• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else think Sora pales in comparison to TAV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
That's something like saying, "Well, we can say Riku is taller than Sora, but we can't be sure until Nomura says anything." =/

no its not
strenght and power can't be determined my the eye alone like height can

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
TVA are obviously more skilled and more knowledgeable.
These do not necessarily translate into power.

They kind of do. Someone lacking all of those things going against someone who has them could easily lose.

Oh, and Roxas would win because he used the keyblade longer :D

Davrax

They kind of do. Someone lacking all of those things going against someone who has them could easily lose.

Oh, and Roxas would win because he used the keyblade longer :D

I didn't think by power we were talking about "ability to win".
If we use sports as an example, a person playing hockey let's say could have a lot of power (strength) but their technique could be crap. So they would lose in most cases.

By which I mean to say, TAV would win in a straight-up fight because they're more skilled. But Sora could have more power, whether raw strength (unlikely) or strength of the heart, which would seem to translate into a higher potential power.
Note I'm saying could, as we have no means of comparison.

That being said, I'm fairly confident in saying that KH3D will serve to bring Sora and probably also Riku up to TAV's level of skill. If only so that they're not completely benched when they manage to save the original trinity.

Awards
On his first try? How do we know that? He looked like he knew exactly what he was doing when he tapped his shoulder and was engulfed in light.

Uh, because he looked in awe at Terra doing it and then proceeded to mimic him? It was pretty obvious it was his first time donning the armor considering he gawked at himself for a few seconds.

Sora technically hasn't killed any adults(or anyone for that matter) He has defeated a Heartless, and 13 incomplete beings that are probably naturally weaker than their somebody counterparts.

He has "defeated a Heartless and 13 incomplete beings." Way to downplay it. It's like saying that Terra defeated an old man which, oh wait, he didn't.

Xemnas was regarded as the most powerful character by Nomura when KH2 came out, so, weaker or not, he was still on a level that far exceeded any normal adult, especially taking into account that he merged with his KH.

And for most of the rest of the Organization, like with Vexen, they definitely fall under the "cursed with awesome" trope.

And Sora kind of is, Nomura himself has even said Sora is a normal boy.

Yeah, a normal boy who gains extraordinary power that isn't translatable to real life.

Assuming how strong his heart is matters, why would that change anything with how much stronger or not stronger he is than TAV? We have no idea if the strength of a heart directly effects someones overall power, besides, don't ALL wielders need a strong heart to wield a keyblade? The only thing I hear people say about Sora's heart is its ability to connect it to anyone.

... lol
Hearts ARE power. The strength of your heart is a reflection of how powerful you are. Ergo, someone like Aqua, who is physically weaker than someone like Terra could still beat him if she has a stronger heart. It makes ALL the difference.

All wielders need a strong heart but obviously not all wielders are equal, otherwise we wouldn't be having this debate.

Well, if the amount of training is greater than the amount of 'field experience' I would say it does.

Yeah, no. I would just as easily attribute power exponentially more to field experience than to training, which can only do so much.

HOW long has Sora been on his journey anyway? I mean, COM is basically wiped from his memory so he doesn't remember any of the fighting he did there, and he went to sleep for a year. I don't think he actually has been on his journey for that long.

You realize that Sora now remembers his journey from CoM, right?
And he also gained power from Roxas, who had been fighting the year he was asleep.

Thanks to ME, and MX, TAV have been taught the proper way to use the keyblade to its full potential, while 2 of them were keyblade masters(counting Terra since he basically kind of was one) while Sora on the otherhand kind of got thrown into this whole thing, without the training that TAV has, and I DO believe that makes a difference.

A difference in style, sure, but not necessarily in power.
Considering that Yen Sid thinks he's ready for his MoM exam, that should tell you something.

Box_ghost

After playing mostly through days I got to thinking... "Terra, Aqua, and Ven are way cooler than Sora ever was." I mean cooler keyblades, armor, etc..,

Anyone else agree?

*Hope this is the right section*

I think A=T>S=M>R>V

Sora is way cooler than Ven anyday.
Plus, Aqua has Ghost Drive. WHAT?!

Silverslide

Uh, because he looked in awe at Terra doing it and then proceeded to mimic him? It was pretty obvious it was his first time donning the armor considering he gawked at himself for a few seconds.

I highly doubt that. It makes sense for him to have at least done a test run since he didn't have the damn armor when he got to LoD. Why would he receive it and not learn how to use it?

