• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anti-Form, useful?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is Anti-Form Useful?

• Yes

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • What's That?

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Saiyan

anti-form is FUN when you use it on a ton of heartless and against some bosses but against a boss that can do a ton of damage (especially true for proud mode) it can be a pain cuz you can't heal yourself. the worst is when you go into anti-form against xaldin.....I'm not sure how I survived that one

Jazz

No it isn't, to be honest. When fighting heartless and nobodies, maybe, but against bosses it proves to be horrible. You can't use reaction commands, you can't pick up HP orbs, you can't use items, and you can't revert!...I once turned into Antisora during a fight against Xaldin, which was bad news. >.< I pretty much spend the entire duration of the form just running away so I wouldn't die.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
It is very weak, especially in tight situations. sure you can jump around like a crazy moron but that won't help when you finally get smacked.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
O can't think of the name of the organization member at the moment...(Its the one with the eyepatch and the gun thing that shoots those purple bullets.)But it took me like 4-5 tries till i beat him. Finally i got the antiform and kisked his ass so fast! I was really surprised!

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
^lol, Xigbar. I know, that happened to me too, except antiform was what got me killed. I like antiform, but I can never get it to use its full potential. I'm lame like that.

Devil Saiyan

No it isn't, to be honest. When fighting heartless and nobodies, maybe, but against bosses it proves to be horrible. You can't use reaction commands, you can't pick up HP orbs, you can't use items, and you can't revert!...I once turned into Antisora during a fight against Xaldin, which was bad news. >.< I pretty much spend the entire duration of the form just running away so I wouldn't die.

yep. Xaldin (especially on proud mode) can go screw a goat.

MrXIII

I think Anti-Form is very useful. It just requires a different playing style to use it efficiently.

For normal enemies, the Anti-Form's quick attacks can effectively stunlock any enemy, and keep you out of danger.

For bosses, effectively using Anti-Form involves knowing the boss and his attack pattern well enough to avoid any excessive damage, massively attacking whenever he's open, and dodging the attacks at all costs when he's not.

There are some exceptions where this is not always a good idea, i.e. the boss battle against Xaldin, or Saix's berserk mode, or even Xigbar's... Freeshooting on this tiny mini-platform. But other than that, Anti-Form is definitely useful.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
It's much more fun then functional.

I'd rather have a revertable form for important battles, but weak groups are entertaining to devastate with it's speed.

Keywielder28

I don't know.I think it's in a cardboard box.
Website
www.crunchyroll.com
yeah i mean you cant go back to normal yadda,yadda thing that people had said about it.if you are at a low level then you are most likely to have a critical life and eventually....you....know(die) and start all over again.
also it depends in which situation you're in

All this is true not unless you put in the cheat code to be able to use it as an actual drive.I have the cheat code but I forgot where I had put it at.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
I love the anti-form but sometimes it has the worst timing, like when the guy in The World That Never Was who teleports and fires things at you (can't remember his name) turns invincible and fires at you for ages. I was anti-form during that on my first play through the game and died.

Yuna Ashe

It's not usefull, I seriously hate this form, it's useless and weak. Like everyone else said, the only good thing is you can move faster than usual.

MrXIII

Perhaps most people here find it so bad because they do not know how to efficiently use it. Given an average player on normal mode who follows all the Level suggestions when entering the worlds (i.e. is at Lvl50 when he enters The World That Never Was), most bosses require mostly button mashing (either X or O, depending on your region), with the occasional Curaga spell thrown in in between (which is way too wide-ranged and strong in KH2... it was nicer in KH1, where you actually had to cast it every few seconds if you were getting owned, but that's just my opinion), and maybe one or two moments where the player goes "OMG, mai draiv gaaage iz at Lvl3! Maibeh I shud switch to dat UBER PWNAGE VALOR FORM an do EVEN MOAR BATTON MESHING" (hope you can decipher this).

However, if you practice a bit, and learn how to use Anti-Form the way it is, you will find out that it can be used effectively. It just might require a change of tactics, i.e. from "spam Reflega until everything is nuked" to "run in, pull off a short combo, retreat and dodge, then attack again". Anti-Form is a challenge, and a sort of emergency brake for Form Change spammers. View it that way, and you'll sooner or later understand how to properly use it.

That said, I believe Anti-Form on Proud Mode (and Critical Mode on KH2:FM+) must be a total killer. For the player that is. Damage on those levels is already high, and doubling it by switching into Anti-Form is probably an instant death sentence, especially Saix's berserk mode. So yes, it's probably pretty much in the way there. On the other hand, if you have played on proud mode and then switch back to normal mode and find yourself in Anti-Form, you should have no problems dealing with it, as you should by then have a feeling for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back