• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else think Sora pales in comparison to TAV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
He know how to weild a keyblade well due to Ventus?

dont take that as a fact but thats been my theory as of bbs
it just makes to much sesn for me
[video=youtube;4yolZeXJfrw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yolZeXJfrw&feature=related[/video]

Lumia

sora's connection to ventus is nothing when it comes to abilities and personality.

Also, comparing TAV to Sora is like forgetting what kh1 was about. The idea of sora is to be a normal guy. TAV started their lives training with the keyblade

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
But at the beginning of KH1, Sora doesn't get any help from them?

Does that brief time period where he doesn't have any help prove he is stronger than TAV?

@Taocha It doesn't matter how helpful you think they were. Setting gameplay aside, they would be kicking just as much ass as Sora. Otherwise, Sora wouldn't have bothered.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
he was asleep for a year...but it's just one year...he looks even more immature (yet too innocent) than the first one where he was daring and had guts.

in kh1 he had a warped view and hardly saw the negative side, in khCOM he was falling into a more realistic view (despite it being an illusion to him) and kh2....he just seemed autistic

EDIT:

i don't know why people want him to age. i don't see any possible moemnt where he needs to
as an autistic, i feel i should now defend my intelligence. he took a whole five seconds to understand what Mickey said about "Ansem" being Xehanort's Heartless.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
sure i am what?

either way, i'm not taking it seriosuly. it would be great if autistic people weren't autistic right? same for blind, deaf, mute.

just grow up skyfoxx...it's not like i'm comparing him to an autistic person, that's more of making fun of them. me calling sora autistic in kh2 isn't making fun of autistics unless you find sora worst than autistic.

in fact...i wasn't originally making fun of autism, but now i am. it's something people should have and should get rid of.....but i dont have problem with people who have autism

except one thing: autism, or aspergers specifically, isnt a desease, and it' not something you can get rid of.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
sure i am what?

either way, i'm not taking it seriosuly. it would be great if autistic people weren't autistic right? same for blind, deaf, mute.

just grow up skyfoxx...it's not like i'm comparing him to an autistic person, that's more of making fun of them. me calling sora autistic in kh2 isn't making fun of autistics unless you find sora worst than autistic.

in fact...i wasn't originally making fun of autism, but now i am. it's something people should have and should get rid of.....but i dont have problem with people who have autism

except one thing: autism, or aspergers specifically, isnt a desease, and it' not something you can get rid of.

EDIT: anyway, sorry for the triple-post.

just had a revelation: KH is about people helping people, but not Sora helping people. it's about people helping him. You see, Sora has D and G and Mickey and Riku and the world-specific characters helping with his quests. Good Teamwork, essentially, and he pulls through. SDG help riku break away from XH right after he makes a questionable pact with maleficent. Riku does his best to help Sora alongside Namine and DiZ. whereas both Team Evil Disney Baddies and Org. XIII, while teams, are not friends and end up being torn down by greed and distrust. helping each other for purely their own selfish reasons. Furthermore, Roxas, Terra, Aqua, Ven, and maybe Xion all do things on their own and end up getting screwed in some form, even though Ven ends up defeating Vanitas.

My conclusion: Sora's not particularly stronger than tav, nor are they stronger than he is. Sora wins when he has his friends, even if they're not fighting with him.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
@Taocha It doesn't matter how helpful you think they were. Setting gameplay aside, they would be kicking just as much ass as Sora. Otherwise, Sora wouldn't have bothered.
I realize it doesn't matter how helpful I find them, but honestly they aren't on par with a keyblade wielder. They are constantly separated from Sora, this includes the final battles of KH1 and KH2. Of course Sora would have bothered; Donald and Goofy offered Sora a way to find Riku and Kairi, then he bonded with them. Sora only leaves people behind when they can't battle at all.
I'm not arguing that Sora is stronger than TAV, I'm just arguing that he's on par.

Silverslide

I realize it doesn't matter how helpful I find them, but honestly they aren't on par with a keyblade wielder. They are constantly separated from Sora, this includes the final battles of KH1 and KH2. Of course Sora would have bothered; Donald and Goofy offered Sora a way to find Riku and Kairi, then he bonded with them. Sora only leaves people behind when they can't battle at all.
I'm not arguing that Sora is stronger than TAV, I'm just arguing that he's on par.

He isn't on par. His mastery of the keyblade is SHIT compared to TAV. The only one you could debate is on par with Sora is Ven, and his master over light and the techniques we see in BBS in general, makes that hard to debate.