Grass said:
He has "defeated a Heartless and 13 incomplete beings." Way to downplay it. It's like saying that Terra defeated an old man which, oh wait, he didn't.

Xemnas was regarded as the most powerful character by Nomura when KH2 came out, so, weaker or not, he was still on a level that far exceeded any normal adult, especially taking into account that he merged with his KH.

This is true, but Sora obviously couldn't handle Xemnas on his own in his cow-suit form, which is why he and Riku took him down together, so that hardly is any defense on how Sora is stronger than Xemnas.

Grass said:
Yeah, a normal boy who gains extraordinary power that isn't translatable to real life.

Details. You could compare him to a kid who picked up a weapon which he had no idea of using and just started defending himself with it, of course there are some differences and details but when talking about skill and swordsmanship, Sora is comparable to a regular 14 year old.

Grass said:
... lol
Hearts ARE power. The strength of your heart is a reflection of how powerful you are. Ergo, someone like Aqua, who is physically weaker than someone like Terra could still beat him if she has a stronger heart. It makes ALL the difference.

All wielders need a strong heart but obviously not all wielders are equal, otherwise we wouldn't be having this debate.

If hearts are power, how could Xemnas, a being without a heart, be the most powerful being in the universe? Sorry, but I don't believe a heart directly effects the strength of someone in battle. I believe hearts are unique, and give unique powers to owner of the heart(which we see with TAVs natural affinities in BBS)

So basically how you are saying it works is if someone has the strongest heart of all in the KH universe, naturally or artificially, then he/she would be the most powerful being in that said universe and could defeat everyone that came their way? How broken is that.

Grass said:
Yeah, no. I would just as easily attribute power exponentially more to field experience than to training, which can only do so much.

So if someone training who has trained intensely for years being instructed by someone capable, who has probably been through the same training, were to meet someone whose only fighting experience was play fighting with his friends and who went off on his own adventure and fight him, he would lose?

Because this is basically the case with TAV and Sora.

Grass said:
You realize that Sora now remembers his journey from CoM, right?
And he also gained power from Roxas, who had been fighting the year he was asleep.

I'll assume you're talking about Ansem The Wise's data, since you didn't really elaborate, assuming he has access to the data at all, then sure. But we don't know if he does or if that IS the data. I have a feeling that isn't what you are talking about though...

So you think Sora absorbed all of Roxas' abilities when he returned to his original body? So he should be able to dual wield outside of drive forms now, right? I doubt it. I don't think it just adds on like that, if it does than Kairi should be able to manipulate peoples memories by drawing in KH3.

Grass said:
A difference in style, sure, but not necessarily in power.
Considering that Yen Sid thinks he's ready for his MoM exam, that should tell you something.

A difference in skill is what you are looking for. Sure it might not directly mean he is stronger, but it is a HUGE factor.

The way I saw the cutscene, it looked like Yen Sid did that as a last resort, as if it would aid them in the fight against Norty. But yes, I understand that Sora will become a master and probably exceed TAV in strength, but as of now, the last time we see Sora I mean, I think TAV still surpass him

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Not on a raw/natural level, no. But they do support the whole "Sora would lose" deal. But it also supports the fact that, with the same training TVA received, Sora would come out on top.

Well yea. Sora has an incredibly powerful heart, the strongest we've seen in the series probably.

But the fact is he HASN'T had their kind of training. Which means he isn't as strong as them, and DEFINITELY is not ready to face Xehanort. Xehanort's gonna have the power of at least Xemnas and Ansem, as well as the powers of MX and Terra and possibly even Eraqus depending on whose heart became Ansem SOD

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
This is true, but Sora obviously couldn't handle Xemnas on his own in his cow-suit form, which is why he and Riku took him down together, so that hardly is any defense on how Sora is stronger than Xemnas.
Not taking into account his single handed fight against Xemnas (which he came out on top of) two teenage boys with no prior expirence with the keyblade managed to defeat one of the strongest enemies in the KH universe....yeeeeah.

Details. You could compare him to a kid who picked up a weapon which he had no idea of using and just started defending himself with it, of course there are some differences and details but when talking about skill and swordsmanship, Sora is comparable to a regular 14 year old.
WHAT? [video=youtube;hX-AcxZvU2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX-AcxZvU2w[/video]

Oh yeah definitely the skills of a regular 14 year-old boy there >_>

If hearts are power, how could Xemnas, a being without a heart, be the most powerful being in the universe?
kingdom0.jpg
It's was pretty obvious that Xemnas was getting power from all the little hearts he collected.

