, i know that aks only look good unless you're going for a pmc/insurgent look. but that's just me. since cyma makes tons of aks it would help to know which ak you're planning on buying first.

but if you want an all-in-one solution, go for an mp5. nearly everyone uses them for cqb so you can share mags with squaddies, and having one as your secondary for a larger scrim isn't completely unheard of; and actually sounds like the kind of thing that would boost your operator cred.

MasterHearts7762

well my friend who knows his gbb 1911s says that WEs are terrible, so if you're considering a gbb based on the 1911, go kjw for an excellent budget sidearm, or marui if you're planning on going baller status.

in terms of a cqb weapon, an ak is pretty much a pain unless you're going to be using it as your primary. even then, because i'm a geardo, i know that aks only look good unless you're going for a pmc/insurgent look. but that's just me. since cyma makes tons of aks it would help to know which ak you're planning on buying first.

but if you want an all-in-one solution, go for an mp5. nearly everyone uses them for cqb so you can share mags with squaddies, and having one as your secondary for a larger scrim isn't completely unheard of; and actually sounds like the kind of thing that would boost your operator cred.

lol i was at a game in September and this guy was spraying with an M249 and he had an MP5 link to his pants. He told me it was his "pistol" XD I've been thinking about an MP5, but i kinda wanted to steep away from it because its so common. My friend up the street has one, and i know about 30 other people who do. But meh, if its the best i can do, so be it. And Yeah, Though KJW M1911s are really nice, i need a CO2 pistol. I find Green Gas to be too annying, plus i dont want my case of 50 CO2 cartriges to just sit and collect dust in my closet. >.> Do you know if KJW does P14s?

Go with the SKU: ZX-045862-2086C Its mad beast.

Hmm. Never heard of that gun. What exactly is it?

Last edited:

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards

MasterHearts7762

Alrighty I've finally decided on what I plan to get over the course of the next few konths:

CM028 AK47 by: CYMA - Airsoft GI - welcome to the ultimate airsoft

with: Echo 1 AK47 600rds High Capacity Magazine by: ECHO 1 - Airsoft GI -

KJW Full Metal M1911 Tactical (CO2 Ready) by: KJ Works - Airsoft GI -

with: KJW Full Metal M1911 Tactical CO2 Magazine by: KJ Works - Airsoft GI -

Took out a calculator and added up the prices to get a total of $270 with free shipping. Not a bad deal, not bad at all.

Last edited:

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
rather than buying more aegs why not work on some of the ones you have already? lol

in terms of aks i'd recommend the full-metal/wood ones; sure you could buy aftermarket wooden stocks/grips later in time, but you'd actually be saving money by going the extra 40 and getting a full-metal reciever as well.

also, asgi recently started selling condor weesatches. i'd buy one if you're looking for a molle chest rig with built-in pouches.

MasterHearts7762

Selling condor what?? O.O

I kinda need a new AEG though, because seeing as when my G3 broke they could only fix it to shoot full auto. :/ So techinically i do need a new one, plus i need to "broaden my horizons" or some shit. XD

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
I kinda need a new AEG though, because seeing as when my G3 broke they could only fix it to shoot full auto. :/ So techinically i do need a new one
what about your CA M4? everyone knows that in terms of a platform the AR is probably the most versatile in terms of what kinds of shit you could put on it
plus i need to "broaden my horizons" or some shit. XD
broadening horizons ≠ purchasing airsoft guns
Selling condor what?? O.O
OE TECH MPS Combat Chest Armor (OD) by: OE TECH TACTICAL - Airsoft GI

i think it's interesting how you say you've been playing for seven years, but you don't even know what gear or a decent aeg is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back