• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else dislike...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
i also kind of think the bbs (and spin-off hate) is a better overdone, at least when it comes to the gameplay. personally i found every game developed by osaka to be fun and enjoyable to play. sure they aren't perfect and there are some over-powered moves. but if it bothers the vocal dissenters that much i don't see why they just don't... use those moves? yeah megaflare was ridiculous, so don't use it then lol.
That's what I've been thinking! No one's forcing you to use the OP moves... heck, during my first half-dozen replays of DDD, I didn't touch the Balloon spells once. Sure, the gameplay is easily broken, but that doesn't mean that you have to fill your deck with nothing but Surges and a Curaga or two.

It's like starting a Pokemon game, sending over a Lv. 100 'mon over, then complaining that OHKOing everything is too easy. Yeah, you CAN get an overpowered 'mon as soon as you're able to trade. Does that mean you must do that, or that the game is broken if that's what you decide to do? No!

Vulpeus1041

That's what I've been thinking! No one's forcing you to use the OP moves... heck, during my first half-dozen replays of DDD, I didn't touch the Balloon spells once. Sure, the gameplay is easily broken, but that doesn't mean that you have to fill your deck with nothing but Surges and a Curaga or two.

It's like starting a Pokemon game, sending over a Lv. 100 'mon over, then complaining that OHKOing everything is too easy. Yeah, you CAN get an overpowered 'mon as soon as you're able to trade. Does that mean you must do that, or that the game is broken if that's what you decide to do? No!

I got the ddd on the 3ds, bought it only to play that one, only to have it remade so quickly and Rob me of my money
In short, I never used the balloon ability our dream eaters

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Mhm, and personally, I don't like KH2. I don't like having abilities that I would like early in the game be attached to drive forms that I find tedious.

Struggling in games is not in my nature, I get easily frustrated and it disrupts my immersion in the rest of the world, which I buy these games for the story, the disney, and the fluidity - I don't really care how I'm killing Heartless when it comes down to it, so long as I'm not always doing the same thing in every game.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
So few work? It may have been flawed, but the Osaka team definitely worked very hard on that game. They invented new concepts that the series has been using for five years, and even though it's not a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination, the BBS team has consistently been cranking out enjoyable stuff since it started working on the series. Personally, I think the BBS hate that's shown up over the past couple of years it the result of hive-mind. Like, if you take the three games of that phase of the saga I'll take BBS over Days a thousand times, and for that matter, coded. (even though I really like coded)

Anything can be linked to the Hive Mind argument. There are legit reasons why people dislike BBS, Days or any other game in the series for that matter. Since we're on BBS here are some vocal and valid reasons why people dislike BBS:

• No strategies: only dodging and commands
  • The secret bosses are broken and force you into a tedious strategy(Same with Julius in DDD)
  • The narrative and development(can be said for any other entry as well)

Note every game in this series has problems and people have opinions so lets not dismiss other's opinions just because they're not completely positive(Unless they're trolls). You can still enjoy a game and call out its flaws.

Echoecho6

Awards
lol this was more about me, I made the flowmotion thread. Sorry. You are probably right in the sense that I shouldn't need to have a post about that, but personally I saw more people say how they liked flowmotion than dislike and I wanted to talk with some people that felt the same way I did so I made the topic.

Wonderful

Awards
I got the ddd on the 3ds, bought it only to play that one, only to have it remade so quickly and Rob me of my money
by the time the 2.8 comes out ddd will be like 4.5 years old. that's not exactly "quick". that's half a decade (oh god that's half a decade)

Mhm, and personally, I don't like KH2. I don't like having abilities that I would like early in the game be attached to drive forms that I find tedious.

Struggling in games is not in my nature, I get easily frustrated and it disrupts my immersion in the rest of the world, which I buy these games for the story, the disney, and the fluidity - I don't really care how I'm killing Heartless when it comes down to it, so long as I'm not always doing the same thing in every game.
same here.

No strategies: only dodging and commands
that feels like a complaint that could be made about every game in the series? are there really strategies in kh2 aside from "mash x a lot, sometimes triangle"?

