• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ansem the Wise has already been to the Realm of Darkness?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I finished watching the theater mode for BBS last night (just because) and during Blank Points AtW said something that I realized slipped past me somehow before. Aqua asks him who he is and he says he can't remember who he is but that "this is the second time I have been on these shores", is what I believe he says. This scene is obviously after the events of KH2 but when did he go to the RoD before? Was it explained in other games and I'm just forgetting some details or is this the first mention of it?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
When Xehanort turned on him, he and the apprentices banished him to a realm of nothingness. The Realm of Darkness, so it seems.

Gram

Banned
Awards
There's also the possibility that "those shores" was were he emerged after escaping the Realm of Nothingness or perhaps he's referring to something other than his banishment.

Several ways to look at it really. =3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Here's an excerpt from the BBS Ultimania to back up Tinny:

Q16: What happened to Ansem the Wise?
A: He is wandering in the realm of darkness.

Ansem the Wise, who banished to the realm of nothingness by his six apprentices. In KHII, he wanted to release the Kingdom Hearts made from people’s hearts that the Nobodies of his apprentices had created. The machine that he used for that end exploded, taking him with it. It looked as though he disappeared, but we know from the secret event in BbS that he was sent into the realm of darkness.

Ultimately we can assume that he was referring to where he landed upon his banishment at the hand of his apprentices. The shores of the Dark Margin are identical and there's no real way to tell the difference other than judging from which realm you came in from.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Realm of Nothingness and Realm of Darkness are similar in principle. There's barely a difference. Why send Pete to the former? That's pretty harsh.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Keep in mind that he's also kind of in Sora's heart or something? Like, as data? That confused me a bit.

kh13

You know i feel like the realm of darkness and the realm of nothingness might actually be two different places.
like maybe in the realm of nothingness there really is nothing but in the realm of darkness there is a doorway to get out.
You know a place to come back into the light.

as for when AtW had been there the first time i think it was when Xehanort turned on him. That could explain why later AtW is able to use the power of darkness himself.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I wonder what time this took place. It kind of confused me. DDD made it seem like he was gone for good, but now that he met Aqua in the Realm of Darkness...maybe he's alive? Well as they say, no one truly dies in the KH universe.

Keep in mind that he's also kind of in Sora's heart or something? Like, as data? That confused me a bit.

I am here to save the day!

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED:
While Namine was reconstructing Sora's memories, she ran across Ven's memories in Sora's heart and stumbled across the many connections that Sora had forged. She confronted DiZ about this, but there wasn't any time to further investigate because the Organization was on their tails.

Ansem was already starting to regret what he'd done to Roxas and at the last minute began researching a way to bring back anyone who was lost. DiZ implanted the results of his research into Sora's heart just before he woke up, knowing that neither he nor Namine would survive the encounter with the Organization and tell him themselves. Namine implanted a similar failsafe in Jiminy's Journal, which is what you saw in re:coded.

Ansem was blown to the Dark Realm when the Kingdom Hearts encoder exploded at the end of Kingdom Hearts II. He washed up on the dark realm's beach and Aqua found him not much later. That scene is a relatively recent one as far as the timeline of Kingdom Hearts goes. I can't believe how many heads this particular part has flown over since the game's release, but explicitly stating- yes Ansem the Wise is alive and Aqua found him around the same time Re:Coded happened.

The Data Avatar you meet in DDD in Sora's heart is Ansem's research that he implanted while Sora was asleep in KH2. The Data Ansem had no way of knowing the real Ansem's fate, and existed only to pass along his research on how to restore a heart that's been lost.

kh13

I am here to save the day!

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED:
While Namine was reconstructing Sora's memories, she ran across Ven's memories in Sora's heart and stumbled across the many connections that Sora had forged. She confronted DiZ about this, but there wasn't any time to further investigate because the Organization was on their tails.

Ansem was already starting to regret what he'd done to Roxas and at the last minute began researching a way to bring back anyone who was lost. DiZ implanted the results of his research into Sora's heart just before he woke up, knowing that neither he nor Namine would survive the encounter with the Organization and tell him themselves. Namine implanted a similar failsafe in Jiminy's Journal, which is what you saw in re:coded.

Ansem was blown to the Dark Realm when the Kingdom Hearts encoder exploded at the end of Kingdom Hearts II. He washed up on the dark realm's beach and Aqua found him not much later. That scene is a relatively recent one as far as the timeline of Kingdom Hearts goes. I can't believe how many heads this particular part has flown over since the game's release, but explicitly stating- yes Ansem the Wise is alive and Aqua found him around the same time Re:Coded happened.

The Data Avatar you meet in DDD in Sora's heart is Ansem's research that he implanted while Sora was asleep in KH2. The Data Ansem had no way of knowing the real Ansem's fate, and existed only to pass along his research on how to restore a heart that's been lost.

This somehow made complete sense to me. Then later I'm going to reread this and wonder how it made complete sense to me xD
This information is awesome! thanks for the explanation!

MyNameisAnsem

The Data Ansem had no way of knowing the real Ansem's fate, and existed only to pass along his research on how to restore a heart that's been lost.

Is it at all possible that Ansem knew he would end up in the RoD at the time he put the data in Sora's heart?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
When Xehanort turned on him, he and the apprentices banished him to a realm of nothingness. The Realm of Darkness, so it seems.

Ah that's right. I forgot about the secret reports. But how he got from the RoN to the RoD is a mystery in itself. Now that I think about it how did AtW get back to the RoL after he was banished?

There's also the possibility that "those shores" was were he emerged after escaping the Realm of Nothingness or perhaps he's referring to something other than his banishment.

Several ways to look at it really. =3

I would assume he managed to get to the RoD through the RoN somehow. I mean if this was another incident he was talking about then how unlucky do you have to be to be sent to the RoN/RoD three times? :p

MyNameisAnsem

Ah that's right. I forgot about the secret reports. But how he got from the RoN to the RoD is a mystery in itself. Now that I think about it how did AtW get back to the RoL after he was banished?

Was the RoN mentioned specifically, or was it a realm of nothingness? If the second case is true, then he could have just been thrown into the RoD. As for how he got out, didn't he learn to use Corridors of Darkness?

Gram

Banned
Awards
I would assume he managed to get to the RoD through the RoN somehow. I mean if this was another incident he was talking about then how unlucky do you have to be to be sent to the RoN/RoD three times? :p
More like the other way around. His KH2 reports mention banishment to the RoN then he comments in Blank Points he's been to those shores before.
So more like he's sent to RoN, escapes to RoD where the shore is and from there Twilight Town.

MyNameisAnsem

I forgot that Twilight Town was a world in the Realm of Inbetween. That does explain how he got out. I'm not entirely sure if he used the Corridors, now that I think of it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I forgot that Twilight Town was a world in the Realm of Inbetween. That does explain how he got out. I'm not entirely sure if he used the Corridors, now that I think of it.

He did. He mentions the corridors in his reports. Once he accepted darkness he found them he says.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Yes. It is mentioned in Ansem's reports. It was after he was banished to the dark realm that he donned the name DiZ or Darkness in Zero. That is one of the few things I do know about Ansem the Wise that is official. I feel that a lot can actually be done with his character. It takes a kind man to take in a total amnesiac stranger as your apprentice, and in BBS we do see him holding hands and eating ice cream with Ienzo. I think that the betrayal hurt more because he thought of his apprentices as family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back