• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone accidentally skipped a Kingdom Hearts game or saw spoilers?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jahob000

I'm a long time casual fan since 2004. I beat the game and didn't know what to expect until the cliffhanger at the end of the game and the secret trailers. I remember seeing the game on GBA but ignored it since a lot of games that got ported on there were essentially the same but with minor differences. I couldn't have been more wrong...Finally 2006 KH2 comes out and I have NO clue what the heck is going on. Who the heck was this new kid. Where was Sora and everyone else? I thought it was weird for the game to leave you in the dark. I figured I would find out more as I played. Only parts got explained but nothing explained of why they were sleep for a year. It's the end of the game and I still don't know what the heck happened.

I did some research after beating the game and I couldn't believe it. By skipping the GBA game that I thought was a port of the first one, I missed the most crucial parts of the story! I was so upset at myself. Mostly because I now have a strange perspective of certain characters of the game. I feel like I lost some important revelations and other first time experiences. Kind of like seeing the Star Wars prequels first. The best way I can explain it is that when we all see the KH3 trailers and news that pops up, we KNOW what all the things mean because we've waited for them for years. I feel like I spoiled my experience.

In any case, I'm only bringing this up because I am playing 1.5+2.5 on the PS4 and just beat Sora's story on Re:CoM. Obviously I played this on GBA about 12 years ago when I realized I skipped it but this opens up some old wounds lol.

Sorry I know that was drawn out.

Anyone else have any similar stories of skipping or catching spoilers of the series?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Can’t say I relate to this at all but my best friend had a case of this.

She started playing at KH3D. She loved what she was playing but was confused over the more specific details and callbacks. I was absolutely appalled. I begged her to stop and gave her my copy of 1.5 + 2.5 so she would start at KH1.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I love your post because it's so true! Also, don't feel bad or let it ruin your experience. It happened to a lot of the general fandom.

People thought these games are inconsequential, because they weren't numbered, or they were just handhelds, or -insert any other arbitrary reason here-. But they are the first to sort of clamor the games are too convoluted. Glad you were able to do your research, even if it did spoil some things. The series was still relatively in infancy when CoM was released, so hopefully you've enjoyed a lot of other surprises along the way.

I'm sort of backing away from X/Unchained X/Union Cross material myself until further notice, since I'm not playing the game anymore. I haven't seen Back Cover either, so I have to watch which topics sprout up here and there and evade them. I like experiencing these games myself without being spoiled, even if they aren't major plot points.

This reminds me though, we attended the KH Orchestra tour with another couple, and I kind of felt bad for them because they hadn't played a few of the games, and the montages shown are just swathes of spoilerific details. They would mention (in intermission), "I didn't remember that. Which one was Days? Who is the blue-haired girl?" Also, it was kind of hilarious.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I have a bad habit of being very impatient and wanting to know all the plot details/secrets immediately in almost any piece of media. I have intentionally spoiled so many game, movie, TV, etc plots for myself over the years. I'm finally growing out of that now though, and I have no intention to do that with KH3. But, I did do it with every KH previous game. As soon as the JP version of the games would come out, I would go on YouTube and watch all the cutscenes, even though I had no idea what was being said because translations weren't yet available.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
BBS didn't grab my attention enough for me to finish it. Ended up hearing about everything from others.

Meow Wow

Awards
This was pretty much me when starting the series since I played out of order so I got a lot of large spoilers and confusion. Especially since my first was 358/2 Days.
Eventually I got caught up but seeing the spoilers kinda ruined the emotional investment later on because I knew what was going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back