• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any chance of a PS3 release?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
From this site and others. They started making it directly after the second game. It's common knowledge.

Only in your dreams.
It was in fact the opposite as Nomura himself stated more than often until 2012 to not expect KH III at all.
They didn't start to truly work on KH III until 2012 (planning stage) and it was announced only in 2013.

There are no official statements that say otherwise so this "common knowledge" is nothing but unfounded fanwank and clickbait.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
From this site and others. They started making it directly after the second game. It's common knowledge.
You're quite presumptuous, aren't you?

That's a common misconception. KH3 was not in development until recently. Up til the last few recent years, Nomura and the dev teams have been focused on all the other games that could tie into KH3, but not KH3 itself.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Also a little project called FFXIII Versus was Nomura's main focus for a long time. I think still around when DDD was released he was talking about Versus in some intrviews.

Xelon99

Awards
In defence of LingeringVanitas, I still have a pre-order standing out for KH3 on the PS3 at some toy store here. I haven't seen a single post or article about it back then, but just assumed it would be released on the PS3. Didn't expect all other games to come first. And the store never removes a pre-order. But point is, I assumed KH3 would be released about a year or two after KH2. That's pretty common for games. I was wrong, but it's not too big of a deal

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Essentially, Persona 3 Portable was the re-release of Persona 3 for the PS2. One could argue that it was an inferior version, but it was fully customized for the PSP. So it wouldn't be the first time a company releases a game on an inferior console.

But really, I presume that the main purpose of Back Cover and 0.2 is to give a player a preview of what KH3 will look like on current gen consoles.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Nomura, interviewed right after KHII came out:

---Does that mean you already have a plot for KHIII?
Nomura: Hmm... I have an idea but it can't be helped because my team are planning to work on our next different title. So we're not working on KHIII now and we're not planning to work on it for some time, too.

That title was Versus XIII, which kept the original KH team occupied while other teams eventually made the handheld titles. So, no. It's a common misconception that it was started on after KHII and that it would be for the PS3.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I am confused about how this misconception that KHIII has been in the making after II is still around. Were folks even get this info? Do people google KHIII and trust the first shady looking site that says such things?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I am confused about how this misconception that KHIII has been in the making after II is still around. Were folks even get this info? Do people google KHIII and trust the first shady looking site that says such things?
You'd be surprised how out of the loop casual fans are and websites that write clickbait article that people believe. Plus I think the KHII secret ending of BBS was titled "Kingdom Hearts 3" on YouTube for a while.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
You'd be surprised how out of the loop casual fans are and websites that write clickbait article that people believe. Plus I think the KHII secret ending of BBS was titled "Kingdom Hearts 3" on YouTube for a while.

Oh yeah, I think I remember that. When I was young back in the days when KHII had launched and saw the secret ending, I too thought at first that it was III. But after a few years went on I understood that that it was BBS and III was not in production. I remember reading articles from this site and KH13 about Days and BBS, wondering who the heck Xion was.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
There's a benefit for it being on the PS4, Dream Drop Distance has a good chance of having faster loading times (as the PS4 is apparently easier to program for than the PS3). The only thing that doesn't guarantee this is the fact that Back Cover and A Fragmentary Passage are running on Unreal Engine 4 in a collection format.

But back to the topic, the PS3 is outdated by today's standards. It's a console that released in 2007. The remixes were extremely late in the PlayStation 3's lifecycle to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back