• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any theories on KH:BBS Volume 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Well, it's supposedly all of his research. And you should remember that Ansem was out of the RoD for a good year or so. We know of CoM to the moment in KH2.
So there's another large gap that he had. It's not certain when exactly he put his research into Sora, he could've done it the last day for all we know.

But the main thing, it's Ansem's research. Which I'd presume is all, if not most, of his research, and it consists of the heart (and more). All of which will be key in saving those needed to be saved.
So I'd guess the some of the research on the heart he conducted before he was banished, and then more when he returned.

I don't know what short amount of time you are thinking of. Even if it's just research he conducted in the year Sora was sleeping, that's still a substantial amount of time. Though for science, maybe not.

Thank you for explaining. The second statement bolded was actually what I was originally thinking, BTW.

Mog

Awards
Who says it won't be on the 3DS as well? *crosses fingers*
Not in a bajillion years. The only console I can see this on is PS Vita, which is the most obvious choice. 3D is already on 3DS, and it's not gonna be PSP either. Why would Square pass up the opportunity to develop a new entry on a shiny new sony console? It would be pretty damn stupid of them to develop it on the PSP this late in it's life cycle and suffering from rampant piracy too. This would be like Square choosing to develop DDD on the NDS, while the 3DS was just lying there.

Not gonna develop a non-numbered title on a home console either. So the only logical thing for them do is make this game on the PS Vita.

Absolute

Not in a bajillion years. The only console I can see this on is PS Vita, which is the most obvious choice. 3D is already on 3DS, and it's not gonna be PSP either. Why would Square pass up the opportunity to develop a new entry on a shiny new sony console? It would be pretty damn stupid of them to develop it on the PSP this late in it's life cycle and suffering from rampant piracy too. This would be like Square choosing to develop DDD on the NDS, while the 3DS was just lying there.

Not gonna develop a non-numbered title on a home console either. So the only logical thing for them do is make this game on the PS Vita.

To be fair, there's only so many times you can put a continuing story on different consoles/handhelds before people get tired of it and end up not buying it, not wanting to buy yet another hardware. Also, with Youtube, its just as easy to watch the game instead of buying it in that case.

Mog

Awards
To be fair, there's only so many times you can put a continuing story on different consoles/handhelds before people get tired of it and end up not buying it, not wanting to buy yet another hardware. Also, with Youtube, its just as easy to watch the game instead of buying it in that case.
Haha, Square have been doing this for the last 10 years with this series, fans will buy whatever console is required. It has never effected sales substantially.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Haha, Square have been doing this for the last 10 years with this series, fans will buy whatever console is required. It has never effected sales substantially.

But it probably has pushed many people away. If it's on the Vita, I myself can't get it. I'll just watch playthroughs online, but I'm part of the minority that is willing to do that. I already have to buy a 3DS for DDD, which is about half of what the Vita costs, so it's more buyable. But I couldn't afford that and a Vita.

VLR.XIII

The framework is already there for a PSP game, it would be far better financially (both for the company and consumer), for Squenix to release it on PSP.

V2 has to be filling in the gaps. I think the Kairi scene pretty much confirms that. As does 'blank points'...

JustSnilloc

If BbS v2 becomes a game, Aqua more than likely won't be a part of it (assuming it happens before KH1) given that Aqua is see wandering the Realm of Darkness all the way up til her conversation with a certain someone...

IMO, the game would star Mickey and/or feature how the Organization came to be... Now correct me if I'm wrong, but those are the only two possible plotlines we have if it's pre KH1

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If BbS v2 becomes a game, Aqua more than likely won't be a part of it (assuming it happens before KH1) given that Aqua is see wandering the Realm of Darkness all the way up til her conversation with a certain someone...

IMO, the game would star Mickey and/or feature how the Organization came to be... Now correct me if I'm wrong, but those are the only two possible plotlines we have if it's pre KH1

Possibly 4 if it covers more.

Aqua- between BBS and KH1
Mickey- During KH1
Riku- Between COM/Days and KH2
Kairi (debetable)- During DDD

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I don't think we can make this assumption due to the "big reveal" of the Secret Episode (as opposed to the movie part without Aqua) basically setting up an "impossible" situation in the Realm of Darkness. Without an Aqua scenario, it'd be pointless to retcon the Castle of Dreams into the Realm of Darkness, since no one else is in a position to explore the implications of that (it's not like Riku or Mickey were there for long before the Door to Darkness was closed).

