• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Advice/Help ► Any other writing outlets and/or websites do you guys recommend?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
The few times I have been posting and forum overhauls, it always messes up the formatting of my stories. I'm getting mighty tired of it, spent hundreds of hours editing and formatting, only to be messed up in a jumbled mess.

And although I have been getting views on my story, the lack of feedback here is very discouraging. I have a ton of stories and art to share, yet none of them gets feedback by other people. Only closely-knit people get comments and such, the creative forum is pretty much dead. I'm looking for other outlets for fiction writing with an active community.

I really want to improve my writing, but if no one can be bothered here to take some time or take a look, then I understand. I only had one or two or three beta readers in the past, but all of them have moved on. I need a fresh set of eyes, and thoughts.

D

Deleted member 246005

It's not fanfiction though, I'm not sure if Fanfiction.net would even have hits on original stories. I believe that also goes the same with AO3.

But Tumblr, I haven't had much luck, unless you can recommend an active group.
Fanfiction.net has a sister site called Fiction Press. You could post original material there.

arthurnottheking

Tyrant Raver said:
I'm getting bored and tired with the formatting and editing of my stories. So I thought about beta readers or outlets for fiction authors or essay writer groups.
I want to improve my writing ...

<< short quote >>

The list of websites I used when I was writing fanfiction:

BetaBooks
AgentQueryConnect
CritiqueCircle
LitReactor
Writer’s Carnival
AbsoluteWrite (forum)

Don't forget about Goodreads. And Facebook too. It has tons of Beta Reading groups for writers who are looking for feedback.

NemesisSP

Awards
I do feel the same way, though sometimes even if you're using other websites with a bit more active feedback community, you may not get the kind of feedback that will actually help you improve the story in any way. Plus, there are tons of other fics or original stories you'd need to compete with for attention.

As for beta readers. Yeah, finding those are quite the pain too. I have a few who read my stories, but at least one of them had a tendency to, let's say, focus not on the things I ask their advice on. Which can be just as frustrating, especially when you're writing a first draft and need the advice on if the story flows well.

Back