• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any chance of a PS3 release?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelon99

Awards
Just asking, haven't really been able to keep up with the news the past few months. So it already was a shock that it came on PS4 for me.

But my "question" is, is there or would there be any chance of 2.8 coming to the PS3 in the future? I mean in my eyes it would be strange to put all but one remakes and ports on one console, but Square has made dubious choices in the past so I wouldn't be too surprised. But still, it would be nice.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Nah.
You can't just release a PS4 game on the PS3. And that's nothing companies really do. Sometimes games are released simultaneously on multiple consoles (happened a lot in the PS2/PS3 era iirc), but I've never seen a game released for a platform re-release for an older one.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The Aqua game & Back Cover are basically running on Unreal Engine 4, which a PS3 has no chance of running.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
*Sigh* I wish........ =_=

Awards
The Aqua game & Back Cover are basically running on Unreal Engine 4, which a PS3 has no chance of running.
Pretty much this. If it were on PS3 they'd have to both heavily downgrade 0.2 and Back Cover AND do some stuff with DDD HD that would take up a lot of time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You wouldn't want 2.8 on the PS3 anyways. It has found its rightful home with the PS4 that is allowing it to reach its potential

LingeringVanitas

They were originally making it for the ps3. In fact it was confirmed. Until they changed their minds and decided to wait for the ps4 to be released then they started to work on the ps4 version instead. Which basically ruins all chances of me ever playing it.

Oh wait, scratch that. Didn't realize this was posted in the 2.8 section. KH3 was the one that was confirmed originally for ps3....I'm sorry

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH3 was the one that was confirmed originally for ps3....I'm sorry

It was never confirmed for PS3. In fact, in interviews they said that when they began making KH3 it just so happened to fall when PS4 dev kits were being sent out so it was the natural thing to go with. I'd like to know where you got your information lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Reminds me of the good ol' days of people wishing KH3 would come to PS2.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
"i have a microwave dinner, i'm wondering if they can release fireproof packaging so i can cook it with firewood and my regret"

Xelon99

Awards
it is i, deceptor of the innocent. he who whispers from the trees.
I swear I'm going to cut that tree down someday. This is why we have forest fires

Nah.
You can't just release a PS4 game on the PS3. And that's nothing companies really do. Sometimes games are released simultaneously on multiple consoles (happened a lot in the PS2/PS3 era iirc), but I've never seen a game released for a platform re-release for an older one.
Yeah was afraid of that. Wouldn't really make sense to begin with, a re-release on an older console. Guess I'll have to suck it up and either buy a ps4 as well or just miss out on a game

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah was afraid of that. Wouldn't really make sense to begin with, a re-release on an older console. Guess I'll have to suck it up and either buy a ps4 as well or just miss out on a game

You'd miss out on KH III as well then except if you plan on getting the XbOne version.

Even if it would be feasible sales-wise it would still be impossible to realize as the PS3 cannot handle X Back Cover and BBS 0.2 which will be made in the same engine as KH III.

Xelon99

Awards
Planning on going for the Xbone version. I've always preferred the 360 and Xbone over the ps3 and ps4, so it would be a logical choice for me. Though if I were to get a PS4 for 2.8, I'll be getting KH3 on PS4 as well. Keep it in the family.

I've got time to think about it anyway. The new Unreal Engine is worth the effort and this remake will mostly be new content for a change...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Planning on going for the Xbone version. I've always preferred the 360 and Xbone over the ps3 and ps4, so it would be a logical choice for me. Though if I were to get a PS4 for 2.8, I'll be getting KH3 on PS4 as well. Keep it in the family.

I've got time to think about it anyway. The new Unreal Engine is worth the effort and this remake will mostly be new content for a change...
I'd say go for PS4. There will be certain advantages to it :).

LingeringVanitas

It was never confirmed for PS3. In fact, in interviews they said that when they began making KH3 it just so happened to fall when PS4 dev kits were being sent out so it was the natural thing to go with. I'd like to know where you got your information lol
From this site and others. They started making it directly after the second game. It's common knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back