• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Any help with high school?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
Okay, so today was my first day of High School, and it's crazy. My High School is HUGE and my classes are all over the place. My locker is nowhere near my classes and it seems as if everybody is taller than me! And to make matters worse, I'm the only freshman in my WHOLE Spanish class! Everybody else are sophomores and upperclassmen! I'm scared for my life!

Can anybody please tell me some of their stories from high school that will let me know that high school isn't as bad as it seems? I'd really appreciate the help!
:23:

Chimubar

Imma touch the sky
Lyke, I can't really help you in this situation because my first day of high school isn't till next week. But, like I'll be sure to tell you my stories once I start. As for advice, just because you're short. Or you're lockers aren't near your classes doesn't mean its gonna suck. Like try to make friends with the older kids in your spanish class... having friends in a higher grade than you can like make you're school life somewhat better... hope that helps some.

Naryx15

I started high school last Tuesday. It was kind of intimidating at first but it's...not bad at all. At least mine isn't.

Just don't be scared. Or at least don't LOOK scared. That's one way to get messed with.. :D You've really got nothing to be afraid of.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
With the locker situation-- until you get used to your school (which you will eventually) carry every thing that you need with you. When you feel comfortable, see when you have time between your classes to stop at your locker, and do so :p It'll only take a week or two to get used to! As for being the only freshman, don't worry about it. Upper classmen don't really hate on freshmen. High school goes by extremely fast, so make friends and enjoy it :]

I'm a sophomore in college, and I can say that it is infinitely better than high school. However, it's less personal and much larger. Find people to talk to and have fun with in every class and you'll enjoy your time wayyy more.

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
I started high school last Tuesday. It was kind of intimidating at first but it's...not bad at all. At least mine isn't.

Just don't be scared. Or at least don't LOOK scared. That's one way to get messed with.. :D
Hahaha, thanks! I can't help it though! I'm naturally scared! O_O;;

But, like I'll be sure to tell you my stories once I start.
Like try to make friends with the older kids in your spanish class... having friends in a higher grade than you can like make you're school life somewhat better... hope that helps some.
Yes, it does... some. I overheard the kids in my Spanish class and they are total pigs. The only thing the do is smoke and party. And this other kid has his feet up onto the side of my desk. They have no manners whatsoever. It's disgusting and I would rather not make friends with this sort of people.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
It's a pretty easy adjustment to get used to. I got adjusted to it in the middle of the first day, to be honest, but I also have a very small high school. And you shouldn't be scared for your life when it comes to upperclassman. They aren't even close to anything you would see on TV.

hood

I'd like to say that high school wasn't that bad but on my first day, I got shot.

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
I'd like to say that high school wasn't that bad but on my first day, I got shot.
You're kidding, right? I'm sorry!
:eek:

Second day of high school... seriously wasn't as bad. I was more sociable and a girl I don't talk to told me she liked my shirt (not sure if it was sarcasm or not). I still haven't touched my locker, but I don't think I'm going to need it for a while. I switched out of that Spanish class and got into a new one, and I could literally call it paradise compared to the other class. Thanks for the help and the tips. You might say it was nothing but I really needed something to up my spirits, yanno?
Now I'm excited for the rest of high school.
:lol:

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Last year, which was my first year of college, I was scared as shit because I was surrounded by people who I had never met in my life who were not only older than me, but were taller than me. And there were around 5,000 of them. All in one college. And the college has like six massive buildings and about seven canteens and lockers located everywhere. Not only that, the classes were hard as hell, tutors would stand you up and if you didn't know an answer you'd get humiliated and feel like a right fucking idiot. But it's okay now.

In other words: you'll get used to it. When you're scared, just think about the other kids out there who have it worse than you.

D

Deleted member 36435

Upper classmen aren't to bad but you'll get the occasional douche-bag sophmore who thinks he's so much tougher and better then you. Tell him to kindly fuck off and you'll be fine.

Also, I never used my locker in my freshmen year either. I just go a messenger bag put what I needed in there and my locker was used for coats, sweatshirts, spare clothing (you never know) and a place to put any papers or folders I usually don't use.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Okay, so today was my first day of High School, and it's crazy. My High School is HUGE and my classes are all over the place. My locker is nowhere near my classes and it seems as if everybody is taller than me! And to make matters worse, I'm the only freshman in my WHOLE Spanish class! Everybody else are sophomores and upperclassmen! I'm scared for my life!

Can anybody please tell me some of their stories from high school that will let me know that high school isn't as bad as it seems? I'd really appreciate the help!
:23:
Teehee. :3
Everyone goes through this. Regardless of how tough you think you are in 8th grade, freshmen year is just scary. Gets better next year in sophomore. Believe me.
Just don't worry about upperclassmen, lowerclassmen, etc. It helps a lot. Try joining a club. Got me through school pretty nicely.

LionHeart14

I can relate Disc Jockey. Monday was my first day of high school too. But my school districts weird and you don't actually go into the highschool building until sophomore year instead of freshman lol. The Jr and Sr high are linked together by a hallway though so I've been to the highschool before... Okay, back on topic.

Same as your school, my classes are EEEVVVEEERRRYYYWWHHHEEERRREEE!!! and my locker is nowhere near them! I can only fit so many books into my backpack, but everytime I go to my locker, I end up being late for the next class!! Plus, I miss having lunch with all my friends (my high school doesnt organize lunch by grade) and I miss my teachers from last year (especially my German teacher, who I had from 7th-9th grade).
It's a good thing you transferred out of that Spanish class. That would be terrifying lol. I hope things are going better for you now!

Papou

Being the only freshman in a class is really no big deal. As a whole, the freshman class is usually very annoying. But people aren't going to judge you just because you are a freshman. As far as I know, that cliche only exists in movies. Don't be afraid to socialize with the people in your class. The more you put it off the more awkward it will be when you actually do.

Most people like using a locker but I've never used it. I preferred to carry everything in a bag or backpack and in my arms because going to the locker and trying to open it was so annoying. You may want to see how you do without using the locker.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Really, it's not that big of a deal, high school I mean.

Just be yourself, you'll find friends yaddayaddayadda.

What I'm saying is don't stress/overthink it. If you do, you won't last.

Allister Rose

French Lover
my suggestion is dont stand out. try not to talk to people who stare at you rudely, and try to keep friends at a minimal so things wont get too complicated during the year

Death

Your #1 Bruh
Well thats how i was in high school last year and i was always quiet so people didn't really bug me but then i just let myself loose and now all of sohpmores( cause thats what year where all in now ) know me

that and i brought gum to school so bring alot of gum and ask people if they want some cuz you WILL turn porular like that

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Amie, you know that isn't true.
We did have that threat, though. And then threats in school started to become a fad around Geneva... which was pretty cool.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I honestly found middle school way worse than high school. Despite what the media shows, high school can be way relaxed, sure every now and then you get drama but it's nothing like the television shows. I got picked on ten times more in middle school than high school. And I haven't really been picked on since freshman year. It's real easy to get used to. I never use my locker personally, just carry my backpack around with me. But really, high school is great. It goes by so fast.

Oathkeeper(:

Just be yourself, really. Make friends with the sophomores and upperclassmen, they're usually really cool. Well, at least they are at my school :)
You'll grow taller, and you'll get used to the running around. High school really is awesome, I'm going to be a sophomore this year and I know it's not that old, but freshman year went by so quickly and I made so many great friends. I love high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back