Mog

Awards
But it probably has pushed many people away. If it's on the Vita, I myself can't get it. I'll just watch playthroughs online, but I'm part of the minority that is willing to do that. I already have to buy a 3DS for DDD, which is about half of what the Vita costs, so it's more buyable. But I couldn't afford that and a Vita.
That's too bad. It's not Squares concern that you can't afford both, we've seen what they done with BBS and Days, many people could only afford one of them. :I

Absolute

I don't think we can make this assumption due to the "big reveal" of the Secret Episode (as opposed to the movie part without Aqua) basically setting up an "impossible" situation in the Realm of Darkness. Without an Aqua scenario, it'd be pointless to retcon the Castle of Dreams into the Realm of Darkness, since no one else is in a position to explore the implications of that (it's not like Riku or Mickey were there for long before the Door to Darkness was closed).

I was just thinking what Aqua could be doing as a scenaro there, and the most likely idea would be that she explores worlds taken by the heartless ( or parts of the world that are left). This can also introduce new worlds to the series and then they get revived and fully explorable in KHIII.

Actually, this thought occurred and it can maybe connect to DDD. The worlds in the realm of sleep were swallowed by darkness and restored but something was still wrong and they couldn't restore 100%, landing in limbo. Sora and Riku then have to find the keyholes of sleep in order to free these worlds. I was thinking, in BBS2, what if we find that Aqua was sealing the worlds in the dark realm to protect them from the dark realm and the ones she sealed were the ones that ended up in the sleep realm. Then that means that Sora and Riku are finding the keyholes to actually unlock the world so they can return to the light realm.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I was thinking, in BBS2, what if we find that Aqua was sealing the worlds in the dark realm to protect them from the dark realm and the ones she sealed were the ones that ended up in the sleep realm. Then that means that Sora and Riku are finding the keyholes to actually unlock the world so they can return to the light realm.

Hmm, I was thinking it might be the opposite, actually, since we can be pretty sure that a) Aqua visited Castle of Dreams and that b) Castle of Dreams won't show up in 3D (since that would be an even more blatant "world we've seen before" than even Pinocchio).

So, for instance, the worlds that show up in the Realm of Darkness are "world Heartless" or are corrupted by darkness, and Aqua destroys/removes the corruption from them, allowing the worlds to return to their normal state immediately instead of reverting to a state of sleep when the door to KH is closed.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
With BBSV2 I'm expecting them to use something similar to a chapter based system. For example:

Chapter 1: The Heartless Experiments and Fall of Radiant Gardens
Chapter 2: Aqua's Time in the Dark Realm
Chapter 3: Mickey's Adventures during the 9 year gap
Chapter 4: The Organization's story during the 9 year gap (Though this one could be incoportated into other chapters)
Chapter 5: Riku's time with the Disney Villains and meeting Mickey in the Realm of Darkness
Chapter 6: Riku's adventures during the time of 358/2 Days
Chapter 7: Mickey's adventures during the time of 358/2 Days
Chapter 8: Some stuff with Aqua
Chapter 9: Riku and Mickey's absence during KH2
Chapter 10: Some mysterious story

Something like the above, perhaps they could even do a chapter on Eraqus and Xehanort when they were young apprentices.

The second idea would be where you select a character and their story is divided into chapters like:

Riku's Story:

Chapter 1: Time with the Disney villains and meeting Mickey in the Dark Realm in KH1
Chapter 2: Adventures during 358/2 Days
Chapter 3: Period of Absence during KH2

Aqua's Story:

Chapter 1: Time in the Dark Realm during the 9 year gap
Chapter 2: Perhaps something she was doing during KH1 and 358/2 Days
Chapter 3: Something she was doing during KH2 and then meeting Ansem
Chapter 4: Her finally being rescued by Sora after KH3D

Mickey's Story:

Chapter 1: Meeting Ansem for the first time and the Fall of Radiant Gardens
Chapter 2: His Adventures during the 9 year gap
Chapter 3: His Adventure in the Realm of Darkness during KH1
Chapter 4: His Adventures during the time of 358/2 Days
Chapter 5: His period of Absence during KH2

Xehanort's Story:

Chapter 1: His time as a Keyblade Apprentice with Eraqus
Chapter 2: His time of traveling the worlds seeking knowledge and eventually finding Ven
Chapter 3: Chapter going over his plan involving the many roads he will take
Chapter 4: Heartless Experiments and Fall of Radiant Gardens
Chapter 5: Creating the Organization and gathering members as Xemnas
Chapter 6: Some stuff covering his escapades in KH1, 358/2 Days, KH2, and KH3D

Sora's Story:

Only one chapter taking place after KH3D where he rescues Ansem and Aqua from the dark realm and they make their way to Castle Oblivion to find Ven where the final battles take place. Sora's story is kind of like "Last Episode" in BBS.

so on and so forth with each character that is playable. Personally I like the second style of chapters better than the first. The first is usually better if you play as just one character in the story, and I think the first style should have been the course for 358/2 Days and the second style works better for BBSV2.

