• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any one need help in KH1 FM?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinKH

I'm wanting to give my advice and tips to everyone. I have played Kingdom Hearts 1 american 40+ times and KH1 FM 5 times. So I want to test my knowledge.

kingscr34m11

Where is the best place to grind pre-Riku/Ansem fight? I've been fighting Leon and Yuffie with two tech pluses and one exp item so i get a minimum of 840exp in a little over one minute. I'm level 50 and I would have to face them 18 more times to get to 51. Just curious if there is anything better or just stick to this.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Where is the best place to grind pre-Riku/Ansem fight? I've been fighting Leon and Yuffie with two tech pluses and one exp item so i get a minimum of 840exp in a little over one minute. I'm level 50 and I would have to face them 18 more times to get to 51. Just curious if there is anything better or just stick to this.

Usually Hollow Bastion is the best place to grind at that point. The only other place is the Hercules cup at Olympus but you'd get more from HB.
Honestly though at level 50 you should be plenty ready to beat rikunort.

kingscr34m11

I got to 52 and finally beat him. Finished up hollow bastion and decided to find all the Dalmatians and made it to the end of the world. I'm playing on proud, kept staff ditched shield, picked dawn. What level should I be at for the final bosses? I was planning on grinding up to 60 and if it was an option work on leveling up and getting trophies till my clock resets, which I'd definitely be at a good level for the final bosses and have a lot done towards the platinum.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I got to 52 and finally beat him. Finished up hollow bastion and decided to find all the Dalmatians and made it to the end of the world. I'm playing on proud, kept staff ditched shield, picked dawn. What level should I be at for the final bosses? I was planning on grinding up to 60 and if it was an option work on leveling up and getting trophies till my clock resets, which I'd definitely be at a good level for the final bosses and have a lot done towards the platinum.

A rule of thumb followed by most people is probably that if you can tackle Hades Cup without having to interrupt your challenge, then you're good to go for the final battle.

Also, if you're looking for a great place to level, try the Second District of Traverse Town; you'll encounter at least 15 Wyverns in that one map, netting you a minimum of 1,800 EXP points a visit. In all seriousness, though, once you've beaten Rikunort and have Encounter Plus equipped, every world is a great place for levelling.

Gram

Banned
Awards

A rule of thumb followed by most people is probably that if you can tackle Hades Cup without having to interrupt your challenge, then you're good to go for the final battle.

Also, if you're looking for a great place to level, try the Second District of Traverse Town; you'll encounter at least 15 Wyverns in that one map, netting you a minimum of 1,800 EXP points a visit. In all seriousness, though, once you've beaten Rikunort and have Encounter Plus equipped, every world is a great place for levelling.

My own personal rule is to at least reach 60 which I usually do by beating the Hades Cup, kurt zisa and the phantom. Once I have those three things out of the way I'm usually at 60 and plenty ready for Ansem.
But as for places to grind Solosis is right after you get encounter plus pretty much anywhere is a good spot.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Wow, a whole thread, just for special little old you to give out your oh so hard-earned and well-practiced knowledge. How else might we stroke your ego, Austin?

kingscr34m11

My own personal rule is to at least reach 60 which I usually do by beating the Hades Cup, kurt zisa and the phantom. Once I have those three things out of the way I'm usually at 60 and plenty ready for Ansem.
But as for places to grind Solosis is right after you get encounter plus pretty much anywhere is a good spot.

That's what I finally decided on. Should I finish the Hades cup and then move onto Kurt and the Phantom? Also I've never beaten the Phantom, I beat Kurt once waaaaaayyy long ago, so any tips on him? I've probably read every strategy out there for him a dozen or so times so anything besides those.

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's what I finally decided on. Should I finish the Hades cup and then move onto Kurt and the Phantom? Also I've never beaten the Phantom, I beat Kurt once waaaaaayyy long ago, so any tips on him? I've probably read every strategy out there for him a dozen or so times so anything besides those.

Yes always tackle the Hades cup first.
My strategy for the Phantom is to have donald and peter in my party or if goofy has learned MP Gift I'll have him instead of donald. (though if it's your first time stick with donald)
Make sure you have at least the second level stop spell, stopga, before fighting him and when battling him keep as many elixers and mega-ethers you can.
Also use the Lady Luck keyblade as it has a great mp stat and decent physical.

Set stopga, cure and thunder to your shortcut (peter usually takes care of aero) and as soon as the battle starts cast stop on the clock.

From here it's pretty much hit and run, the phantoms weak spot is a small orb under his cloak that changes colors. Red means only fire works, blue ice, yellow thunder and white normal attacks.
So the most you can do is try to dodge his attacks while getting in some hits on his orb. You'll have to access Fire and Blizzard manually from the command menu since your shortcut is filled but since their the first two spells listed it's not a problem.

Make sure to cast stop on the clock regularly since stop wears off after a minute and a half to two minutes. Though dont do it constantly cause you need mp for the battle.

The only attack I stress that you watch out for is when he flies over to the clock. When the Phantom does this he's charging a annoying attack, to avoid just fly to the opposite side of the Big Ben. (it's usually during this that I cast stop on the clock)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I thought the thread starter wanted to share his knowledge on the matter?

