• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else wonder about the progression of the game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robotman

They said that the Early game is 90% done, Middle is 60-70% done, so going by that we can kind of predict that the Late game is 30-40% done, especially because they wouldn't even give a percentage concerning the late game. Is anyone worried about how far behind they are in production? Considering that the game is meant to come out this year.

I'm not saying that it's going to be delayed, I'm just wondering about how much they have left to do.

Awards
I mean they didn't specified about how long they are in the third act so... In my opinion Square seems to be confident about the game coming out this year and it seems to me that they are on schedule

As it right now I will only be concerned if they don't give us a date on E3

There's also the fact that they have the largest team ever for background development so I think we will be fine

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
First, I think that the percentages Square give for the completion of their games aren't actually all that accurate.

Second, even if you were right about the percentage of the third segment of the game... the game would still be 2/3 of the way complete. If one segment was completed, I'd think those people would help with another segment and speed up progress.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
First, I think that the percentages Square give for the completion of their games aren't actually all that accurate.

Second, even if you were right about the percentage of the third segment of the game... the game would still be 2/3 of the way complete. If one segment was completed, I'd think those people would help with another segment and speed up progress.

Pretty much this. The worlds' development is divided in three phases: beginning worlds, middle worlds and final worlds. Beginning ones are almost complete, middle worlds I think are halfway there, while the last ones are on a low percentage. Once beginning worlds are finished, I presume that staff will be transferred to the middle worlds, speeding up the process, and once they're done with those worlds, they'll obviously be transferred to work on the last ones.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Percentages for games are a horrible thing, never actually accurate for judging how far something is in development, and should stop being used.

Some things can take a while to build, and that percentage number could barely move. But then when things are in place and whatnot development can quickly progress.

The 90% for the beginning worlds may just be some polish and refining. 60-70% for middle worlds might just mean they're still fine tuning bosses, lighting, treasure placement (why the chest in Olympus moved 5 metres I DO NOT KNOW), and developing the cutscenes.

It's really nothing to be concerned about. The only time to worry would be if there's no release date by E3. They only have 6 months to market and release the game at that point. I can only imagine a scenario where the release date is not at E3 is due to something disastrous appearing very late in development that has the team working hard to fix and that thing actually delaying the game.

Awards
Percentages for games are a horrible thing, never actually accurate for judging how far something is in development, and should stop being used.

Some things can take a while to build, and that percentage number could barely move. But then when things are in place and whatnot development can quickly progress.

The 90% for the beginning worlds may just be some polish and refining. 60-70% for middle worlds might just mean they're still fine tuning bosses, lighting, treasure placement (why the chest in Olympus moved 5 metres I DO NOT KNOW), and developing the cutscenes.

It's really nothing to be concerned about. The only time to worry would be if there's no release date by E3. They only have 6 months to market and release the game at that point. I can only imagine a scenario where the release date is not at E3 is due to something disastrous appearing very late in development that has the team working hard to fix and that thing actually delaying the game.

Yeah, totally agree with ya

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It seems that Tangled is in the 60-70% complete zone and we can tell that the world and it’s battle system are more or less built. They’re probably working on detail work like Chaser said. They’ll probably be caught up to the others in no time.

Those in the 90% are probably just working out glitches and performance issues. The worlds in the unstated percentage are likely still having some of their environments and gameplay mechanics developed, but they likely have the overall framework established. With that done, the development will progress increasingly faster. Like others said, as the teams complete their segments, they’ll pitch in on the unfinished stuff.

I could see the game going into code freeze around June-July.

Awards
It seems that Tangled is in the 60-70% complete zone and we can tell that the world and it’s battle system are more or less built. They’re probably working on detail work like Chaser said. They’ll probably be caught up to the others in no time.

Those in the 90% are probably just working out glitches and performance issues. The worlds in the unstated percentage are likely still having some of their environments and gameplay mechanics developed, but they likely have the overall framework established. With that done, the development will progress increasingly faster. Like others said, as the teams complete their segments, they’ll pitch in on the unfinished stuff.

I could see the game going into code freeze around June-July.

I know i'm skeptical about these dates but if they use these slots: the Series Anniversary (March 28), PAX East (April 5 - 8) and Union Cross Event (April 15) we will probably have a more clear view of how the development of the game is going AND we will defenitly have the freaking date at E3

It will also make people confident about the game coming this year. argh i'm mad

D

Deleted member 246005

Since i know so little about the game development process I don't really worry about it.

If its done, its done. If it's not, its not.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Eh, don't listen to that progression stuff. That stuff is almost never accurate.

The only thing that concerns me is the UI; I mean, is it still glitching/not working or am I just crazy?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Oh I see... Thanks! It was glitching before?

It just wasn't functional for a while. The command menu seemed to be doing... something, but it clearly wasn't programmed all the way, and other things such as enemy health bars just didn't work.

Some things like that are still glitchy/not working, from the looks of things. The command menu looks like it's pretty much done, for the most part, but enemy health bars still seem to not be programmed properly yet. Sometimes they work, sometimes it looks like Sora's not even doing damage.

Awards
It just wasn't functional for a while. The command menu seemed to be doing... something, but it clearly wasn't programmed all the way, and other things such as enemy health bars just didn't work.

Some things like that are still glitchy/not working, from the looks of things. The command menu looks like it's pretty much done, for the most part, but enemy health bars still seem to not be programmed properly yet. Sometimes they work, sometimes it looks like Sora's not even doing damage.

Oh I had not noticed this lol I really hope they work this out soon.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
In regards to progress, I'm more interested in the fact that the worlds in which Sora, Donald and Goofy change their appearance is early game as oppose to mid game (Toy Story and Monsters Inc.). An intriguing change considering the fact that Olympus may be where we get Sora's Kingdom Hearts III outfit.

Awards
In regards to progress, I'm more interested in the fact that the worlds in which Sora, Donald and Goofy change their appearance is early game as oppose to mid game (Toy Story and Monsters Inc.). An intriguing change considering the fact that Olympus may be where we get Sora's Kingdom Hearts III outfit.

Yeah...

So far we have:

Toy Story
Monsters Inc.
Frozen, they will probably have a coat or something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back