• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anybody like the Little Mermaid World ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokie

Everybody seems to hate this world and many believe that it's one of the worst worlds within the KH universe. But I actually loved this world, the singing is a bit cringe, but it was also really fun and cute and made a nice break. The only thing I was disappointed about was how there were no Poor Unfortunate Souls. They had Under The Sea and Ariel's famous song, but the best song in the movie was missing.

What about you? Did you like this world too?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Not especially. The KH original songs weren't very good, and as someone who enjoyed fighting alongside Ariel in KH1, it was disappointing to have the world reduced to a minigame factory with only one gimmick (rhythm stuff). The random return of Ursula and the limp retread of the Disney film's storyline (something which they mercifully avoided in KH1) also didn't help.

I wouldn't have minded the singing bits if there was some actual exploration of the world offered in addition to that, but taken on their own the song routines just didn't make for a compelling world.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I absolutely love it in KH2.

In KH1 it was...low on my preference list. I disliked the swimming controls, and I while I liked the IDEA of it, I found the issue of trying to get the dolphin to take you up the current to be irritating. Not to mention the stupid shark that is hard to block because I can't use guard, and both ursula fights being kind of an irritating mess as well. Ariel is an amazing party member, though, and I really enjoyed the cut scenes and overall story line of the world. So it isn't like I dislike it in KH1, but it does make me a little frustrated.

In KH2 the musicals absolutely do not fail to make me smile every time. There is just something undeniably adorable about it. And I suuuuuuck at rhythm games but sometimes it is really nice to see SDG having a jam of a time doing something together that isn't endless battles.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
For me, it was fun in KH1 for the unique (if sometimes frustrating) idea of underwater combat and exploration, but Kingdom Hearts 2 sucked all the fun out. Yeah, the movie songs in the rhythm game were good, but Under the Sea didn't really feel as memorable compared to the movie version. Part of Your World is the only one I feel was worth playing the rhythm games for. Ursula's Revenge, while it's no Poor Unfortunate Souls, is at catchy enough for me to be okay with it. But Swim This Way and A New Day Is Dawning had me cringing from second-hand embarassment.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I would've preferred it to have fighting to have another Ursula boss fight, but I don’t hate it in KH2. I’m only disappointed the musical numbers/scenes weren’t better and the minigame aspect more challenging. A lot of it felt lazy…

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I didn't mind it. It has charm. People need to lighten up.

ImVentus

Awards
I'm in the minority that actually enjoyed the Ursula boss in KH1. The overall feel of being so small and fighting a gigantic monster is just something I always liked. Although I found the dialogue in Atlantica to be very cheesy.

TheMostRad

Atlantica in KH1 was pretty solid in my opinion. Cool mermaid form, dope use of the vertical space b/c they could, and solid boss fights.

Atlantica in KH2 was okay, but only on the PS2. The rhythm games were an okay change of pace, though I wasn't a huge fan of the original entries. Still, cool they got Jodi Benson to sign on for those. However, I don't know how many other folks experienced this, but whenever I have to go through KH2 Atlantica on any of the HD ReMIXes, be it PS3 or PS4, something seems to have been lost in the porting process and the beat timing is ever so slightly off, which is a Cardinal Sin of Rhythm Games if you had to ask me.

Foxycian

Awards
i really love Atlantic world don't know why it's getting hate when it has beautiful story lore compare to Alice in wonderland and tarzan

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The retconning of KH1's (pretty awesome) plot for that world really pissed me off. It was fun seeing Sora dance but not fun enough for how retread-y the plot was.

Tempo

Awards
I genuinely love Atlantica in all its forms in KH and i've never understood people's complaints about the controls in KH1. it's literally never been a problem for me ever. It's like people just love to complain the moment things are a *little* different (which is part of why CoM was so poorly received probably)
the songs in kh2 certainly arent great but theyre fun to play and theyre nice and memey and it's the Absolute Funniest Shit when you just play through them with the intent of failing and watching the characters all completely screwing up their moves. it's in like my top ten favourite parts of kh2.

sephydark

Awards
In KH1, while it's not my favorite world I don't exactly dislike Atlantica either. I never had a problem with the Ursula boss and thought swimming was a fun change from the normal movement controls.

I don't like Atlantica in KH2, not because of the concept of a rhythm game world but because I hate the songs. A lot of the voice actors can't really sing and the KH original songs just kind of sucked. Additionally, the movie retread doesn't really work that well as a followup to the KH1 story. Maybe if there were some exploration and combat elements in addition to the songs I would have enjoyed it, but as it is I'm not a fan.

Pokie

I don't like Atlantica in KH2, not because of the concept of a rhythm game world but because I hate the songs. A lot of the voice actors can't really sing

Good point. Maybe they should have hired some sound-alike singers rather than forcing HJO to sing?

and the KH original songs just kind of sucked.

Ursula's new song was okay.

That_one_Sora

Awards
LIKE I HAD SOOOOO MANY QUESTIONS LIKE "Why am I ascending peak NSFW status?" or "should i be concerned with my appearance as a merman?"

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Call me crazy, but I enjoyed Atlantica in both KH1 and KHII. They are not my favorite worlds but I'll always remember playing KHII, going from the war in Hollow Bastion to singing in Atlantica. Kairi could be getting tortured by Organization XIII and we still haven't found Riku, but this is Kingdom Hearts! There is always time for fluff! I didn't love Atlantica as much as the Pooh Storybook stuff, but it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Though some of the songs are cringe and corny, That's part of Kingdom Hearts and I love it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back