• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any Animes? Good Animes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas-XIII

Ok... I am looking for any good animes to start watching. Does anyone have anything awesome, that i would be interested in?

To give you an idea of what ive already seen...

Elfen Lied
Soul Eater
Cardcaptors
Naruto
DNAngel
Pokemon (if you consider it an anime - but its far too repetitive for me)
Tsubasa Chronicles
Shining Tears X Wind (cant say i got interested)

There may be more that i dont remember, but thats the just of it. So please, if you have any good animes that you would recommend please do, because i havent had any to watch in a very long time and i want to get back to watching some. Thanks :D

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Death Note.
Monster.
Darker than Black.
Death Note is pretty short, but imo it's pretty good for about 32-36 episodes?

NeoEevee

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. The first season (simply titled... well, look to the left a little) suffers from some rather slow pacing up until the very end, but it's only 13 episodes long. If it really bothers you, go ahead and skip to the second season (MGLN A's) which is the series's ace in the hole. Also, ignore the title. This show only pretends to be a Magical Girl show after it's 8th episode.

Hellsing. The TV series is.. meh. Except for an awesome soundtrack. But the OVAs (Hellsing Ultimate) are amazing. Go watch. Right now.

Digimon. Any of the five seasons, but I personally recommend the third one, Tamers. And the dub, for the record, is not as bad as people make it out to be.

Chrono Crusade. The manga is better than the anime, but I recommend it anyway. =p

Nami

usually not funny
I personally recommend Macross Frontier. It's a mecha, but don't let that turn you off. There's a lot of regular action, romance, comedy and it's a musical, which is unique.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
D N Angel was a good anime, but I wish they had a lot more episodes. ^^;

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I recomend Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's very mind boggling.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So uh.
Your tastes suck.

The hell is with all the kids shows? Beyblade is on at 4 am for a reason.

Let's see.

In no order:

Hell Girl - Very pretty, kind of one of the "woah, did that actually happen? holy shit." anime. Seems pretty dumb at a glance, but it isn't and you get hooked fast.

Clannad - First glance, you will feel really gay for watching this, I swear. And I'm a girl.
One of the best choices I've ever made with an anime, I swear. The characters are so good and you will feel so attached.

Kimi ni Todoke - A shoujo but a damn good one. Natural characters, dialogue, etc. It's new so episodes are still coming out.

Fullmetal Alchemist - I suggest reading the manga. The first season is decent but at the point where they go on their own, it got really confusing and bad. Brotherhood is goooood stuff.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Fun, different, characters are fresh, the music is cool. I have fun watching this show all the time. Only downside is 2nd season's Endless 8. I still love it.

Chobits - A classic shoujo. Robots, boobs, comedy, love, etc.

Bakemonogatari - If you don't like wordplay and witty dialogue, you won't like this one. There's a lot of talking. Some action, but the main basis of this series is playing with words and figuring out the story. It was considered a mystery novel I believe.

Kannagi - A bit boring on the ending but I enjoyed watching it. The characters were interesting and I actually gave a crap about them.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Great comedy show. Full of references so you may be confused in some parts. The manga that's out explains most of them since most Americans don't really know about famous drummers from there for one example. But even so, references aside, the jokes that are there are actually funny and easy to relate to. Be ready for fanservice.

Trigun - Classic.

Cowboy Bebop - Classic.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Mecha anime. Now. I'm going to say this: I don't really like mecha anime all that much.
I absolutely loved this show.

There are probably more. I'm just blanking right now.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
dragonball Z.

As much as I love DBZ, it's overrated and not really that great.

Is Fireball considered an anime? I would recommend that even though each episode is only like a minute and a half long. But they're hilarious. Oh, and of course 5 Centimeters Per Second.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
General rule of thumb:

Always give people a basic knowledge of what you are (not) interested in before asking for suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back