Mog

Awards
With BBSV2 I'm expecting them to use something similar to a chapter based system. For example:

Chapter 4: The Organization's story during the 9 year gap (Though this one could be incoportated into other chapters)
Chapter 5: Riku's time with the Disney Villains and meeting Mickey in the Realm of Darkness

Something like the above, perhaps they could even do a chapter on Eraqus and Xehanort when they were young apprentices.

The second idea would be where you select a character and their story is divided into chapters like:

Riku's Story:

Chapter 1: Time with the Disney villains and meeting Mickey in the Dark Realm in KH1

Aqua's Story:

Mickey's Story:

Xehanort's Story:

Chapter 2: His time of traveling the worlds seeking knowledge and eventually finding Ven

Sora's Story:

Only one chapter taking place after KH3D where he rescues Ansem and Aqua from the dark realm and they make their way to Castle Oblivion to find Ven where the final battles take place. Sora's story is kind of like "Last Episode" in BBS.

so on and so forth with each character that is playable. Personally I like the second style of chapters better than the first. The first is usually better if you play as just one character in the story, and I think the first style should have been the course for 358/2 Days and the second style works better for BBSV2.
These are perfect! In either style, I would buy this game in an instant if it was in this format. Have the BBS deck system too and this game could be successful on say, the Vita.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
On the topic of Aqua being playable in the Realm of Darkness, does anyone but me think that there might be more of a variety in Pureblood Heartless this time around?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The framework is already there for a PSP game, it would be far better financially (both for the company and consumer), for Squenix to release it on PSP.
Yeah, no. Outside of Japan PSP software sales are nearly non-existent. With Vita out in Japan & soon worldwide, PSP sales aren't going to get better.

3DS is a viable platform IMO, they already got a framework for that as well.

On the topic of Aqua being playable in the Realm of Darkness, does anyone but me think that there might be more of a variety in Pureblood Heartless this time around?
Its rather obvious there would be. Red Eyes was a big hint at that.

Number Zero

I don't see how Aqua can have a grand adventure saving worlds that have fallen and then not longer after ask Ansem 'Did something happen out there? Are the worlds in danger?'

That'd be a major retcon.

Now, please don't flame me, this is just my opinion. But I honestly don't see how KH:BBSV2 would be possible. As a GAME anyway.

Also, there isn't a grand twist to add to this game. It'd be pretty straight forward. KHDDD's RoS plot with YX and Vanitas thrown in, I wasn't expecting at all. KHBBVS2, eh Aqua's gonna be traveling the RoD, Riku and Mickey are off doing stuff which they don't even mention during 358/2 Days or KH2.

They're already showing a scene of AX's past as the game's intro, so they appear to be trying to tie up loose ends with Xehanort.

I wouldn't mind knowing about Riku, Mickey and Aqua's adventures either, but let's not blow a whole game on it. I'm leaning toward BBSV2 being a secret ending for KHDDD.

KHBBS had a secret ending over 10 minutes long, what's to stop KH3D? Plus, it'll even be 'shocking.'

And not that I'm complaining, but the constant whining of people who don't follow online KH news will skyrocket with the release of 'yet another spin-off' and the constant 'where's my KH3?' will ensue. Some may not even buy it because they'll probably think the entire game as a whole would seem unecessary.

Last edited:

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

Riku's Story:

Aqua's Story:

Mickey's Story:

Xehanort's Story:

Sora's Story:

This is pure genius! To tell you the truth, I actually kind of wanted a game talking about Xehanort as an apprentice and his path to evil, but I thought nobody supported my idea...

Megavoltage

Awards
How would a scenario with Xehanort work? Heartless, Nobodies and Unversed wouldn't be attacking him so it would be kind of boring walking around as him. His storyline sounds like it could be really interesting but gameplay wise I don't know how they could make that work.

Ronove

I don't quite think Mickey will be a playable character if BBSv2 is even a game.

A wise bet is on Aqua, Riku, and Apprentice Terranort.

Aqua would be in the realm of darkness, Terranort in the realm of light, and Riku in both (ZOMG THE PATH OF TWILIGHT!!!1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back