• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else worried about the game? Especially due to how information is being handled now.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

yremissa

I'm on the same boat! We've seen nothing new... I have the feeling we just saw Tangled and Hercules during 5 years.... too much of those worlds! I hope there will be much more in those worlds to explore...

The marketing is terrible. And like someone already said: why all those secrets? It's like their secret events where they shiw the audience a new trailer, but they don't show it to the world... what's the point of that? Not enough resources? It's just 1 click on Youtube.

Just give is more information about the game! Like who is the second playable character? And how will we be able to switch? Or give us the intro? Or show us the menu! Just something that is nor Tangled or Hercules related.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I wasn't around for the marketing of KH1 and KH2, but I don't feel like this game is being marketed any differently than the other KH games :/ Particularly BbS and DDD. Or even 2.8. They show a little to much. Go quiet for a bit with just screenshots and interviews. And then they show a little bit too much again. A little more quiet and screenshots. And then final epic trailer with theme song and way too much stuff and then boom, the game.

This game has been in development for 5 years, is it really killing you to wait 2ish more months for probably one more trailer and then the full release?

Laurel

Awards
Yeah I feel like we've gotten enough marketing, what more do we need? We got several trailers, we know a majority of the worlds, we've seen the variety of gameplay, the demo has been distributed to several cons, if anything I think we've been pretty spoiled with info.

Seadrin

Awards
The way I see it, Square Enix doesn't necessarily need to be marketing to us, here on the forums, the dedicated fanbase. Of course, they want us to be excited, too! But in reality, I know most of us are in it regardless and are going to purchase KHIII.

The LUCCA Tangled trailer for instance; Fans who have been following the breadcrumbs and every detail since announcement in 2015 may not get too excited about it. (although, of course I really did) But fans of Disney and Tangled and I'd bet a younger demographic than you'd find on the forums probably got interested and excited about KHIII, maybe for the first time when seeing that new trailer.

That's how it was when I was 9 years old, I saw The Genie and Simba, and I was sold. Period. And I'm sure that's who they're targeting, a new audience. And us too. But most of us are already all in. :wink:

And it's one of those things. You can't please everybody. Some are covering their ears with all of the news. Others just can't have enough!

sephydark

Awards
I think we've gotten plenty of marketing information and am not even remotely concerned about the game not being good enough to show off. Like, it hasn't been a nonstop deluge of stuff but I wasn't expecting that and don't know that I'd want it anyways. We've still got the better part of 3 months until it releases; I'm sure that as we get into January we'll see them make a big push to get information about the game out to the public.

That said, i do agree with some of the other people here that they've made some odd marketing decisions, like dropping those Hercules renders out of nowhere in the middle of the week. It's nothing that makes me concerned about the actual game, though.

Wallflower3582

Nope not disappointed at all. We've got so many trailers by now that some people are concerned we've got too many, there's been tons of interviews, new merch is getting announced every few days, and we've only got 12 weeks to go till launch and there's still gonna be at least one more world announced. Not sure how much more you want. Just find a new game or something to keep you busy till January. As for me, I just got Dragon Quest 11 so I'm gonna drag that out till launch to keep me busy. (Not that i need to use it as a filler game its amazing so far)

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I honestly think SE is actually confused over what to do ever since phrases like "They're showing too much" popped up.

After TGS, it feels like they don't really know what to show after taking the possibility of showing too much into consideration.

This is why sometimes, companies should stick to their guns and not be so worried about fan reception. I remember when people wanted nothing but a wave of information and trailers, now it's "Wait no, I don't want to be spoiled!"

And we just got a trailer. The game is two months away, and they still are in crunch time. I think once the game goes gold, THEN they can start dropping information left, right and center, but it's smarter to just finish up and stay quiet until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back