• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone Else Disappointed by Lea's Significance?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Leon's kind of an idiot. He'd be like... 12 when the Invasion happened. How can a 12 year old protect an entire world?

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Lea and Isa's cameo was nice to see. Isa's change of character from Saix made me say "wtf happened" after I saw his cameo.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
As I already said, Lea and Isa's appearance was the driving point for Ven's story in the second half of the game...

"Second half of the game"? He snapped out of it after a world and a half, going back to keeping his old friends. That leaves him with Disney Town and half of the Coliseum since that's where he snapped out of it.

I really would relate Ven's behavior more to meeting Lea and Isa in general and having Lea want to befriend Ven, rather than Lea's explanation of Axel's catchphrase. Ven never cared about living forever, but having friends was all he ever remembered. Terra and Aqua and Eraqus were always by his side and now Terra and Aqua basically "broke up" before his eyes. Terra had the whole freaky 'save me when I'm dying' bit and Aqua barked at him to go home and left. He was looking for comfort, not "living forever" like Lea.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Leon's kind of an idiot. He'd be like... 12 when the Invasion happened. How can a 12 year old protect an entire world?

dude leon like 27 now so in bbs he would be 17
which was the age he was when his game took place where he did himslef have to fight a witch
i was dissapointed not to see him plus it would have been a chance for us to se rhinoa

Lavender13

maybe we could've seen Rinoa too. I think Terra's story needed more than just Braig and it would be fitting for Terra to meet him.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
maybe we could've seen Rinoa too. I think Terra's story needed more than just Braig and it would be fitting for Terra to meet him.

well i noticed that certain character where almost just forced to never meet so te story could make sense in the future even thogh it does not

Lavender13

maybe, i think it wouldn't have made much of a difference. like mickey noticing a resemblance to Xehanort apprentice but not saying anything

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
dude leon like 27 now so in bbs he would be 17
which was the age he was when his game took place where he did himslef have to fight a witch
i was dissapointed not to see him plus it would have been a chance for us to se rhinoa

Exactly. If he fought a Sorceress that could end all of time in FFVIII, his KH counterpart could have probably fought to save his world. Of course both versions are different in some ways.

Nomura had wanted Rinoa, considering she is generally a character thrown about by fans to be in the game. But I think he didn't want to center on the B plot too much. He should have though, because it would have been interesting and gave B plot more fleshing out.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Nomura had wanted Rinoa, considering she is generally a character thrown about by fans to be in the game. But I think he didn't want to center on the B plot too much. He should have though, because it would have been interesting and gave B plot more fleshing out.

I kind of wish he'd have done to Leon and Rinoa now half of what he did with Cloud and his story buddies. :\
I mean hell, even that story got a bit more info given about in BBS with Zack. @A@;

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I kind of wish he'd have done to Leon and Rinoa now half of what he did with Cloud and his story buddies. :\
I mean hell, even that story got a bit more info given about in BBS with Zack. @A@;

It did. I feel like sending a very well written letter to Nomura (in the best Japanese I can muster) to give us Leon plot. ;_; Give us Rinoa...Or Ellone...Or Laguna...Anything to flesh out Squall's plot.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What irks me is that they have basis for doing so by showing us what happened when Radiant Garden turned into Hollow Bastion :\ but even if they go the distance I don't see it being anything beyond Organization fanservice.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Your'e right.......Not only did he barely appear at all, but I was actually expecting a mini-boss fight against him with Ven's wooden Keyblade. Instead, the scene just whizzed past me in about 20 seconds. It's almost like.....he didn't need to really be there, but Square-Enix thought "
Why the hell not?"
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Your'e right.......Not only did he barely appear at all, but I was actually expecting a mini-boss fight against him with Ven's wooden Keyblade. Instead, the scene just whizzed past me in about 20 seconds. It's almost like.....he didn't need to really be there, but Square-Enix thought "
Why the hell not?"
Spoiler Spoiler Show

This. Not being able to fight Lea was disappointing to me. I'll be pissed if they add that in FM

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why the hell not?"
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yeah. This. I had really wanted to fight Lea. It would have been cute like how in KH1 we got to fight Selphie, Wakka, Tidus, Riku, and Leon. Or like KH2 with the struggle matches.

Lea could have been that one battle we got that was lighthearted like the tutorial battles at the beginning.

What irks me is that they have basis for doing so by showing us what happened when Radiant Garden turned into Hollow Bastion :\ but even if they go the distance I don't see it being anything beyond Organization fanservice.

Yeah. D: I mean, unless they figure out how to make it a major part of the plot later on (since it already is important, but not major).

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah. D: I mean, unless they figure out how to make it a major part of the plot later on (since it already is important, but not major).

My problem is that about the only way in which this'll become relevant is if something happened between Braig and Xehanort to directly affect future plot. And even if Ienzo ends up being more than just a highly sensitive orphan, that still leaves too many unrelated Apprentices.
What saddens me is that their stories don't really have justification to be introduced. I mean, on all levels, even in Days, the Organization members' pasts don't mean squat since they're not a direct part of Sora's story. Braig and Ienzo are different since Braig is shaping up to be the next big antagonist besides Xehanort (like Marluxia in CoM only on a wider scale) and Ienzo is not only this highly sensitive kid but is also the one who made AtW build his Heart-lab. But anything else... meh. They still show them for fanservice because of their popularity but they have nothing of any true value to show.

they basically bitched slapped all the KH fans by not making a boss fight out of this

Not really. Setting aside the fact that Ven was in no condition for a fight, even a sparring match, not 100% of the fandom are Axel/Lea's bitches D:
I'm a lot more irked that scene was even there than there being no boss fight.

Lavender13

I wasn't really expecting much, but they should've at least let them walk around so meeting terra or aqua could've been canon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back