• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone experiencing pauses during cutscenes in 0.2?

• Thread starter Deleted member 101308
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 101308

I don't know if this is happening in the other parts of the game (e.g. DDD or Back Cover), but I have only played 0.2 so far and have experienced slight pauses during cutscenes. This happened during the opening FMV, where there were multiple brief glitchy pauses, and even the odd weird glitchy sound effect occuring. Just happened again in one of the final scenes in 0.2.

I heard 2.5 was somewhat glitchy, so I don't know if this is a common thing with these recent KH games, or if it is exclusive to the digital versions, which is what I have for 2.8. Perhaps I need to give it a fresh install or something.

Has this been happening to anyone else?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Nope, didn't happen to me. My game was running perfectly the whole time, no glitches or pauses at all

D

Deleted member 101308

Hmm, found people with the same issues at the GameFAQs board. Goodness me, just watching the scene after the credits now, and the stuttering is all over the place, causing the voicework to go out of sync with the scene. Big shame.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I didn't experience any of that either D: Maybe it's an NTSC-version problem? Cause Muke and I both own the pal version I guess.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I didn't experience any of that either D: Maybe it's an NTSC-version problem? Cause Muke and I both own the pal version I guess.
Huhhh... interesting thought, but what could cause the problem to only appear in NTSC-versions? I know nothing programming and stuff xD Not even sure if it's a programming issue. Oh whatever lol

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
are you playing on a pro? i hear more issues with people playing on a pro.

also could be a digital vs disc difference maybe?

in re the post-credit scene:
most of yen sid's lines are actually fish-faced and not lip synced tho, just btw. so if he's the only character you're noticing it on, that might be why

D

Deleted member 101308

I have an EU digital copy. Standard PS4. Replaced the 500GB HDD with my own 2TB one, but unsure whether that would be the issue. Seems unlikely.

A player with the same stuttering issues made a vid. Jump to 37 seconds to see where it starts going really bad.

WARNING: 0.2 spoilers. Spoiler below is a link to YouTube, but hiding it anyway.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Wow, that's really bad. They should fix that asap if it is fixable.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I have an EU digital copy. Standard PS4. Replaced the 500GB HDD with my own 2TB one, but unsure whether that would be the issue. Seems unlikely.

A player with the same stuttering issues made a vid. Jump to 37 seconds to see where it starts going really bad.

WARNING: 0.2 spoilers. Spoiler below is a link to YouTube, but hiding it anyway.

it may actually be your HDD. i notice that the video you linked, that player also says they had replaced the HDD with their own 2TB one. seems to be a common link? really weird though. perhaps try contacting square about it.

D

Deleted member 101308

It is possible it's the HDD that affects it, but I don't know about the others that also have the problem - they don't mention anything about HDDs, but some are getting the issues on both standard PS4 and Pro.

Might be worth contacting SE, though...

Rix

:)
Awards
Yeah it happened to me during one cutscene. It was very brief, but still noticeable. I'm playing on a Pro though.

D

Deleted member 101308

Strangely, if playing the cutscenes back in the theater, they play perfectly fine! No issues or stuttering whatsoever. During the game itself, though, it's a different story. Very strange.

Tyler De Insomni

Hey everyone! I'm the one who uploaded the video that Nobody linked in one of the replies.
I think it is highly likely that the cutscene stuttering has to do with using a hard-drive other than the one that comes packaged in with the standard PS4. That means even PS4 Pro owners are likely experiencing the same issue because the Pro uses a 1TB hard drive. It is also possible that it's the hard drive itself and not entirely the game's fault.
Here's a link to the HDD I'm using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C4W2P18/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And for comparison sake, here's some info on the standard PS4 HDD: The Specifications of PS4 Hard Drive (HDD)
I've heard this is a similar issue that happens with other games that have loads of pre-rendered cutscenes such as Evolve, but so far none of my other games have had this issue since installing the HDD, including FFXV and Ratchet & Clank, the latter of which has pre-rendered cutscenes out the wild zoo.
If anyone knows of anywhere we can go to share this information with SE I'd greatly appreciate if you could tell me. It would be great if the could figure out a way to fix it so I don't have to pop the old HDD back in just to play one game. I think it's especially important we tell them since this is a tech-demo for KH3 and it would really suck if this problem were to carry over into that game, however far off it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back