• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else irked a bit at 0.2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Precursor Mar

You seem to forget about when EVERYONE forgot about sora due to namine's meddling. I just try not to think about little plot discrepencies like memory unless they directly contradict canon. Also I've forgotten, like, months at a time so if it can happen to me then maybe cartoon dog done goof'd.

God, I freaking knew someone was going to bring up COM.

Everyone forgot because it was part of the plot. So unless Naminé was conveniently unable to restore Dolan and Gooby's memories about the Keyblade, Yen Sid's tower and such, then it's a plot hole.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Really, guys? Justifying obvious plot holes with "hurr they forgot"?

No, people don't just forget in this series. This is Kingdom Hearts. A series where people remember things that didn't even happen to them.

I have to agree with that.
I don't mind Dolan and Gooby not remembering Ventus, to be honest, but the whole thing with them being in the tower in BBS WAS indeed a plothole. And, if I may add, such an unneeded one. They could've just NOT been there. But SE decided to put them there for no relevant reason.

Muke

whatever
Awards
No, not for no relevant reason. Everybody needs to be connected and must've met each other before after all!11!1

Infamita

I think, that in an attempt to create fanservice scenes, Square inadvertently created discrepancies without even realising it. To link back to the main topic of this thread, that 'fanservice' was the biggest problem in 0.2 (for me at least). Square was trying waaayyy too hard to make sure that "everyone needed to be connected", thusly ruining other significant moments in the series such as Blank Points, the discovery of the KKD, and the final battle of KH1 with Aqua's convenient cameo.

Other discrepancies, such as Donald and Goofy's memory loss, further confirms that there is an ongoing theme of inconsistency within the series, which makes it difficult to just shrug off and ignore. If Nomura really wants to "reconnect Kingdom Hearts", maybe he should've spent more time checking the jigsaw pieces to check that they matched.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Whether they ruined those moment or not is subjective, though. Personally, I don't think it ruined Blank Points or those other instances at all

Infamita

And that's cool, it's definitely a subjective topic. Personally, I wouldn't say it ruins Blank Points, but it certainly lessens its impact in my mind. But I'm glad you could play 0.2 and still enjoy those other instances I mentioned <3

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Luckily I never cared that much about Blank Points (because this "Sora ;_;" said by everyone was way too edgy for me), but I see why fans of it are bothered by 0.2. It just doesn't fit in.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I feel like this fanbase sometimes doesn't want themselves to enjoy something just because it has bad elements to it, and 0.2 is the definition of a great experience with a ton of issues that came with it. I had a similar experience with 0.2 as I did with Dream Drop Distance; the game is stupid, sure, but it's absolutely gorgeous and just really fun to play. I also like the story of both games, even with the glaring issues of each one, and they make me very excited for the future of the series <3

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I feel like this fanbase sometimes doesn't want themselves to enjoy something just because it has bad elements to it, and 0.2 is the definition of a great experience with a ton of issues that came with it. I had a similar experience with 0.2 as I did with Dream Drop Distance; the game is stupid, sure, but it's absolutely gorgeous and just really fun to play. I also like the story of both games, even with the glaring issues of each one, and they make me very excited for the future of the series <3

I wouldn't call it that. For example, no matter how hard I tried, I just can't force myself to like the gameplay of 3D. It's AWFUL imo. Just like BBS was. The keyblade feels like useless trash, I felt zero fun using it. Sure, sometimes fans are being pessimistic, but while I think 0.2 is already better, it's still so...chunky.
I'm just one of those people who think KH2 had one of the best control feelings in video gaming. :/ And I want that back at least similarly, lol.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Luckily I never cared that much about Blank Points (because this "Sora ;_;" said by everyone was way too edgy for me), but I see why fans of it are bothered by 0.2. It just doesn't fit in.
what is "edgy" about a symbolic scene of hope.

sentimental? cheesy? over the top? sure. but it's not really edgy. edgy tends to signify something that is like, fake dark, extreme or provocative.

and like, no one is even sad in that scene. they are all smiling, and even the only person who does cry does it out of hope....

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'm big into grinding in video games, so I guess the command deck system appealed to me as something to work for. That's also what I like about this fanbase; everyone seems to have a completely different, unique experience with each game (except for chain of memories, most people seem to agree it's trash (even though I love it)).

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
what is "edgy" about a symbolic scene of hope.

sentimental? cheesy? over the top? sure. but it's not really edgy. edgy tends to signify something that is like, fake dark, extreme or provocative.

and like, no one is even sad in that scene. they are all smiling, and even the only person who does cry does it out of hope....

I'm just not a big fan of those scenes where a lot of characters randomly "pray" to the same person as their key of hope. Whoever liked it - good for them - for me it just seemed too much, similar to the weird usage of "may your heart be your guiding key" in 2.8.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm just going to agree KH's plot is flawed as fuck, convoluted as fuck, and confusing as fuck that it makes others drag away from it more, but...

I still really enjoyed 0.2. KH's plot was never the best, but the visuals, gameplay, and Aqua (imo) are what made me love the hell out of it. I would've preferred the full KH3 game, but I liked what we've got.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Anyone here irked we never got a Birth by Sleep Volume II in full? I would kill to see what Nomura planned for the full game, what do you guys think?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'm just going to agree KH's plot is flawed as diddly, convoluted as diddly, and confusing as diddly that it makes others drag away from it more, but...

I still really enjoyed 0.2. KH's plot was never the best, but the visuals, gameplay, and Aqua (imo) are what made me love the hell out of it. I would've preferred the full KH3 game, but I liked what we've got.
This. And given that KH2 exists, I find it pretty hard to buy that Back Cover or 0.2 could really be the new "low points" for KH script and writing.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
i don't really know what y'all are on about with the writing in 2.8 being awful in a dialogue sense. it is certainly no worse than any other kingdom hearts game. in many ways it's even a big improvement.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
i don't really know what y'all are on about with the writing in 2.8 being awful in a dialogue sense. it is certainly no worse than any other kingdom hearts game. in many ways it's even a big improvement.

I like it too :) I guess people are talking about scenes like the really awkward lines between Kairi and Riku at the end of the game. Like, did they just meet each other? What's with the insanely awkward small talk? God, I miss Hayden. That and the occasional monologue from Birth by Sleep can be monotonous. I don't know, I actually thought the writing of Back Cover was quite good; I actually feel like they can give Xemnas a real character for once in the last game if they put their mind to it xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back