• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any Hope for a Difficulty+ Mode?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Man6592

Difficulty+ is seriously one of the only things that I feel has yet to make an appearance that is long overdue. It's such a perfect game for such a mode and would only add to the already gigantic replay-ability factor the game has.

Imagine defeating Xehanort and then unlocking the X-Blade for use on a second run through....

Is there any hope? Or will they stick to their non-Difficulty+ ways...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Difficulty+ is seriously one of the only things that I feel has yet to make an appearance that is long overdue. It's such a perfect game for such a mode and would only add to the already gigantic replay-ability factor the game has.

Imagine defeating Xehanort and then unlocking the X-Blade for use on a second run through....

Is there any hope? Or will they stick to their non-Difficulty+ ways...

I certainly hope so, as it would definitely encourage multiple playthroughs if you were able to retain all your stats, items, etc, but I guess we'll see.

It definitely wouldn't hurt to throw in a suggestion for New Game+ in their Players Survey!

C.C.

Website
forums.khinsider.com
I really hope they expand the post game options. They wouldn't even need to do much work to keep people interested.

Like Sign said they could let us retain everything we've earned in our first playthrough and up the difficulty in subsequent playthroughs. Pretty much like Dark Souls (DS2 hype!!). Make all the cutscenes and dialogue unlockable in the first run so people who play for the story can have that available.

Another option would be to allow us to play on "lvl 1 mode" where experience is turned off. I did this in BBS with Aqua and had a lot of fun although I was forced to level up a bit before I had the option to turn off exp. IIRC this could also be done in KH 1 & 2 with a certain accessory.

I had sooo much I wanted to say during that survey but I tried to limit my responses to about two sentences. I made sure to mention that first and foremost I would like to see a lot more optional bosses and arenas modes similar to KH 1/2/BBS.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
In addition, it would be amazing if the NG+ contains access to extra content that isn't in your first playthrough, like an extra dungeon or, although I'm not sure about its reception, true ending. That would certainly boost the replay value beyond the roof.

Another option would be to allow us to play on "lvl 1 mode" where experience is turned off. I did this in BBS with Aqua and had a lot of fun although I was forced to level up a bit before I had the option to turn off exp. IIRC this could also be done in KH 1 & 2 with a certain accessory.

This option is only available if you play on the hardest difficulty mode. The ability is unlocked from the very first time you can access the menu. In KH2FM, there was also a Keyblade that comes with this ability, which I believe was the Organization mushroom Keyblade.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Yeah, you can Lv1 Challenge in nearly every mainline KH game, since the release of 1's FM. The only one I'm not sure of is CoM. Though I saw some challenge gamers do either a Lv1 Challenge or a Minimum Level challenge once. They gave up during Reverse/Rebirth because apparently trying to beat that game with low Attack Points turns the Soul Eater into styrofoam but they did the main game okay, Level 1 or otherwise.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
You can't do a L1 run in CoM since there was no option to prevent the enemies from dropping the experience orbs. While you can run from battles, you can't from boss battles, and they too yield orbs. Instead, what they did was a 80-HP run, in which you don't increase your HP at all upon levelling up.

But then again, you can't be too trigger happy. You can only learn so many sleights and increase your CP to so high an amount before it hits its cap, and when this happens, you'll be forced into investing in your HP.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
You can't do a L1 run in CoM since there was no option to prevent the enemies from dropping the experience orbs. While you can run from battles, you can't from boss battles, and they too yield orbs. Instead, what they did was a 80-HP run, in which you don't increase your HP at all upon levelling up.

But then again, you can't be too trigger happy. You can only learn so many sleights and increase your CP to so high an amount before it hits its cap, and when this happens, you'll be forced into investing in your HP.

Right, that's familiar! Thanks!

Spider-Man6592

Couldn't take the survey. I already took it earlier so maybe I can't submit another? I don't know...

Unlocking the X-Blade for use by defeating Master Xehanort would be the best thing ever. There has always been the issue of whether or not synthesizing the Ultima Weapon is worth it due to so few bosses being available to use it against. They remedied that since with the Final Mixes, but I feel having the ability to replay the game with all of your hard earned items and stats would make it immensely enjoyable.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
You can take the survey for as many times as you please. It's anonymous, after all... and many of us did exactly that. Perhaps try waiting for a few more minutes before attempting it again?

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Couldn't take the survey. I already took it earlier so maybe I can't submit another? I don't know...

Unlocking the X-Blade for use by defeating Master Xehanort would be the best thing ever. There has always been the issue of whether or not synthesizing the Ultima Weapon is worth it due to so few bosses being available to use it against. They remedied that since with the Final Mixes, but I feel having the ability to replay the game with all of your hard earned items and stats would make it immensely enjoyable.

YES! THIS! MUST!! HAPPEN!!! I always thought it would be interesting to have weapons carried over in a New Game Plus. It kind of reminds me of playing on a higher difficulty on the Devil May Cry games with the weapons and abilities you had from the previous playthrough; it certainly made the fight against Berial much easier as Nero in Devil May Cry 4.

Anyway, back on topic. If this had been implemented, it would have made certain boss fights much easier in other games (Xaldin comes to mind).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I begged for a New Game + or a bunch of worthwhile post-game content and praised them for the harder boss rebattles in KH3D.

As for actually having it in KH3, I'd seriously love it. I love Kingdom Hearts, I really do, but once you play it once you have nothing else to do except fight a few secret bosses. Why spend all of that hard time getting the Ultima Keyblade and have nothing to cutdown with it but a couple of bosses?

If they had a New Game + or Difficulty + mode, it'd be great if you could carry over munny, accessories, and non-story obtained Keyblades to give them a bit of extra use.

I'll try again now. It was giving me a webpage not available readout.

Works fine for me. Refresh or open it in another browser.

Spider-Man6592

I want difficulty+ modes bitch!!! I rack up all these hours leveling up and collecting items and keyblades, but can barely use it all :frown:let me replay the game with muh goodies!

I channeled my inner Jesse Pinkman.

And yes that's really how I responded to "Anything else we should know?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back