• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any Regrets?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Awards
Hello,
(If i'm violating any rules by posting this, i apologize, and wish for this to be taken down)
In the time you're in this world, (Which is an average 80 years for our lifespans) you're guaranteed to be faced with a lot of opportunities, some good, or bad, and some are truly impressive. But for whatever reason it might be on your part, it never came into fruition, and you go down a different path in life. It's impossible to live a life without regretting something, no matter how minuscule. And i made this thread just for that, you don't have to contribute something if you don't want to, it's all up to you.

I'll start,
In middle school, i was pretty unpopular, and I accepted that fact. To me, it didn't matter where i was on the social ladder, i was content to blitz my way through the hallways to get to class, dodging incoming leg traffic left and right. But what didn't cross my mind was the effect I had on one of the most popular girls in my class, who for the sake of keeping her identity anonymous, we'll just call her princess (largely because she did act like a snobbish princess from time to time, but it was adorable). She was attracted to me, despite my scrawny, pimple ridden looks for reasons I never understood. Despite this obvious sign, i never acted on impulse and remained as dense as solid granite. Eventually, she would date a guy who was one of the worst troublemakers in the school, and I just watched from a distance. When we graduated, we went our separate ways. My regret is that I didn't act when I should have, it probably wouldn't last to this day, but I could've gotten some good memories out of it.

FFEDerek

For sure. From bad first impressions to blowing some things out of proportion. Though, I think that's pretty common.

I first got on the web when I was 13. Through multiple forums and chat rooms, have definitely stirred up drama spawned from my own insecurities. I face palm every time I think about the stupid petty stuff I did but can appreciate that it helped me grow up.

I also regret being in denial and hating myself about my sexuality until college. There was a Gay Straight Alliance club at my high school that I would have loved to have been part of. Much of what teenagers experience (relationships and dances) was something I denied for myself because I was "suffering" from a "phase" that I hoped would go away. It's an really insignificant thing to hate.

And regrets don't stop there. There's always going to be something you did that you wish was different. Or how you felt/acted towards something was stupid in hindsight. I've probably had a good 10 of those in the last 2 years alone.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
At times I was a little shit in my teenage years. I became better over time as I grew up.

D

Deleted member 246005

I screwed up with one of my exes pretty badly so i wish i was a better person to her.

I wish i did more in college to be a better writer and a more outgoing person.

shady543

Awards
ehhh my past life through school and life was basically anime protag standards of regret and misery, so it's too personal to say. Buuuut I do regret the way I behaved and wish I did things earlier so that they wouldn't come to bite me now, like things like working and driving. Because the longer you leave it the harder it gets. :')
I guess if one thing I'm glad I didn't do, I'm glad I never went through the trashy phase and actually worked hard in my studies.
My first forum was when I was 11, close to turning 12. That was an experience I needed at the time, so I definitely don't regret that. I kind of wish I joined this forum instead though because the other one has kind of changed into 4chan 2.0, the age group still remained in the teens as I grew up and I appreciate how older users back in late 2000s still go on this site. People don't move on so easily and it's great. It would have also been nice to see the fandom reactions of everything post KH2 back in 2008 from Days to BBS to DDD to KH3.

Awards
Website
the-blue-wraith.tumblr.com
I regret being harsh to my friends and family. 2015 is one of my worst years, my life went downhill. I became cruel and I hurted a lot of people. The world is just very unkind.

I went to different schools. I regret it because I lost connection with my best friends, and one of them forgot me.

Lastly, I regret being lazy during my elementary days. I didn't know I have a potential, I wish I could've done better as a student.

OliviaD

I regret about a lot of things that I did when I was younger. I share my thoughts in my articles and posts in FB. It's great that someone created this topic and people can show their feelings here.

______________________________________________________________________________________
Essays on different topics https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/hamlet/

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;AHnqvZBwk0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnqvZBwk0Y[/video]

The only thing that I regret is not taking things to next the level
I've always been quick to forget how to commit before things settle

Most of my life i've been the complete opposite of a rebel
Nearly robotic in every sense as if my soul was signed by a devil

Twenty-Eight a later bloomer, but now it's all business as usual
So many times I regret realizing that the feelings weren't mutual

You never get used to rejection, but you vow to protect yourself
Go recluse, throw up walls, the mental isolation affects your health

I regret the loss so much of family that died younger than me and I saw them little
I regret not crying enough when losing two grandparents at the same time who told me riddles

Wishing every day in the past thats I was stronger and better person then
Pushing the last of my hesitation to cliff as I so vividly remember them

My heart's been crushed so many times and it's always hurt most by way of my conscience
The most regrets I have are always related to people and those regrets are never nonsense

So KHInsider.
I don't just curse in these little schemes I write. Everything in these text above is a small window into my life, and damn can I say that the most things that concern me, that I really regret is always related to instances with people. I didn't say this in there, but I feel like it's a regret + needed to happen.

I have a younger brother thats 8 years younger than myself, and we had a rocky relationship given we have two different mothers and same father. So out of jealousy of our dad giving him more attention and he got to see him more than I did because he was with my brother's mother at the time, I remember really physically injuring him when we were kids and well, that kind of changed the person I ended up being. I wasn't expecting my brother to have so much love for me, that he would fight his own parent to see me, and it really just hit my nerves hard and I never forgot that man. No matter how old I get, that will always, ALWAYS hit me harder than anything else, because this is a person in my life I could've disabled and I would've regretted it more if anything happened to my family that while I didn't appreciate so much at that point in time, has become a staple in building the person I am today.

Deimos

Awards
Does thinking your better than the millennials count, even if it ends up being true? Too soon? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back