Vulpeus1041

by the time the 2.8 comes out ddd will be like 4.5 years old. that's not exactly "quick". that's half a decade (oh god that's half a decade)

same here.

that feels like a complaint that could be made about every game in the series? are there really strategies in kh2 aside from "mash x a lot, sometimes triangle"?

Oh Lord it feels like I just got it, almost five years? The 2.8 ddd better be more hd. I say I won't buy it but I will end up preordering it haha

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
The negative spectrum of any audience tends to be VERY vocal about whatever it is that they hate. It annoys me and makes me kind of sad that those people can't enjoy something that I really enjoyed, but what can you do about it...
This. This is me with everything, ever. I'd much rather look at all the good things, and be grateful for what we're getting, rather than focus on what was bad about something (I guess you could say I'm very much like Sora, in that sense); I don't like negativity, criticism or scepticism particularly, so I tend to get down really easily over even the smallest things. But that's mostly because negativity on the internet, in most cases, isn't constructive or balanced out. When you look at something negatively, you should at least be able to say "adversely", or "on the other hand", and bring up something good to level out the thing you see as bad that you're discussing. But online, it generally tends to be "this thing is garbage" seldom with reasoning, and then throw insults and slurs at anyone who tries to say otherwise or offer their two cents.

It's not this site specifically, or this fandom. It happens everywhere, and to everything, as with positivity comes negativity; if someone sees something as bad or wrong, they'll hold it to whatever it originated from for as long as they live, and be all too vocal about expressing that opinion, often as if it's fact. A good chunk of the Final Fantasy fandom is like that with FFXIII because "it doesn't feel like Final Fantasy" or "it's too linear". The Sonic fandom is like that with those games in general because "it's all been downhill since Sonic Adventure". No-one can really be left to themselves to see the good in things without being reminded of what someone else sees as bad - to do that, I think people would have to quit the internet and become hermits.

As sad as it is to say, that kind of negativity is just the way things are. That isn't to say you have to like it, but it is what it is; the best thing you can do is to simply disregard such negativity, unless it's constructive or open for discussion.

I'm sure a lot of this has been a bit of a ramble and digresses considerably from the topic at hand, so I promptly apologise for that.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

same here.

Which is why I kept repeating that it can argued for any entry. However you can't deny that dodging is more prominent in BBS than any other entry, but anyways my point was: Why are we dismissing criticisms and manipulating outlooks? I find it more disturbing when fans dismiss valid criticisms than trolls complaining.

EDIT: Listen guys I get it, nobody likes getting their favorite things insulted but internet and fandom culture makes this very hard to prevent. Even well meaning and caring people will criticize your favorite show or game. The problems lies with trolls or assholes not explaining why they feel that way.

Wander

I've done my fair share of theorycrafting and speculation. Truth is, when you've been with a series for as long as a lot of people have been with Kingdom Hearts you just eventually become a bit jaded. You're still here because you still like the series but you start to see its ridiculously glaring flaws.

Years and months at a time with little to no information also doesn't help fans keep interest in the convoluted story (cue "it's not convoluted you just don't understand it!!" responses). Because let's be honest, I cannot give the slightest shit about whatever these "Lost Masters" and spooky books are.

Theorycrafters and intelligent posters are burned out, at least a lot of the decent ones. That's my take on it. Besides, shitposting is pretty fun.

Vulpeus1041

I mostly like to theorize about what their Keyblades will look like, like is Axel going to have fire themed keyblades from every level, like a lantern theme Keyblade in tangled level, olympic flame theme in Olympus, also if other characters will have this weapon transforming ability, axel would have his keyblades turn into chackrams, and that makes me think that that is why they are taking a while, they are making lots of keyblades for everyone and alt weapons.
I think bbs would have been cooler if everyone had their own keyblades and not the same ones. Would have been a great incentive to play the same levels three times

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Anything can be linked to the Hive Mind argument. There are legit reasons why people dislike BBS, Days or any other game in the series for that matter. Since we're on BBS here are some vocal and valid reasons why people dislike BBS:

• No strategies: only dodging and commands
  • The secret bosses are broken and force you into a tedious strategy(Same with Julius in DDD)
  • The narrative and development(can be said for any other entry as well)

Note every game in this series has problems and people have opinions so lets not dismiss other's opinions just because they're not completely positive(Unless they're trolls). You can still enjoy a game and call out its flaws.

