• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Ant-Man

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdog

Awards
Ant-Man

Ant-Man-Comic-Con_612x942.jpg

Ant-Man is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics characters of the same name : Scott Lang and Hank Pym. The film is produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is intended to be the twelfth installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Peyton Reed is set to direct the film written by Edgar Wright, Joe Cornish and Adam McKay, with Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly and Corey Stoll starring. In Ant-Man, Lang must help defend Dr. Pym's Ant-Man technology and plot a heist with worldwide ramifications.

Learn about Ant-Man

Scott Lang (Earth-616) - Marvel Comics Database

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
Definitely a great character if executed correctly, much more to him than just shrinking to the size of an ant. Can also grow too, and don't forget about ants strength when it comes to things larger than them. ;P

I updated the main post with a link to his Marvel Wiki page, at least the one that will be portrayed in the film.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm still so in love with the casting for this movie but I'm really disappointed by Edgar Wright leaving. ;~;

Can't wait for a trailer.

Sdog

Awards
I'm still so in love with the casting for this movie but I'm really disappointed by Edgar Wright leaving. ;~;

Edgar leaving definitely did leave worries for me on this film for awhile but I have faith in Marvel for chosing directors. And I'm not too sure how to feel about the casting to be honest, I enjoy Rudd very much but it might take some getting used to thinking of him as a 'hero'.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I only know much about Ant-Man from Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the animated films, Ultimate Avengers, Ultimate Avengers 2: Rise of the Black Panther, and Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow.

So, I'm feeling little iffy about this; Not to mention, Wright leaving the project made me sad since he has been working on it for like eight years or so. :/ But hopefully, Marvel can get their heads screwed on straight and fix it before the release date after the release of Avengers: Age of Ultron. ^_^

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
The pic kinda screams "gritty anti-hero" compared to the other films. It's no Frank Castle or Ghost Rider but still.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Never have I been as excited for a film as I am for Ant-Man.

Because it's frickin' Ant-Man.

Now if only Wasp were involved~

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Paul Rudd's the only reason I'm still holding out hope for this. Please don't be another Iron Man 2, please don't be another Iron Man 2, please don't be another Iron Man 2, please don't be another Iron Man 2, please don't be another Iron Man 2, please don't be another Iron Man 2.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Paul Rudd's the only reason I'm still holding out hope for this. Please don't be another Iron Man 2, please don't be another Iron Man 2, please don't be another Iron Man 2, please don't be another Iron Man 2, please don't be another Iron Man 2, please don't be another Iron Man 2.
Don't forget Mr. Patrick Wilson.

Can anything be as bad as Iron Man 2..?

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I rather enjoyed Iron Man 2. I mean it's not as good as the other two films, or the rest of the movies in the MCU, but I still found it to be enjoyable.

Aside from Justin Hammer. And the slow pacing of the first hour.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I adore Sam Rockwell, haha. His part wasn't great but I can't hate the guy in anything he does.

The movie unfortunately does suffer from a lot of problems that probably could have been avoided by just giving the movie a bit more love and care. Hopefully Ant-Man doesn't get the same treatment after all of this director drama.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I adore Sam Rockwell, haha. His part wasn't great but I can't hate the guy in anything he does.

The movie unfortunately does suffer from a lot of problems that probably could have been avoided by just giving the movie a bit more love and care. Hopefully Ant-Man doesn't get the same treatment after all of this director drama.

Sam Rockwell is a wonderful actor. Anything he does is instantly great. Or at least, durable if it's a horrible movie in other aspects.

Also, loving that anti-hero thing going on in that pic. Then again, Paul Rudd does great in anything he does, sooo...:3

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Iron Man 2 is the red headed step child of the MCU, and the amount of studio interference in that movie is the reason why John Favreau opted not to do Iron Man 3. The only other instance of a director not agreeing with the producers to the point of walking away from the director's chair is Ant Man, which is why I'm worried.

Also, loving that anti-hero thing going on in that pic.

BOOOOOO

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Sam Rockwell is a wonderful actor. Anything he does is instantly great. Or at least, durable if it's a horrible movie in other aspects.
RIGHT? He has a very unique charm to him.

Iron Man 2 is the red headed step child of the MCU, and the amount of studio interference in that movie is the reason why John Favreau opted not to do Iron Man 3. The only other instance of a director not agreeing with the producers to the point of walking away from the director's chair is Ant Man, which is why I'm worried.
The entire situation is pretty worrisome and it's frustrating because I feel like Marvel has gotten to a point where they're better than this. I need to see a trailer to be able to form any sort of opinion, though.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Honestly I loved his little bit in All Hail the King, that Trevor Slattery-focused One Shot. It was perfect haha

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I did get to see this while in Colorado for a little getaway and man, this is the best film to enjoy bar none except for Avengers 2 and really can't wait to get the Blu-ray of it to really get everything in one sitting due to me being deaf.

However, one thing I did like about this was the Sam vs Scott fight scene. That was rather unique, wasn't it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back