• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else confused by "A Fragmentary Message"? *Spoilers*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HK Motendra

Awards
The end of the Secret Episode, after that heartless boss battle, we suddenly find Aqua in what appears to be a dark variant of Castle of Dreams, followed by clips of of various scenes in previous games, and ending with Xehanort (and then into his other selves) at Destiny Islands, before getting the closing message of Reconnect: Birth By Sleep Volume 2. I saw that was just..... WHAT. THERE'S A VOLUME TWO?!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There is no Volume II. There was a shelved Kingdom Hearts title but we know nothing about it beyond the fact it existed.

Nomura has spoken about BBSv2 post-KH3D by stating that a story about the secret ending exists.

You can read his comments on the subject in our interview with Nomura.

Exclusive: KHInsider Interviews Tetsuya Nomura! - Interviews - Kingdom Hearts Insider

As to what the ending means, Aqua runs across Castle of Dreams because it has been destroyed and is in the Realm of Darkness. Fans believe if we had learned more about BBSv2, we would have seen more destroyed worlds before Sora restored them at the end of KH1.

The Sora vanishing thing and flashing Xehanort...personally I think that implied how Xehanort had chosen him as a vessel, and that Xehanort was returning in KH3D.

It also shows what Riku was doing during Days (watching Roxas and Xion), and the start of Mickey's journey into the RoD likely when he was looking for Kingdom Key Dark. Also shows when DiZ and Namine stick their data and messages into Sora/the journal. And likely Kairi post-KH2 finding answers of her own over things.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Nah, it was something like an idea back then, for a future game, but I guess they just abandoned it

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Yeah, Birth by Sleep Vol. 2 was going to be a thing, but from what I'm understanding the executives at Square said "NO MORE HANDHELD GAMES!" and the project was shelved.

Though, we might see some elements of this project in future games. Maybe...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, Birth by Sleep Vol. 2 was going to be a thing, but from what I'm understanding the executives at Square said "NO MORE HANDHELD GAMES!" and the project was shelved.

Though, we might see some elements of this project in future games. Maybe...

Err no, not really as DDD was also a handheld game and was made instead of the KH mystery game rumored to be BBSv2.
I also recall Nomura stating that there were only "bits and pieces" of a story that weren't yet fully fleshed out anyways.

The best (and most realistic) expectation would be either having those elements addressed somewhere in KH III itself or possibly in a KH DDD and/or X[chi] HD release as part of the preparation for KH III.
Re: Coded received some new stuff for 2.5 HD, so going the same route again would probably easy to accomplish.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Actually, for a period of time the mystery game, Re:coded, and KH3D were all in dev (at varying stages) at the same time. Then Re:coded came out, the mystery game was shelved, and KH3D was all that remained.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Actually, for a period of time the mystery game, Re:coded, and KH3D were all in dev (at varying stages) at the same time. Then Re:coded came out, the mystery game was shelved, and KH3D was all that remained.

The time travel could have been used a different way. It would have been nice if they elaborated on the white doors that allowed Sora, Donald and Goofy to time travel to Timeless River.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The time travel could have been used a different way. It would have been nice if they elaborated on the white doors that allowed Sora, Donald and Goofy to time travel to Timeless River.
I agree, of all the new concepts of KH3D Xehanort's time travel feels the most tacked on.

kingchoch

Well, the way I see it is that there were fundamental differences between how Xehanort's and Merlin's time traveling methods worked and what you were able to do with them.

Xehanort's method was to abandon his body to he was able to freely move through time. However, he can only move through time once and through one direction. This means that all he could do is go BACK in time to his original self (Young Xehanort) and teach him how to move forward through time (while abandoning your body but not becoming a Heartless?). In this method though, the past cannot be changed. The past is constant, and the only thing that can be changed is the future (in this case, by "picking up" various forms of Xehanort throughout time).
Merlin's method was to provide a corridor which allowed SDG to go back to a specific point in time at a specific location (the grounds for Disney Castle). One thing that is different about this method is that SDG did not have to forfeit their bodies in order to do this. Their appearance changed, but they still kept basically everything that they had. Another difference is that they did have to be extremely careful as to what they did in the past, because the past can actually now be changed by anything that SDG would do (Donald probably had something up his sleeves, but who even knows?).

Awards
Err no, not really as DDD was also a handheld game and was made instead of the KH mystery game rumored to be BBSv2.
I also recall Nomura stating that there were only "bits and pieces" of a story that weren't yet fully fleshed out anyways.

Uh no. 3D was not made instead of it.
BBSFM wasn't even revealed until AFTER 3D was revealed. And it's first trailer premiered the month BBSFM released.

It was halted most likely because KH3 had to be started once 3D's development was finished, plus plans of 1.5 had been made. There was no time.

When we were discussing in the Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Ultimania, you mentioned that there were 2 new Kingdom Hearts titles other than Kingdom Hearts III coming up. One coming out in 2010, and one more being announced in 2011. It seems the title releasing in 2010 was Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, but what about the other one? Were you referring to Kingdom Hearts 3D or Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix?

Nomura: No, at the time of that interview I intended to hint toward a different project. However, focusing my energy on Kingdom Hearts 3D and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix comes first. Since a new Secret Episode is revealed in the Birth By Sleep Final Mix, I definitely want it to be seen. I think when you see it you’ll be excited for future developments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back