• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else playing on "Spontaneous Death" mode?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I'm getting a little miffed at "Critical Mode". Even regular field heartless can kill me with one hit. Half the time I die, I don't even know why. I'll have full health and be in a battle and BAM! Dead. Even during level grinding, I have to hit continue at least 5 times to successfully gain a level. Anyone else getting frustrated? I'm currently stuck on Dr. Finkelstein's Experiment. I think an hour is enough time to spend on that one fight for today.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Apart from the new extra bosses, I only really struggled up until the end of Beasts Castle's first visit. What level are you on?

Ven_Roxas

Awards
41, and my drives are all at level 5 except limit. What's a good strategy for the experiment?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Honestly, since first playing KH2 in 2006, all my strategy for that battle was a full on assault, using springstep whenever available.

Fortissimo

ahahahahahhahaha
Perhaps one day.

I heard they made the FM version harder than the original because you breeze right through on proud mode. So playing for the first time I went right for proud. (didn't want to get too ambitious) and spent and hour and a half trying to fight the Twilight Thorn with Roxas and wasn't making any progress. I started a new file on standard.

Though it said that you start out with some extra help if you play on critical. What do you get specifically? I'd actually like to play on critical to cross it off my bucket list.

Precursor Mar

Though it said that you start out with some extra help if you play on critical. What do you get specifically? I'd actually like to play on critical to cross it off my bucket list.

You start out with 50 AP, and you get 3 AP when you level up instead of 2. You also get Reaction Boost, Finishing Plus, Draw, two Lucky Luckys, MP Hastera, and EXP Zero on the third day.

BlazeHeatnix

I'm halfway through the game so far, and the only trouble I've had with Critical mode is all of the optional stuff. The only time I kept getting killed by mobs or anything in the main story is in Land of Dragons. Assault Riders are really hard for them to be in the first world you visit.

Fortissimo

You start out with 50 AP, and you get 3 AP when you level up instead of 2. You also get Reaction Boost, Finishing Plus, Draw, two Lucky Luckys, MP Hastera, and EXP Zero on the third day.

With all of that, wouldn't it just even it out to be the same difficulty as proud? Or is it really that much harder?

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
For some reason Demyx (2nd battle) was easy on Critical.
I was planning to fight him at Lv.40, but tried at Lv.38.
After that, I'll complete worlds based on their battle level.
Land of Dragons was a breeze, but I lost shortly afterwards to a Hammer Frame at Beast's Castle.
What the hell? Is Once More useless here!?
So, yeah, "spontaneous death mode", sounds about right.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
For me Critical was easy up until the last boss simply because I had played the original enough to remember the strategies for each boss, and they held true even in Critical. However, the endgame was mindnumbingly difficult. The data rematches were very unforgiving to me, and the minigames were also very challenging (yet fulfilling).

Just be willing to be a lot more patient during battles, and let every attempt be an opportunity to observe. If anything, I tried the AS's as soon as they were available just to watch my opponent and how they moved/attacked.

knl06

Duck Flare (donalds limit) really helped me with the experiment boss. Doesn't matter what difficulty I'm playing I usually always find myself stuck on this guy. When I can't do it after a certain amount of tries, I usually just load the party up with Ethers and Duck Flare til defeated. Then the real struggle becomes keeping donald alive....

EDIT: the limit is called Flare Force btw. Duck Flare is just the spell used.

Sorakh212

Awards
I just recently beat the game on Critical but oddly enough I'm struggling with the data fights and the 13 Mushrroms the most. I swear you need luck sometimes more than you do actual skill to beat or accomplish some of these fights and goals -__-
Xemnas second fight was pretty brutal just because of how cheap he can be at times.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Well not long after this post, I managed to breeze through the rest of the game.. Until I tackled the cavern and data and terra.. But I have successfully gained the gold crown and level 99. That level 99 made the data fights a ton easier...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i'm surprised, bbs fm critical isn't hard at all

then again i grinded to level 20, a fully-leveled shotlock and had 2-slot commands before i fought thornprick as terra

Antar

Awards
KH2FM proud mode or critical mode can be very tough in the beginning. When I played proud I, too, died several times from regular heartless, especially the Large Bodies. All you need is to know each heartless' moves so you can keep an eye out and know when to jump away or block. Fortunately, the beginning of the game takes a bit more than just mashing X, unlike what some people say.

Anagram

Banned
i'm surprised, bbs fm critical isn't hard at all

then again i grinded to level 20, a fully-leveled shotlock and had 2-slot commands before i fought thornprick as terra

I finished a level one run of BBS the day before yesterday and trust me when I say it is easy even without leveling early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back