• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any Roman Catholics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
Yea go Catholics and other religions, but we Catholics worship Mary and the Saints more then Jesus thats why the KKK hates us, there you learned something

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Who the heck are you talking to?

Did you just preach... to your ONE Roman-catholic friend?

...Plus your description of your church doesn't even make sense. You don't ACTUALLY know anything about Roman Catholicism, do you?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Brazil houses the largest number of Catholics in the world. In fact, Catholicism is the dominant branch of Christianity. Funnily enough though, there are now more Islams than catholics (though not more islams than christians).

So uh, I see them a lot.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
lol... KKK hates just about everyone who isnt the same as them... plus Catholics are counted by the number of people who say they are catholic pretty much and might attend mass one time a year..... not actually JUST the people who practice it... >.>

O

Oberon

Brazil houses the largest number of Catholics in the world. In fact, Catholicism is the dominant branch of Christianity. Funnily enough though, there are now more Islams than catholics (though not more islams than christians).

So uh, I see them a lot.
1. Someone who is part of the Islamic faith = Muslim.

2. Are you saying there are more non-Catholics than Muslims?

It sounded like you said there were more Muslims than Catholics, but then said there are still more Christians than Muslims.

I think you're right that there are more Christians than Muslim's, though.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Well the Muslim faith is the largest in the world >.> and I think I read somewhere the fastest growing too...

However of the "Christian" denomination, Catholics are the largest (though they are continually losing members as with many other denominations especially in Europe and N. America)

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
1. Someone who is part of the Islamic faith = Muslim.

Yes, I know. I didn't know if "islams" was a word or not.

2. Are you saying there are more non-Catholics than Muslims?

It sounded like you said there were more Muslims than Catholics, but then said there are still more Christians than Muslims.

I think you're right that there are more Christians than Muslim's, though.

I suppose my wording might have been a bit confusing, so I'll explain.

Claim was that muslims currently outnumber catholics(and just them), but that the number of catholics plus all the other branches of christianity (hence, christianity as a whole) outnumber the number of islam as a whole. Clearer?

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
Yea go Catholics and other religions, but we Catholics worship Mary and the Saints more then Jesus thats why the KKK hates us, there you learned something

Worship means a lot of things to different people. Worship is to love someone with out question. This is what our religion teaches us; to love all human life with out question just as Jesus did. We follow his action and the word of God to better ourselves. The saints are what we aim to become. To know this as truth and have blessed eternal life in heaven.

Turn the other cheek to violence, seek peace, fight hate with understanding and love, honor those before you, and above all keep your morals for life inflexible, pure, and free of prejudice.

This Ideal, Jesus's and God's wish for humanity is what I follow and they are who I worship.

O

Oberon

Yes, I know. I didn't know if "islams" was a word or not.

I suppose my wording might have been a bit confusing, so I'll explain.

Claim was that muslims currently outnumber catholics(and just them), but that the number of catholics plus all the other branches of christianity (hence, christianity as a whole) outnumber the number of islam as a whole. Clearer?
That's what I thought you meant. XD;

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
^lol....

Anyone see a pattern here? o.o

Seems that the larger number of atheists and agnostics I've run into... have a catholic background. Hmmm...

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
^What?.....

Can you say that over... in other words maybe? The first sentence you said... >.> I didnt quite understand it

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
Most former Soviet citizens didn't practice a Religion during the communist regime. My uncle for example lives in Azerbaijan and lived through the later half of communist Russia. He is one of the few people in my family that practices Religion.

So what I meant when I typed ''All the older atheists I know say nothing loses its luster when you are near the end.'' is that after a few years believing in nothing doesn't really seem to appealing any more.

I asked him once if he believed in Heaven or God. He said he would like to see his old friends again but wanted death to be the end of the line.

I asked him why if he wanted to see his loved ones again then why did he didn't think happened after death.

He answered by saying simply that it would get boring after awhile. He later changed his mind when he survived cancer. He didn't want to think humanity and life was so meaningless and that it had no value on any scale therefore he converted to Christianity.

Or as I put it ''Nothing loses its luster near the end.''

O

Oberon

All the older atheists I know say nothing loses its luster when you are near the end. My dad converted to Catholicism before my brothers and I were born when he left Russia with my mom.
That would make sense, though I think that is true for everyone. We all have our own personal, psychological attachments to things and they never fade, Christian or not.

Unless your personal philosophy is a non-materialistic one, in which case, even idea's would have that same effect in terms of attachment. At least I would imagine.

trixchasin

i'm roman catholic.
maybe it's just my opinion,
after all, i'm no priest or anything,
but i've never "worshiped" mary and the
saints :/
sure i respect and venerate them,
but that's different from worshiping :/
that's what i think anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back