• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anti-Drug Ads

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Basically all the anti drug/alcohol/smoking ads on the T.V. and everywhere else. Thought it was something possibly good to bring up, maybe not.

I personally think the ads are pretty good, but should be getting to people a little bit more. Good for them to point out that most of the people in the commercials are teenagers since they usually start off smoking at that age. I'd say the Above the Influence commercials are somewhat good, I like "Mirror" You can see their ads here:

The Ads | AboveTheInfluence.com

The Truth ads seem to be just as effective and have a way of getting people's attention such as with the "Magical Amount" and the dude that went around talking about drug or smoking facts. No matter how stupid and weird it looks, they get attention.

What do you think about them? Think they're effective and explain alot? Get through to people? What more could they do to improve it? Do tell.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
No, they didn't work for me when I fell into them.

I think these anti-drug ads are actually a good thing. Because what they say, it's true. everything.
I recommend people to actually listen to them and pay attention, because what they say about:
"losing interest in what you've had before" and "the inability of thinking for yourself."
It's very true.
and not a good experience to go through.
I've been sober for over a year now, which is great and all. And I'm slowly becoming "normal" I guess you could say. Just not in the same way I was before I started using.
Being involved with drugs, it's a big mess. You wouldn't want to get involved.

So I recommend, follow these ads. Don't do drugs.
It goes for everybody.
In a way their effective if you listen to them.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I'd say I could respect them more if they moved from Marijuana and had campaigns against something that's actually harmful, because frankly, Weed is hardly anything you have to worry about. In a list of recreational drugs and their affect on the Human Body, Weed is significantly less harmful then Cigarettes and Alcohol, yet it's the one illegal. Why? Because it's too hard for the Government to profit off of it as a commercial product, because unlike the others Weed is from nature, not artificially created in a lab.

If they actually tried to educate people on legitimate threats like Heroin, Cocaine, etc. then I could respect what they're doing, but the fact that they attack Weed and portray when someone does Weed as if they were a crack junkie giving BJs for their next fix, it's just stupid.

.Oji

&#36196;&#12356;&#12486;&#12461;&#12473;&#12488;
^ My sentiments exactly. Due to the goverments fear mongering, weed was banned, virtually because people were smoking it (the only reason I can see). For the past century, people were smoking weed, using it for medicinal purposes, and even boiling it to have as a cup of tea. If the goverment was able to interdict the use of marijuana, then why not cigarettes, a drug which is legitimately more harmful to the lungs? Summarily, it's the greed factor that leads goverment to enact w/e plans they may have before the logical factor. Evidently, it's true when they say ignorance is bliss.

As for the Anti-Drug Ads, I personally don't think they do anything significant, especially when the ads they publicize seems like mere badinage. The whole "Musical" approach doesn't seem very earnest to me, imo.

Vicodin

relative power
I agree with Muffin.

I think the commercials and stuff are some of the coolest shit on TV. xD They're well done, and they DO catch people's attention.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
What I like is that these ads just focused solely on weed. Which is funny because I find myself more surrounded by ecstasy than weed.

I just hate seeing these ads in my comic books. "I smoke weed to impress the ladies" Shit, I don't know about anyone else but if I wanted to impress a girl I wouldn't do or take anything. Because the moment you smoke something, take something or drink, BANG, chances are all gone. Mainly because of they way you behave when high or drunk. It's less than impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back