• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any young, silver foxes among us?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I noticed my first grey hair a couple of weeks ago in my chin. I shaved it thinking it was probably a fluke, and felt it would grow back black (well, dark brown), sometimes there are blips in biology. I was wrong in this case. It's like a silver sliver that persists among dark hairs.

Feeling curious, I decided to check my head hair this week in the mirror and lo and behold I notice another silver dead center in the middle of my head. Considering how long it is, it must've been there since before I cut my hair like a month ago.

I also notice that the hair on the top of my head under natural lighting look a little faded compared to how it use to, certain spots look more faded than others, I don't know if that has anything to do with random grey, though.

So what about y'all? Anyone starting or started the process yet? What was like like when you first caught them? Do you dye, or just said, "screw it, imma boss I'm just gonna rock it?" I gotta admit, I was a little staggered when I noticed them.I knew a guy in high school who was at least 30% gray on the top. His whole head must be white now.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I've been having a few white hairs since I was like 12 :D I started getting old preewtty early..

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Dang, way early... Though, you're probably use to it at this point. Do premature greys run in your family?

I know my sister has a few of them popping up in her head and she's younger than me, just by a year, though. Funny thing is that, to my knowledge, grey hair isn't common earlier on in my family. My mom has a few (she's in her early 50s and started getting some in her 40s but it's hardly noticeable) my dad (mid 50s has a salt and pepper look) is about a third grey (his facial hair is between 60-70% grey, though), but he said he got his first one at 28 and it's been a gradual process.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Nah, I think I'm the only one in my family with this issue. They also didn't get significantly more over the years, more like it started with like 2-3 and now it's...I dunno, 5-6? xD Nothing to drastic, but it still makes people give me weird looks when they notice.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I have a few number of white (silver) hairs dotting my head, yeah. It's not too noticeable but people can see them if they stare long enough. No one else has it in my family as far as I'm aware. I first noticed them about a year or two ago? I'm not too sure.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
K' cool. Must be something in the food (JK, IDK).

I know every time I check my hair, I see something different.lol

Kounelli

Awards
I have a couple white hairs on my scalp since I was 16-17, but it could be from stress haha. I also strangely have a single white hair on my fore arm that grew to long lengths and no matter how many times I plucked it out, it would grow back. It was always embarrassing when someone would try to pull it thinking it was a stray hair that fell on my arm when it really was just a long ingrown white hair LOL. It hasn't shown up since the last time I plucked it (about a couple years ago) so hopefully it is gone for good!

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Not on my scalp, but I have a pretty full black beard nowadays and I've noticed that the hairs directly underneath my lip are much lighter with several being straight up white. I have the same thing going on in the middle of my also black moustache (so directly above the white hairs of my beard), but less noticable. So who knows, maybe in a couple of years I'll have a multi-coloured beard.
(Side note: I also have 2 rust-coloured hairs on opposite ends of my moustache, which kinda weird me out. I usually pull them out when I notice them)

Last edited:

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Kounelli, probably no hair grows there anymore due to you killing the follicle.lol That could be a good thing.

Dentim, I think grey facial would look pretty badass, especially at a young age. I'm waiting to see if more of chin gets silverish. I'd just rock a goatee (maybe dye my head hair closer to its original color). I'm black so I think a lot of gray at some point will make an interesting contrast with my skin color.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
While I agree it could look cool, that would also mean I'd end up with a total of 3 different hair colours, since my head hair is brown. But I guess I can't do anything to find out but wait, sadly enough.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Since my last haircut, I've noticed more. Like a few near both of my temples, a couple on the top of my head, and maybe few more sprinkled in back of my head. I also noticed one more in my chin. Dang...lol I must've had some growing in from the roots and once I cut my hair, they become more visible. Only I can really notice them unless I point them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back