• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else think Sora pales in comparison to TAV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sorafinalmix

After playing mostly through days I got to thinking... "Terra, Aqua, and Ven are way cooler than Sora ever was." I mean cooler keyblades, armor, etc..,

Anyone else agree?

*Hope this is the right section*

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Not exactly "pales in comparison" but he's got a long way to go (referring to his skills, not who's "cool")

Aquaman OS

Pretty much yeah. I now follow the series for TAV to see whatever becomes of them. Sora can dive under a tractor for all I care. He's too boring and normal.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Sora isn't quite as skillful and graceful with a keyblade, but in all fairness, it's not like he's had someone around to train him.

.:Mega:.

Awards
Of course he pales compared to TAV. Sora, while endearing in KH1 and even CoM, has become extremely 2-Dimensional and, frankly, is nothing more than Nomura's personal Gary Stu now. Terra, Aqua, and Ven all have a million times more depth than Sora as of now AND their friendship feels much stronger than SRK, which sadly is Sora-centric, whereas TAV focuses on all three of the friends. Yeah, Sora saved the worlds, so what? The bad writing in KH2 and the fact that he's become so important irks me. :/ The fact that he'll always be the main character only makes things worse.

I'd take Ventus over him any day.

TheScaryRiddle

Funny I thought TAV were way more 2D than Sora. They don't show much personality imo. And while not necessarily as strong, SRK's friendship was much much more wrought out. How they became friends, the rivalry between Sora and Riku, the complexity of Sora seeing Kairi as a friend and as an... I dunno love however you want to phrase it. And the only reason the friendship seems Sora-centric I believe is cause he's the only playable one. So you don't see the other two's PoV often if ever.

As for Sora himself, you do realize you putting him up against THREE other characters, right? Hardly fair I think.

Bottom line I'll take Sora/SRK over TAV any day.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
why do we always have to have the same arguments on this site agin and agin

.:Mega:.

Awards
That's just the thing, though. You barely EVER get to see Kairi's dynamic with Riku or any other characters, for that matter, and I hate how the SoKai love interest just feels so forced. At least with the BBS trio you didn't have to worry so much about romantic implications.

And as for them being flat, I dunno, man. Ventus has a lot of depth to his character.

First, there's the fact that he hasn't seen the outside world prior to BBS (that he can remember), so he handles things differently. When his friends fight in Radiant Garden, it's a really harsh blow because he doesn't understand -why- friends would fight. It's clear that he looks up to Terra as his friend and brother, and a lot of Terra's personality has rubbed off on him, like his blunt sense of humor. More over, it's clear that Ventus has a fair bit of insight when it comes to sentimentality, which he probably got from his Master and Aqua- maybe a little from Terra, too.

And because he's so sheltered and gets babied all the time, Ventus really hates being treated like a kid. Kid's also a bit rash, etc, etc, I could go on.

The same goes for Terra and Aqua, really. They have their own quirks and character flaws that I feel make them much stronger characters, especially Ventus and Aqua. Sora was fine in KH1, but KH2 left him with absolutely no character development, and he's just become so boring, IMO. Maybe it is unfair, but TAV and even Riku I just find to be more likeable.

Jakek9

I say Sora FTW. He's not my favorite character story wise, but Gameplay wise I'd rather have Sora. I LOVE Sora story wise, just not as much as Aqua.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Sora obviously pales in comparison to TAV. Better mastery of the keyblade and more experience.

denizenofevil

Sora's alright but after BBS, I think I like Aqua and Ventus better. I didn't care much for Terra. To be honest, my interest in KH was dying down a bit but now, I want to play more KH games to find out what happened to TAV. In a way, they renewed my interest in the series.

Xenin

Banned
Well it's three characters so let's see;
Ven to Sora: Sora and Ven fight almost exactly the same beside the way they hold there keyblade. So they are on the same level. ANd saying Ven is sheltered isn't that true. he was tuaght by MX so he is pretty strong. Even though he forgot, he still trained with Aqua and Terra and Terra said himself Ven trained with them and was just as good. And at the end he and Sora match IMO

Terra to Sora: Terra was trained his entire life by and increadible trainer as to Sora playing sword with Riku. Plus Terra was way older. Terra is stronger then him but only becuase he trained more.

Aqua to Sora: Now Aqua was crap at fighting IMO so Sora deffinetly trumps her in this field. As for magic...Sora had a quick tutorial on it by a random wizard. So maybe Aqua has the upper hand there., but he got way better in 2 and i bet he'll be better in 3.

I say Sora's better! In the end, Sora beat up the the Lingering Sentiment , Xemnas, and Xehernort the heartless so he became pretty strong and learned quick. Give Sora a little longer and then let's put him, Riku, and Mickey together (Cuase there the newest keybladers) and face them against TAV and I'm sure the first group would pwn hard!

Gram

Banned
Awards
he doesnt fail in comparisson but i think TAV has him beat.

Allister Rose

French Lover
After playing mostly through days I got to thinking... "Terra, Aqua, and Ven are way cooler than Sora ever was." I mean cooler keyblades, armor, etc..,

Anyone else agree?

*Hope this is the right section*

personally, sora has a much differnt style, and is less expirienced, plus considering this is a prequel, that is usually where the super cool characters are introduced that made up the main character in the first game.

still sora is more of a country boy (as described by nomura when he was talking about roxas design). so i much prefer sora as the inexprience keyblade wielder who noly wields it to fight for his firends and save the worlds, and if he didn't need it, we would willingly stop using it.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Skill-wise; absolutely.
Character-wise; it's tough to say. Sora's own characterization has been derailing since KH2. I would say KH1 and CoM Sora are on par with TAV. KH2+ Sora definitely pales in comparison.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I agree. KH2 Sora was a really bad character change from KH1. For some reason he got even more immature with age. Maybe it was just that one guys bad writing.

impart

Climb The Sky
Sora is BAMF

you lay off Sora!

Sora took up the task of saving the world, more than once
he took out(mostly) the entire Org XIII

fraught against heartless, and nobody's

I think the two are too different to compare, really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back