• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else dissapointed with the Amount of Worlds in 358 days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
It's being pushed at a graphical standpoint, if that wasn't already obvious.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Oh yeah, Pointing out something about Chain of Memories's 13 worlds. They are randomly generated through cards, so it only uses a few assets anyway. Randomly-Generated reuses the same assets, therefore saving space.

In 358/2 Day's case, these are actual locations and NOT randomly generated, therefore taking up more space compared to the random-generated worlds in COM.

Iridium

Awards
In 358/2 Day's case, these are actual locations and NOT randomly generated, therefore taking up more space compared to the random-generated worlds in COM.

Umm... the worlds in CoM were prerendered and so are the ones in Days :L just not in two dimensions. Random generation is completely different from prerendered environments; know the difference.

[EDIT]

what if it isnt? what if it can hold that much potential? and no its not obvious just look at any other 3d DS game...

I meant as in particle physics, frame rate etc. it sure as hell isn't the best looking on the DS but is definitely not the shittiest looking either. But graphics are only a small portion; doesn't mean shit if the gameplay sucks.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Umm... the worlds in CoM were prerendered and so are the ones in Days :L just not in two dimensions. Random generation is completely different from prerendered environments; know the difference.

...wha? I said that the Locations you traverse through in Chain of Memories were not the same, therefore you use the Room Synthesis and depending on the card, the room will differ. That's re-using tile-sets, which COM has re-used a lot. No matter what you look at it, these locations weren't fixed, but generated through the card.

They had to use a lot more resources/tile sets for Days, therefore taking up more room. And looking at it, no matter where you travel, it will still be the same location in Days. In COM, it's always different depending on the card.

xjeezlouisx

I'll Hit You Harder Than Meth
Website
www.myspace.com
I meant as in particle physics, frame rate etc. it sure as hell isn't the best looking on the DS but is definitely not the shittiest looking either. But graphics are only a small portion; doesn't mean shit if the gameplay sucks.

aha ok then forget whatever I said x0]

Iridium

Awards
...wha? I said that the Locations you traverse through in Chain of Memories were not the same, therefore you use the Room Synthesis and depending on the card, the room will differ. That's re-using tile-sets, which COM has re-used a lot. No matter what you look at it, these locations weren't fixed, but generated through the card.

FFFFFFFFFFFF misinterpretation, I thought you meant as a whole not the special rooms.

aha ok then forget whatever I said x0]

Don't worry about it, I should have elaborated more in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back