The only attack I stress that you watch out for is when he flies over to the clock. When the Phantom does this he's charging a annoying attack, to avoid just fly to the opposite side of the Big Ben. (it's usually during this that I cast stop on the clock)

Actually you don't have to fly over to the opposite clock face avoid this attack. If you can make it to either face that's perpendicular to the one where the Phantom is at, you're already safe. This way, you don't have to spend as much precious time going to and from opposing faces.

And if you find that Phantom's slap takes a huge chunk of your HP, don't worry about it. This is, of course, perfectly normal, what with him being an über secret boss and all.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Actually you don't have to fly over to the opposite clock face avoid this attack. If you can make it to either face that's perpendicular to the one where the Phantom is at, you're already safe. This way, you don't have to spend as much precious time going to and from opposing faces.
That's actually what I meant but couldn't' word it right. Dx

kingscr34m11

I grinded up to 60 and then beat the hades cup. It wasn't in one go though I lost once to Cerberus and once to hades. I think I'm level 64 now. Should I grind on Rock Titan now? and at what point should I try and tackle the optional bosses and the cup solo?

Gram

Banned
Awards
I grinded up to 60 and then beat the hades cup. It wasn't in one go though I lost once to Cerberus and once to hades. I think I'm level 64 now. Should I grind on Rock Titan now? and at what point should I try and tackle the optional bosses and the cup solo?

As far as optional bosses go, you should be able to handle Kurt Zisa now and Phantom. But I wouldn't tackle the cup solo until your at least too 80.

As for the other bosses, Sephiroth, Xemnas and Ice Titan. The first two I didn't even look at till I was 98, as for Ice Titan I usually beat him around level 70.

As for grinding I recommend the ice titan, you may not win at first, but he's a great place to grind cause for most the fight the only way to hurt him is to guard and deflect his ice shards back at him when he shoots them at you, which gives you points for each shart blocked and even more if you have tech boosts equipped.
Though when fighting Ice Titan never use aero, EVER.

kingscr34m11

Finally beat the phantom. Did some grinding and got all the trinities, I'm level 79 now. I just beat the hades cup solo without dying, I did have to stop after I beat Cloud and Leon so take that however you will. My next question is should I try the timed trial or start synthesis first? I'm probably gonna 100 percent this play through so either way it'll get done eventually.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Finally beat the phantom. Did some grinding and got all the trinities, I'm level 79 now. I just beat the hades cup solo without dying, I did have to stop after I beat Cloud and Leon so take that however you will. My next question is should I try the timed trial or start synthesis first? I'm probably gonna 100 percent this play through so either way it'll get done eventually.
Great work! Have you tried any of the other bosses yet?

What you wanna do next really depends on you, I did timed trials first but finishing the lengthy synthesis might be nice to get out of the way.
Really depends on you at this point.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I think I tackled the time trial challenge before completing the synthesis quest. It's certainly doable; just use Thundaga to clear hordes of enemies and leave only the Thunder absorbers behind, which usually aren't too strong.

However, you can also try synthesising items beforehand. Some of the accessories, like the Omega Arts and Crystal Crown, are truly marvelous and can help you immensely in the ways of magic, especially considering that you might need to spam spells like never before in the time trial challenge.

kingscr34m11

Should I know what I'm getting myself into for the synthesis? I never really bothered on the PS2 but I know this time around is a bit more time consuming. Should I just sit at each world and farm like ten or so of each special drop? My winter break just started so I have nothing but free time but any ideas how long completing the synthesis should take?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Ehh, let's see... it is time consuming. A ballpark figure is probably 2 to 3 days. If you're expecting to complete everything in a day, you've probably underestimated how repetitive and frustrating it is to farm for synthesis materials.

Try to collect all Dark Matters from chests and challenges all across the worlds, because if you don't, you'll have to synthesise some and it can get very tedious. For Gems, I suggest you use Bambi and kill as many Heartless as possible (spam Thundaga! Bambi will continue to drop MP balls) within the duration of the summon, although be mindful that the prizes differ for each world. These shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

The main problem though are the new Heartless that drop the five-star materials. Each of them require specific strategy to deal with, and some of them :cough:Sniperwild:cough: is outright impossible to get the materials from if you don't know what you're doing. For those materials, you can refer to this thread: http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom...final-mix-item-quantites-synthesis-guide.html.

Addendum: In this same thread, I've also posted some general guidelines on how to have those Heartless drop the materials. Here's the link to that specific post: http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom...em-quantites-synthesis-guide.html#post6070527

kingscr34m11

I've read some of this before when I was just doing some reading on the synthesis. In my simple messing around on certain worlds I've encountered, and by encountered I mean they're registered in my journal, all but Grand Ghost, Jet Balloon, Pink Agaricus, and Neoshadow (only because other than landing at EotW I haven't done anything else there).

Also i meant the five star materials when I said "special drops". I'll check the wiki for the specific strategies but there isn't much more I can do other than the bambi tip and pray for a drop is there?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The Bambi tip is only used for Gem materials (which I believe are two-star materials). Alternatively, you can get those Gems (Blazing, Frost, Lightning, Lucid) from more advanced Heartless like Bandits, Sea Neons, Screwdrivers, and Wight Knights, but it would require more time since their drop rates are somewhat low (but that's what Lucky Strike is for).

As for the special drops, well... your best bet is to kill the special Heartless with the specified strategies, leave the world, re-enter, and rinse and repeat. There's nothing much you can do to circumvent this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back