I'll assume you're talking about Ansem The Wise's data, since you didn't really elaborate, assuming he has access to the data at all, then sure. But we don't know if he does or if that IS the data. I have a feeling that isn't what you are talking about though...
I'm guessing he is talking about Sora remembering the promise he made to Namine...

So you think Sora absorbed all of Roxas' abilities when he returned to his original body? So he should be able to dual wield outside of drive forms now, right? I doubt it. I don't think it just adds on like that, if it does than Kairi should be able to manipulate peoples memories by drawing in KH3.
Why not? Dual wielding is and ability Sora has because he has two hearts inside him that fact has changed so he should be fully capable of using DW without the need of drive forms(theoretically).

The way I saw the cutscene, it looked like Yen Sid did that as a last resort, as if it would aid them in the fight against Norty. But yes, I understand that Sora will become a master and probably exceed TAV in strength, but as of now, the last time we see Sora I mean, I think TAV still surpass him
I think it just boils down to if he didn't think Sora and Riku were ready he wouldn't waste his time, Yen sid knows about Riku mastering his darkness and standing triumphant of Xehanorts heartless not to mention his fight against Xemnas then we have Sora who also defeated Xehanorts Heartless and a good majority of ORG 13 and even Xemnas single handily (before his assimilation of KH) and lets face it if it was any other kid they would have been destroyed. But I think this is just stemming from a matter of different interpretations.

Silverslide

Not taking into account his single handed fight against Xemnas (which he came out on top of) two teenage boys with no prior expirence with the keyblade managed to defeat one of the strongest enemies in the KH universe....yeeeeah.

Well of course, at that time Xemnas was just a nobody like everyone else, the strongest one yes, but still an incomplete being. I never said they had no prior experience, I just said they aren't as experienced as TAV.

loke13 said:
WHAT? [video=youtube;hX-AcxZvU2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX-AcxZvU2w[/video]

Oh yeah definitely the skills of a regular 14 year-old boy there >_>

BBS Ultimania said:
So, it’s not that “once Sora’s story is over the story of a new hero will begin”, but that the series will always have Sora as the hero, isn’t it?

Nomura: Yeah. One of the concepts of the series is that the hero Sora isn’t some special being, but a normal boy. Sure, his heart is connected to Ventus and the others, but other than that, he’s a normal kid that could have come from anywhere, that hasn’t inherited anything from anyone.

From the man himself.

loke13 said:
kingdom0.jpg
It's was pretty obvious that Xemnas was getting power from all the little hearts he collected.

Why is that logo even here...

Most of which were freed, apparently, but I acknowledge that.?

loke13 said:
I'm guessing he is talking about Sora remembering the promise he made to Namine...

IF he does.

loke13 said:
Why not? Dual wielding is and ability Sora has because he has two hearts inside him that fact has changed so he should be fully capable of using DW without the need of drive forms(theoretically).

This is a wait and see type thing, so I'll leave this. Unless you have proof to back up that this actually is the case.

loke13 said:
I think it just boils down to if he didn't think Sora and Riku were ready he wouldn't waste his time, Yen sid knows about Riku mastering his darkness and standing triumphant of Xehanorts heartless not to mention his fight against Xemnas then we have Sora who also defeated Xehanorts Heartless and a good majority of ORG 13 and even Xemnas single handily (before his assimilation of KH) and lets face it if it was any other kid they would have been destroyed. But I think this is just stemming from a matter of different interpretations.

Eh, I don't know. The way he says it is like doing the exam would make them stronger, like a last resort. Not exactly saying they are capable.

tdc456

Look guys, you are trying to have an intelligent and well thought out discussion over a VIDEO GAME. So let's just do this the easy way.

Aqua = Master
Sora =/= Master
therefore...
Aqua>Sora

Seriously. For now anyway. And by comparison and transitive property, Ven and Terra are both better than Sora at the moment as well. But he does have the potential to become a bajillion times more powerful considering that they have been out of commission for over ten years.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
what about riku, how come he dint develop as fast as sora did

Lavender13

Look guys, you are trying to have an intelligent and well thought out discussion over a VIDEO GAME. So let's just do this the easy way.

Aqua = Master
Sora =/= Master
therefore...
Aqua>Sora

Seriously. For now anyway. And by comparison and transitive property, Ven and Terra are both better than Sora at the moment as well. But he does have the potential to become a bajillion times more powerful considering that they have been out of commission for over ten years.
this is where kh3d comes in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back