• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ant Issue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnknownEnigma

So, we all have been through the burdens of ants. Popping up when not needed, popping in not wanted, etc. This morning, i woke up to find the pizza box i ordered from last night covered in ants. I opened it and drastically tried to save my loves. 2 out of 3 boxes were saved, those saved still had a few ants on them.....i started a huge fight within myself.
Keep, or not?

What does anyone here know about ants? Especially on food. Should i still keep it? Can i eat it? Is it safe? Are they dirty, clean, what? Much appreciated. Its almost lunch time too so lol....thanks again all.

UnknownEnigma

Well, i ate about 3 slices. Heated them up in the oven, and just took it like a man. Not as flavorful as usual but still somewhat satisfying.....thats somewhat interesting too that theyre eating elsewhere....but i wanna know here. On food. Clean or not. thanks again guys

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Since ants have been out in the world, have tracked dirt, other bugs, and possibly bug feces on their bodies, they're not the cleanliest things to eat, especially on your pizza.

However, it is possible to eat ants. It's done- all bugs are edible- it's just why you would want to eat them?

Personally, me, I would have thrown the pizza away and called an exterminator. Also, I wouldn't be so stupid as to leave my pizza out over night during the spring time, when ants are finally coming out from winter.

Have you ever heard of a refrigerator? They're these really great contraptions that keep your food cold, fresh longer, and bug-less.

If you're fine with eating ants on your pizza, then by all means, go right ahead. I doubt it's going to kill you. Your immune system is probably strong enough to handle anything that they might carry on them or in them.

If you wish to eat ants alone, I would suggest boiling them, possibly, and then dipping them in chocolate. Perhaps fry them. People seem to like it in other countries.

Grey

Well, i ate about 3 slices. Heated them up in the oven, and just took it like a man. Not as flavorful as usual but still somewhat satisfying.....thats somewhat interesting too that theyre eating elsewhere....but i wanna know here. On food. Clean or not. thanks again guys

As far as I know, Ants aren't very well known for carrying diseases...they mostly just infest things, bite.

Ants are edible, and a lot of countries eat them. There are even some delicacies where ants are covered in chocolate and eaten.

I want to say they're a source of protein...

I don't think it's that big of a deal if you ate a piece of pizza or three that didn't seem to have many ants on them. If you ate a pizza that was swarming with live ones, your mouth could get bitten...though I can't think of anything worse that could happen with eating an ant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back