• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Anybody from or near Denver, Colorado?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
My girlfriend and I are saving up to move in together. We're both from the East Coast, and we've never even traveled to the western half of the US, but I found a company that I want to work for after I graduate from college that's located in Denver.

A lot of what I've looked up makes Denver look like a fantastic place to live, but it's hard to find sources that aren't A.) Real Estate Agencies that will naturally aim to make the area look attractive, and B.) Random video bloggers who start off talking about Denver, but trail off onto irrelevant topics, making it so that you don't learn much about the area itself from them.

Does anybody here either live around there, or have gone there on vacation at some point and can give me some feedback? I already know a lot of the pros, e.g. the long strings of sunny days, the mountains nearby, great outdoorsy environments for biking and hiking, great culture, etc.

Anybody know of any cons that I might not have discovered yet? I know the winters can be cold, but I'm a Jersey guy, so I'm all too familiar with that already. That's all I've heard of when it comes to the drawbacks.

noxy

It's Colorado.

Legal pot.

Do it.

Nah I know a guy that lives in Colorado... Not entirely sure what part, but I'm pretty sure it's a small town somewhere around Boulder. He likes it. And my dad has been through the state 80 bazillion times in his life (he's a retired truck driver).. He always says it's beautiful out there.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
According to my family currently on vacation in Colorado, they say the shops are expensive out there. So they don't eat out much and bought food to make for themselves instead. Besides that, it's a good place to go snow boarding and depending how high up on the mountains, you may get more exhausted from the lack of oxygen. I haven't been to Colorado myself, but I should know more about some of the cons and pros, once they're back. :3

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Thanks guys. Those are generally he types of responses I get, but it feels more authentic when it's not coming from a real estate agency, lol. I know the cost of living is high, but it'll actually be lower relative to my area, so that's at least not as much of an issue as it could be. I've heard people complain about traffic, but again, it'll probably be an improvement from my perspective. New Jersey sucks at most things.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Whelp, my family came back from their trip to Colorado. Here's what they had to tell me about it.

Pros:

You will see cows on the way there instead of the average corn field.
People take care of groceries for you, when you get in the aisle to pay. Such as unloading then bagging it for you.
People are friendly there.
Snows a lot.
Mountains are beautiful.
Snowboarding and Skiing to do.
Traffic isn't bad there.
Hiking in the summer.

Cons:

If you love the pizza you eat at home, you may not find it there. [It's true for wherever you go.]
The altitude is something you'll have to get used to.
Some shops are expensive.
20+ hour drive to get to Colorado/Denver. Since you're all the way from New Jersey, you may have to stop at a hotel to catch some sleep for the long drive there.

Okay, I hope that helps you out, Nostalgic. :)

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
My gf and I are actually looking forward to the drive; it's one of those rare types of adventures a person can take in their life. That said, I'll certainly be flying back for trips to see my family on the east coast, lol. Thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back