How on par they are to keyblade wielders doesn't matter either. More power with numbers broham. Sora even realizes this: "My friends are my power." Whether or not is physically or spiritually, he is still getting help from his hombres. Though Ven says the line, I believe it is just bull. Sora had help for EVERY final battle. EVERY final boss Sora has fought he has done it with help. While TAV spend a majority of their time alone. Fighting on your own makes you stronger than someone who relies on friends, since you have to adapt to being alone.

If Donald and Goofy were as useless as you say they are, Sora, or themselves, would have left the party. Donald and Goofy would realize they are holding Sora back. Since we never see this, it never happens.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
He isn't on par. His mastery of the keyblade is SHIT compared to TAV. The only one you could debate is on par with Sora is Ven, and his master over light and the techniques we see in BBS in general, makes that hard to debate.

How on par they are to keyblade wielders doesn't matter either. More power with numbers broham. Sora even realizes this: "My friends are my power." Whether or not is physically or spiritually, he is still getting help from his hombres. Though Ven says the line, I believe it is just bull. Sora had help for EVERY final battle. EVERY final boss Sora has fought he has done it with help. While TAV spend a majority of their time alone. Fighting on your own makes you stronger than someone who relies on friends, since you have to adapt to being alone.

If Donald and Goofy were as useless as you say they are, Sora, or themselves, would have left the party. Donald and Goofy would realize they are holding Sora back. Since we never see this, it never happens.

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Sora isn't even CLOSE to TAV's power. What are Sora's strong moves? Ars Arcanum and Strike Raid maybe? Please! TAV has much stronger attacks, like glacier, tornado, meteor, not to mention their incredible shotlock attacks and command style finishers.

Lingering Night

Watch. Come KH3 time, Sora gonna suddenly learn how to use shotlocks.

Anyway, I'd say Soras on par with them, or at least Ventus. I think the whole skill thing is more so gameplay than story. Heck, now that I thing about it, Sora knows a shotlock. Ragnarok ;).

He clearly has more potential. He's defeated Terranorts Heartless and nobody, so he must be pretty damn strong. And to whoever said that Sora always needs his friends, well yeah, TAV did go it alone, and look how well that turned out for them. They all, in the end, lost.

Silverslide

Anyway, I'd say Soras on par with them, or at least Ventus. I think the whole skill thing is more so gameplay than story. Heck, now that I thing about it, Sora knows a shotlock. Ragnarok ;).

Still, it makes more sense for them to be more skilled, since all of them have been taught by keyblade masters, and didn't just get it and start swining.

What am I saying, of course gameplay matters.

Awards
There's really no standard by which we can measure and compare their powers. Not gameplay. And certainly not the capacity to slice buildings. It just can't be quantified and converted into generic "power." That said, we can still make a few inferences.

For example, Ven and Vanitas had to be roughly equal in power for the fusion to work. So, when we see that Aqua narrowly beats Vanitas, we can surmise, using the transitive property, that Ven is close to Aqua in power by the end of the game (maybe not equal). Additionally, the game implied, from what I understood, that Aqua and Terra were close in power as well. So, really, by the end of the game, all three of them were pretty close. The exact order is highly debatable and also probably irrelevant.

Throwing Sora into the mix is nearly impossible. We don't have anything we can objectively compare him with.
My personal estimation is that, knowing he's going for his Mark of Mastery exam, he ought to be pretty damn close to TAV in terms of power.
But I'm really not going to bother ordering them, because I feel like that ends up being nothing more than preference.

Until we get something tangible (like, say, Sora fighting Ven for whatever reason), then this is pretty senseless.

Silverslide

I still think we can use the moves TAV used in BBS, and compare contrast to the ones Sora uses. Plus you can go on the fact that TAV were professionally trained and, again, Sora picked his keyblade up and started swinging.

I think gameplay does matter.

Lavender13

that's only for gameplay issues. i doubt ventus actually uses fire glide. or turn into unversed with that prism pyramid that will be in the final mix.

comparing them by abilities i dumb. i think we shouldn't compare them at all. it's like comparing kairi to ariel, they're both princesses, but only one is a princess of light.

Davrax

I still think we can use the moves TAV used in BBS, and compare contrast to the ones Sora uses. Plus you can go on the fact that TAV were professionally trained and, again, Sora picked his keyblade up and started swinging.

I think gameplay does matter.

To be fair, Sora is doing quite well for being self-taught. Despite almost always having help.

Silverslide

To be fair, Sora is doing quite well for being self-taught. Despite almost always having help.

Yeah, but calling him on par with TAV? Aqua defeated Terranort, and Sora got overwhelmed by Xemnas, who is half of Terranort. What does that tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back