• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anybody Read the TWEWY Manga?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I just got curious the other day if there was a manga for TWEWY, and I was positive I would come up with nothing when I searched because surely I would have heard of it before, right?

Wrong. It does exists, albeit there are only 2 chapters. Apparently it was worked on by Shiro Amano, the same guy that did the Kingdom Hearts manga.

At 2 chapters it's obvious this isn't very in-depth. It's a shame really, I bet a manga covering the events of the game would have been really cool. These chapters kind of skim over the premise and then it's more of a gag on different in-game stuff. It was neat to read as a fan, I just wish it got more of a "proper" manga. This feels more like it was just promotional (which it very well may have been).
fa912bf658271977f2e0e8dc4b425920.jpg

Belluga

Awards
Hi i just finished reading it unfortunately it only has 2 chapters (one shot), i like the storyline and the style of the picture. for all the manga The World Ends With You deserves to be continued ^^

Max

Staff member
Awards
Hi i just finished reading it unfortunately it only has 2 chapters (one shot), i like the storyline and the style of the picture. for all the manga The World Ends With You deserves to be continued ^^
I also liked the art, I think Shiro Amano's art style lends itself well to both KH and TWEWY.

Rather than continue this, I would hope if they ended up having any interest in doing more TWEWY manga they just restart from scratch, even if Amano stayed attached.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Yeah it pretty much was just a two-shot promo manga for the game. That said, it was pretty good for what it’s worth. I could see a new manga happening, but maybe based more on NEO or the anime. In any case, with Amano-san working on KH3, we’d probably be getting a different artist working on it if it did happen. Either that or we get a mid-serialisation break like with KH2 taking a break for Days

Max

Staff member
Awards
Yeah it pretty much was just a two-shot promo manga for the game. That said, it was pretty good for what it’s worth. I could see a new manga happening, but maybe based more on NEO or the anime. In any case, with Amano-san working on KH3, we’d probably be getting a different artist working on it if it did happen. Either that or we get a mid-serialisation break like with KH2 taking a break for Days
I do wonder what route they'd decide to take if they did decide to do a serialized manga for TWEWY. Would they start with the first game, or just jump into a Neo adaptation? I feel like they'd start with the first, but who knows.

And I wouldn't mind if someone other than Amano worked on it, but I do think he'd do a good job if he had the chance.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I remember this. It's one of the reasons I had hoped for Dream Drop Distance manga, because at only two chapters, bundling it as bonus content might have been the best bet for a physical release.

Perhaps a second Shiro Amano artbook would be more realistic wishful thinking.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I remember this. It's one of the reasons I had hoped for Dream Drop Distance manga, because at only two chapters, bundling it as bonus content might have been the best bet for a physical release.

Perhaps a second Shiro Amano artbook would be more realistic wishful thinking.
You know, I never realized that there wasn't a Dream Drop manga, and now I see several of the games didn't get manga adaptations. Here I was in lala land not having read since Kingdom Hearts 2 Volume 2 (back when Tokyo Pop stopped localizing it), and then I knew Yen Press picked it up and I assumed the series kept going on it's merry way all this time.

That really would have been perfect as a neat little way of releasing these TWEWY chapters physically and localized.

D

Deleted member 263385

ye i have read it and my god it was such a rushed mess.

Ulmer White

Awards
I just got curious the other day if there was a manga for TWEWY, and I was positive I would come up with nothing when I searched because surely I would have heard of it before, right?

Wrong. It does exists, albeit there are only 2 chapters. Apparently it was worked on by Shiro Amano, the same guy that did the Kingdom Hearts manga.

At 2 chapters it's obvious this isn't very in-depth. It's a shame really, I bet a manga covering the events of the game would have been really cool. These chapters kind of skim over the premise and then it's more of a gag on different in-game stuff. It was neat to read as a fan, I just wish it got more of a "proper" manga. This feels more like it was just promotional (which it very well may have been).
View attachment 14241

I love dystopias very much and one of my favorite dystopias, which I would like to advise absolutely everyone to read, is 1984. A lot of this book echoes Zamyatin's famous dystopia "We". On the site https://artscolumbia.org/free-essays/1984/ I read some interesting studies about the 1984 book and about comparison with other dystopias.
The plot and the form of the writing are incredible.

Last edited:
Back