I absolutely said it was flawed before saying anything else.

I am 100% here for exactly what you said. I don't think I made it clear that my opinion comes from seeing virtually the same response to BBS and in turn feeling like a counter argument should at least be put out there.

The series in general is flawed and those flaws are becoming more glaring over time. So yes with the remixes the new criticism was bound to come up and the nostalgia fades but context.
You seem to be acting like we're defensive for our equally valid criticism? like, nobody's mad here, take it down two notches

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Naw man I ain't bothered I just didn't agree with the hive mind comment you made.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Naw man I ain't bothered I just didn't agree with the hive mind comment you made.

*whispers* but it's my opinion.

I stand by what I said, regardless of whether it applies to you or any one individual. Three years of radio silence then DDD rolls around and everyone takes issue with the command deck when very few people took issue with it at launch?Almost as infuriating as Atlantica hate? Like, learn to lock on, people.

Anyway, the fanbase DOES drive me nuts and it always has - but actually it's gotten a lot better? In olden days, everything was prepubescent kids screaming at eachother with homophobia and illegible grammar. Now? When people argue or are negative it's still usually about stuff that's valid, and Kingdom Hearts shouldn't get by repeating the same mistakes for a dozen years.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I get it, but can't you see how easy it is to group a large amount of people like that to dismiss their opinions? Though I understand what you mean because it happens to anything in the media. For some voicing criticisms at launch can be controversial(like Force Awakens) so over time people gather together and feel the confidence to voice their criticisms.

For others the flaws aren't apparent until the hype high fades away, though that's not my point.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Sure, but there's a difference between criticisms and hate.

Like, KH2 has its moments, but when it came out a lot of people considered it to be the holy grail of gaming, and when IGN posted that fair review of it? They lost their mind. So much so that they had to go back in video form and further explain why they did what they did - IGN doesn't treat KH well, but that event was the start of the KH fandom hating them.

So, I also get what you're saying, but I think there's a fine line between a large group of people having the exact same opinion and that word that seemed to set you off.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Let me be clear, I'm not saying that I think the series is perfect, and I'm not saying everyone has to have the same opinion. It just seems like the only really positive posts I see are the ones immediately after a trailer is released.
All these new mechanics are options to use in battle. Not ones you have to use.
I just find it annoying when the same things are the things that get complained about all the time.

Here's the list:
Flowmotion (just about everything about it)
Shotlocks being OP
Megaflare being OP
Balloon being OP
Reaction commands/QTEs
The graphics
Not being shown a trailer
Only being shown the trailer you were never shown

Those are just the ones I can think of right now, but those have been going on since e3.
And please don't think this means I hate this community. I don't. I just know that ever since Larxene used to post so much negativity, it seems to have spread even though she's not here anymore.
And to the person who started the flowmotion thread, I didn't mean to be so direct and rude, it was mostly an example.

The Rocky Shoe

Really the more I think about it the more I get disappointed about it. They're bringing everything special mechanic from almost every game, but yet it seems that they're not bringing Drives back, one of the things I liked about the KH gameplay the most. There's already enough options that Drives aren't really necessary, but it'd be sensible to have it have relevance since there so much to do with it.

Like his Anti-Form. Basically showing Sora's Darkness and all it's power. It's defense and endurance is horrendous for Sora having so little Darkness is what I speculate. Also how he could control his Darkness while in that form.

But if what I think will happen become true then at least give me some justification on why his Drive clothes has to go.

Really everyone basically said why things aren't perfect with the games and the forums but really it'd feel like Goku giving up his Super Saiyan states for a transformation that makes him look more handsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back