• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any scents, smells, food and so on... that make you remember something specific?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I guess most of us have some food, song, scent and etc... that evokes a memory of some sorts. Maybe the scent is tied into specific person or to an event that one went trough.

For me, there is certain type of cookie that I can`t eat anymore. I used to ate them a lot during the army in our training session in the forest, and now even looking at the package or tasting the cookie itself makes me feel kinda bad.
The smell of oil or gasoline makes me think about my dad, since I used to ride with him in his snowmobile and he was usually(and is still) surrounded with different machines and vehicles, which emit the smell of oil and etc...

I am curious: do you have something like this, and if you do what kind? I think there is proper name for this, but I can`t recall it sadly.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I think the word you are looking for is "proust".

Sometimes I feel like I'm having those moments, but it's hard to name them on the spot. Escept for the normal things, like cinnamon reminding me of certain christmas events etc.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The smell of gasoline reminds me of being homeless during summertime, kerosene reminds me of the winters and diesel evokes the overall dread of my mom's decline of health

I sound so edgy lol

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I think the word you are looking for is "proust".

Sometimes I feel like I'm having those moments, but it's hard to name them on the spot. Escept for the normal things, like cinnamon reminding me of certain christmas events etc.

*googles the word* Hmm, it lead me to some quiz but that is not what I was thinking of.

The smell of gasoline reminds me of being homeless during summertime, kerosene reminds me of the winters and diesel evokes the overall dread of my mom's decline of health

I hope that as your life goes on some scents or etc.. will evoke happy memories. :D

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
The smell of gasoline reminds me of my dad when he worked on vehicles awhile back. smell of cookies reminds me of the times my grandmother makes them, and smell of pizza reminds me of all my birthdays I had where we had pizza and cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back